Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royals and Plane Crashes  (Read 7139 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 12:23:13 AM »

Star thanks y'all!  I learn so much from you dishes 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 09:49:18 AM »

THe father of Carl Gustav of Sweden died in a plane crash in Denmark in 1947 when he was only a 9 month old baby.
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 03:55:17 PM »

I'm trying to remember, weren't they Nazi's?  Was their funeral the one Phillip is shown walking in a procession with Nazi flags and Hitler salutes?  I faintly remember a photo like that.  Perhaps Cyril will know what I'm talking about.

Yes, Don was a member of the Nazi Party, along with his wife Cecilie and younger brother Ludwig/Louis. Three of Prince Philip's four brothers-in-law were members--Don, plus Christoph of Hesse-Kassel, and Gottfried of Hohenlohe. Only Bethold of Baden was not a member.
This is why none of them were invited when Philip married the future QE.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 11:48:27 PM »

I'm trying to remember, weren't they Nazi's?  Was their funeral the one Phillip is shown walking in a procession with Nazi flags and Hitler salutes?  I faintly remember a photo like that.  Perhaps Cyril will know what I'm talking about.

Yes, Don was a member of the Nazi Party, along with his wife Cecilie and younger brother Ludwig/Louis. Three of Prince Philip's four brothers-in-law were members--Don, plus Christoph of Hesse-Kassel, and Gottfried of Hohenlohe. Only Bethold of Baden was not a member.

However, Prince Philip's three remaining sisters did attend their sister-in-law's coronation in 1953.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 03:23:00 AM »

However, Prince Philip's three remaining sisters did attend their sister-in-law's coronation in 1953.

We’re they invited?  In 1953 it might have still posed a problem.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 12:57:36 AM »

I would assume the sisters were invited. Between 1953 and 1945 is eight years. Surely that would have been some time to not be upset with German royalty and nobility.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 08:47:19 AM »

A quick scan of the internet brought no answers. But I don't think Philip's sisters attended. There were private relations, but never official ones. Any visit between them (and I believe there were many - as one sister is even Edward's godmother) were deeply private.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 01:16:07 PM »

A quick scan of the internet brought no answers. But I don't think Philip's sisters attended. There were private relations, but never official ones. Any visit between them (and I believe there were many - as one sister is even Edward's godmother) were deeply private.

Agree, I don’t think they did attend. There would be pictures and other records if they did, since they had been so “problematic” as to not be in ited to the wedding.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 05:50:02 PM »

I would assume the sisters were invited. Between 1953 and 1945 is eight years. Surely that would have been some time to not be upset with German royalty and nobility.

I don’t know...the RF, at least back then, could hold some world class grudges for long periods of time.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 10:31:18 PM »

I don’t know...the RF, at least back then, could hold some world class grudges for long periods of time.

They did attend. See here https://en.m.wikipedia.or...oronation_of_Elizabeth_II

I see it like this: A wedding is a private affair, were you invite people that you like.

A coronation is a state affair, were you invite people that you need to. In case of the sisters, it's like: Damn you bitches, now I'm the Queen.
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 04:03:06 AM »

Yep, and not just Sophie was his godmother, but Louis of Hesse was also his godfather, so two Germans.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2021, 01:38:23 AM »

Tragic fate of Airliner 1937 Princess Cecilie     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvkkvbrqOBU
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: