Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amalia news and events 2021  (Read 10268 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »

Was there talk of her attending that school in Wales that Leonor and Elisabeth are going to attend, or am I making that up?  I'm interested to see what she does on her gap year, and it seems a very wise move to decline the stipend. 

That was about her younger sister Alexia.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...age-goede-sociale-antenne

It has been announced that for now Amalia will not use her allowance.
Isabel

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »

Good decision by the NRF.  It would have created another scandal in the middle of a pandemic and when so many businesses and people are financially struggling, an 18 y.o. could get that kind of money when she is not yet working for the State.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »

Good decision by the NRF.  It would have created another scandal in the middle of a pandemic and when so many businesses and people are financially struggling, an 18 y.o. could get that kind of money when she is not yet working for the State.

They have so much money from the ďassetsĒ they acquired that they donít need any money to fund their lives ever .... go and look at Bilderberg..... the family has ill gotten gains that they still benefit from ..... any State funding should be removed
Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2021, 03:19:12 PM »

This decision was inevitable after the high standard set by their Belgian neighbours. Phil and Til are just  Thumb up Thumb up Thumb up
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2021, 07:53:26 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/23...ia-vanwege-18e-verjaardag

Loosely translated as:

Claudia de Breij writes book about Amalia because of 18th birthday

On the occasion of Princess Amalia's 18th birthday, Claudia de Breij has written a book about the princess, the Government Information Service reports. The writer, comedian and singer had some conversations with the crown princess last summer. The book will be titled Amalia.

De Breij writes on Instagram that now Amalia "can in principle become queen", she can be introduced to the Netherlands "through a written portrait". "The princess has taken me to places that are important to her and we have had many conversations together - about everything that matters."

The two talked to each other about the princess's school days and her love for music, but also the kingship and what her future role means for her. During the conversations, the princess showed the Royal Stable Department to De Breij, where the two spoke about her passion for equestrian sport.

In addition to the text by De Breij, the book also contains images from the princess's private archive.

Tradition
A book about her father, King Willem-Alexander, was published around the same age. Journalist Renate Rubinstein spoke with the Crown Prince for ten days at the end of 1984. Those conversations led to the portrait Alexander in 1985.

Portrait of Princess Beatrix by Hella Haasse was published in 1955 when the future queen turned 18.

Princess Amalia will turn 18 on December 7. From that moment on, she can occasionally speak out, albeit under ministerial responsibility. She will probably be seen more often from then on.

From that age, the princess is also legally entitled to an allowance. That is about 1.6 million euros per year. Earlier this year, the princess reported in a letter that she would waive the income part of her benefit until the end of her studies. That is about 300,000 euros.

The remainder is intended for personnel and material expenditure. In the letter she also wrote that "as long as she will not incur high costs in her position as Princess of Orange" she will also refund the expense allowance.

Claudia de Breij and Amalia:

Amalia on her horse Mojito:
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 08:02:48 AM »

I see a resemblance in looks between Princess Amalia and the young Queen Wilhelmina and Queen Juliana.  Champagne
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 09:55:36 AM »

I see a resemblance in looks between Princess Amalia and the young Queen Wilhelmina and Queen Juliana.  Champagne

She indeed resembles the paternal side of her family very much. IMO, as a (small) child she also often resembled her grandmother Queen Beatrix when she was at a similar age.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2021, 01:01:08 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/konings...met-een-vrouw-trouwt.html

Loosely translated as:

Amalia doesn't have to abdicate if she marries a woman

Princess Amalia does not have to abdicate by the cabinet if she wants to marry a woman. That is what outgoing Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Tuesday after a parliamentary question from the VVD.

"The cabinet believes that the heir can also marry a person of the same sex and sees no obstacle to a consent law for a marriage of a successor with a person of the same sex," Rutte replied.

"The cabinet therefore does not see that an heir apparent or the king should abdicate if he or she would like to marry a partner of the same sex." He does not want to comment on the succession to the throne by children who can be born in that marriage.

The official government position is that an heir to the throne must abdicate if he or she marries someone of the same sex. After the introduction of same-sex marriage in 2001, the cabinet made a reservation for the royal family, because the throne is hereditary and "it is established in advance that no children can be born from such a marriage".

The government has not subsequently reverted to this position. It can be deduced from Rutte's answer that this reservation may only disappear if an heir to the throne actually wants to marry someone of the same sex.

The issue is discussed in the recently published book Amalia, duty calls by Peter Rehwinkel. The VVD and PvdA argue that this position should be amended and asked parliamentary questions on this subject.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2021, 07:59:38 PM »

How about succession then? Would an invitro child (were the father is not the husband) or an adopted child be accepted?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 09:29:17 PM »

How about succession then? Would an invitro child (were the father is not the husband) or an adopted child be accepted?

Perhaps the offspring of her sisters?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 09:38:09 PM »

Perhaps the offspring of her sisters?

Imo, if they allow samesex marriage they should also allow an adopted/invitro child succession.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:11 PM »

If they allow adoption, then the concept of hereditary succession is gone.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2021, 12:44:49 AM »

If they allow adoption, then the concept of hereditary succession is gone.

This feels like they've opened a can of worms that didn't need to be opened, and now they have raised all sorts of sticky questions that strike at the heart of what royalty is and why it exists.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2021, 10:21:25 PM »

Pandora's box!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: