Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eloise Countess of Oranje-Nassau, jonkvrouw van Amsberg (2002)  (Read 13147 times)
Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2021, 11:35:38 AM »

I really didnít and donít feel the need to be taught anything by this girl, and I will most certainly not buy her book. I have nothing against her of course, but I think that she is not qualified to impart wisdom of any kind, except, maybe, to showcase her highly privileged life. I am not sure that it was a good idea for her parents to encourage such an initiative, especially at a time like this, when people are losing their jobs and have trouble making ends meet... it does sound and look like a slap in the face.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 05:09:05 PM »

The confidence of youth is thinking you have so many life lessons to share. The wisdom of age is realising how much you still have to learn.

Cool your jets, everyone
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2021, 05:18:57 PM »

The confidence of youth is thinking you have so many life lessons to share. The wisdom of age is realising how much you still have to learn.

Star

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2021, 09:25:57 PM »

Yeah, there is a fine line between encouraging your children, praising them and giving them either the feeling that they can have (or already have) the world at their fingertips or the opposite, the fear that they cannot not reach the goals set for them.
I remember Prince Charles was once crucified for saying  that if you convince children that the sky is the limit, you set them up for heartbreak. If you give them the impression that of course they can become an astronaut, a race car driver, a medical doctor or a supermodel, when in fact they will most certainly not be able to become either, what does it do to their self worth? How can they be content in their lives, when they feel they failed or that the world dealt them a shitty card?
I do blame social media for a lot of problems today, for much of the envy, the low self-esteem and the self doubts so many of the young have. The daughter of a prince/ granddaughter of the Queen showcasing her spectacular life with all the privileges, that she likely takes for granted and give out advise on how to live sustainable and in agreement with environment and culture... not sure I find that anything but a slap.

That is some true word and realistic advice by Prince Charles.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2021, 11:26:54 PM »

Yeah, there is a fine line between encouraging your children, praising them and giving them either the feeling that they can have (or already have) the world at their fingertips or the opposite, the fear that they cannot not reach the goals set for them.
I remember Prince Charles was once crucified for saying  that if you convince children that the sky is the limit, you set them up for heartbreak. If you give them the impression that of course they can become an astronaut, a race car driver, a medical doctor or a supermodel, when in fact they will most certainly not be able to become either, what does it do to their self worth? How can they be content in their lives, when they feel they failed or that the world dealt them a shitty card?
I do blame social media for a lot of problems today, for much of the envy, the low self-esteem and the self doubts so many of the young have. The daughter of a prince/ granddaughter of the Queen showcasing her spectacular life with all the privileges, that she likely takes for granted and give out advise on how to live sustainable and in agreement with environment and culture... not sure I find that anything but a slap.

I could not agree more, Fairy.  The whole "If you can dream it, you can do it" mentality has a time and a place, but it's certainly not EVERY time or EVERY place.  And I also agree with you about this book.  Her experiences with "clothing and student life" are vastly unrelatable to the majority of her readers, I'd imagine.  I don't actually find it inspiring or admirable that she's written it.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2021, 10:43:42 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/achterk...wie-ze-onzeker-wordt.html

Loosly translated via Google Translate as:

Eloise unfollows people on social media who make her insecure

Countess Eloise unfollows people on social media who make her insecure with their "perfect pictures", she says in the program Time for MAX.

The daughter of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien explains that this is the best way for her to counteract the uncertainties. "I'm only a young girl, so of course I'm insecure about things too. You see so many perfect things on social media," said Eloise.

"You have to remember that it is a snapshot of someone. And how I deal with that is really unfollowing people who I think all the time: you are so beautiful, if only I were like that."

According to the countess, it is not good to think that way. "All the time wanting to be something other than you actually are. Why follow someone you're only going to compare yourself to?"

Eloise will release her first book next week. In the lifestyle guide Learning by doing she answers questions from followers about clothing, student life, moving into rooms and nutrition. She got some help from her parents. "My mother has a lot of experience with writing books, so she was very critical of the language," she says about Laurentien. "But really only good criticism, so that's very nice to have."

Eloise is not supposed to be telling readers how to do things in the book. "I'm not going to tell you: this is how it should be," emphasized the eldest granddaughter of Princess Beatrix. "I just make mistakes. I'm just nineteen, so I just do something."

Thursday was Eloise's first time sitting at the table on a talk show. And she liked that. "It's totally fun," she said. "A very nice atmosphere here."

https://www.rtlboulevard....oranje-boek-tijd-voor-max

Eloise van Oranje makes talk show debut: 'Completely fun'

Next week the first book by Eloise van Oranje will be published: 'Leaning by doing'. To promote the style guide, she is a guest this afternoon at 'Tijd voor MAX', where the countess influencer makes her talk show debut. "Completely nice", the 19-year-old finds it when presenter Sybrand Niessen (59) asks her how she thinks it is so far. "There is also a really nice atmosphere here, so very nice as a first time."

During the conversation, the daughter of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien tells that her parents are extremely proud of the book. They even co-wrote a little bit, Eloise reveals. "Of course my parents are watching me (Ö) My mother has a lot of experience with writing books, so she was very critical of the language, but only had good criticism - which is very nice to have."

A place has been reserved for them in the word of thanks. "I am very happy with my parents, they are always there for me and give me the room to make mistakes," said the social media star.

Learning by doing is a complete, personal lifestyle guide to everything Eloise has faced since she started on her own two feet; from clothing to study, from leaving home to make-up and from recipes to tips for self-confidence. All the answers to all these questions are bundled in this personal book, full of fun anecdotes, photos from the past and favorite recipes. For example, Eloise explains how she finds her way in a new place after moving, where her love for vintage clothing comes from and what her favorite make-up and care products are.

Eloise: "But appearance and things aren't everything, I think the inside is just as important. That's why I also talk about how I make sure I feel good about myself, how I practice self-care and how I deal with negative reactions, for example. "

Last, but certainly not least: an important part of the book consists of food and cooking. "Since I went to hotel school, I've been cooking more and more and discovering things in the kitchen," says Princess Beatrix's first grandchild. "In the food chapter I share fun memories and anecdotes about food from my childhood and then I share quite a few easy recipes that anyone can make! Because believe me, if I can do it, you can too. From my own smoothie to go to my mother's French toast, everything will pass."

FIY: the Dutch dish 'wentelteefjes' translated as 'French toast', which is correct. But if you would translate it literally you would get 'turning bitches' Tongue Laugh bounce

Dutch wiki about Wentelteefjes: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentelteefje
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 11:00:05 AM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2021, 10:50:56 AM »

https://www.rtlboulevard....se-geslaagd-autorijbewijs

News of early June:

Eloise van Oranje passed (for) her driver's license

Great news for Eloise van Oranje (18). The 'countess influencer' has passed her driver's license.

Eloise shares the good news on her Instagram Stories. 'I passed', writes the daughter of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien with a photo of herself. Moments later, Eloise also shares a photo of her standing next to her school car. "Joy," she writes.

It was Eloise's second time taking her driving test. Two weeks ago, the Dutch countess failed her driver's license.

BTW  the 'countess influencer' is a pun which works in Dutch only. In Dutch they used: 'gravinfluencer' , a merged combi of gravin and influencer (gravin = Dutch for countess)
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2021, 12:03:37 PM »

Chuck is a wise man.

An whoever thinks that mama Laurentien's if-my-girls-like-going-south-they-will-go-south dress sense is a thing to be admired, it surely must be for its complete lack thereof.

Edited to snark: girl should pluck the lower 5mms of her inner brow to get rid of that too much botox between the eyes look.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2021, 12:15:06 PM »

Chuck is a wise man.

An whoever thinks that mama Laurentien's if-my-girls-like-going-south-they-will-go-south dress sense is a thing to be admired, it surely must be for its complete lack thereof.

Edited to snark: girl should pluck the lower 5mms of her inner brow to get rid of that too much botox between the eyes look.

oooh, you're sharp again today Pomme!  Laugh bounce
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2021, 02:46:20 PM »

For the genZers: if youíre not an influencer, have a following on TikTok or Instagram, are you even living your best life? Living life at all?

(I have two Zers at home. I think their social media, mostly local friends and acquaintances, feeds their insecurities. But theyíd never admit it.)

Itís like what Warren Beatty said to Madonna in her movie, something about if it wasnít on camera, was it really life or did it count. Prescient in 1990.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2021, 05:05:11 PM »

https://www.rtlboulevard....se-geslaagd-autorijbewijs

News of early June:

Eloise van Oranje passed (for) her driver's license

Great news for Eloise van Oranje (18). The 'countess influencer' has passed her driver's license.

Eloise shares the good news on her Instagram Stories. 'I passed', writes the daughter of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien with a photo of herself. Moments later, Eloise also shares a photo of her standing next to her school car. "Joy," she writes.

It was Eloise's second time taking her driving test. Two weeks ago, the Dutch countess failed her driver's license.

BTW  the 'countess influencer' is a pun which works in Dutch only. In Dutch they used: 'gravinfluencer' , a merged combi of gravin and influencer (gravin = Dutch for countess)

She really reminds me of Maxima's youngest daughter in this picture.  Can't remember which A she is...  But something about the shape of her eyes here really looks like the eyes of the littlest A.

Maybe I'm showing my age here but I cast a skeptical eye to anyone who decries the perfection of social media while curating her own social media AND releasing a book on her opinions and advice. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2021, 05:26:08 PM »

For the genZers: if youíre not an influencer, have a following on TikTok or Instagram, are you even living your best life? Living life at all?

(I have two Zers at home. I think their social media, mostly local friends and acquaintances, feeds their insecurities. But theyíd never admit it.)

Itís like what Warren Beatty said to Madonna in her movie, something about if it wasnít on camera, was it really life or did it count. Prescient in 1990.

Iím definitely not a Gen Zíer, but I wonder if itís worse than what some of us went through as a young girls? Maybe it is but Iím not sure.

We had music videos with dancers who looked like Vegas showgirls on TV and we had models who all seemed to have long straight blond hair and blue eyes. As a short girl with curly black hair and hazel eyes, I remember feeling pretty bad about the way I looked.

Neither is right or a healthy way of growing up, but hopefully parents are more aware now of what media can do to a young personís confidence.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: