Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aristocrat Henry Roper-Curzon says he was 'duped' into marrying his 'Kurdish Pri  (Read 1210 times)
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »

Caught my attention today -

'I've been a mug': Aristocrat Henry Roper-Curzon says he was 'duped' into marrying his 'Kurdish Princess' bride - and was only rescued when his mother turned detective to investigate

https://www.dailymail.co....rdish-Princess-bride.html

"Harry says he was ‘completely taken in’ by the ambitious Mexican-American – a consummate networker with undoubted talent for self-promotion – and was only rescued when his suspicious mother ‘turned Poirot’ to investigate her daughter-in-law and raised concerns with her son."

If I am not mistaken, she's a friend of Dr Prof Dame Tessy Antony.

jolene

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 10:05:56 PM »

I saw her on the Netflix show "Made In Mexico" and she was insufferable. Her cast mates couldn't stand her. I can't help but side-eye him though. He seems like a gold digger. They didn't date long before getting married.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 10:16:30 PM »

This story is fishier than than the sea.

They’re both lying and probably deserve each other.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 11:53:02 AM »

Wouldn't you check on these kind of things before the wedding....??
Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 05:09:56 PM »

jolene, I haven't watched that show but she looks insufferable in her IG photos and the way she presents herself online (her website). I checked on her a year or so ago when she was on my radar because of her "philanthropic work" and remember she had more on her CV in terms of education there back then than what she has now. Lots was deleted it seems.

I am side-eyeing him too. He comes across as dumb and definitely as a gold digger. As anastasia beaverhausen rightly pointed out, they deserve each other.

Wouldn't you check on these kind of things before the wedding....??

just shows what an idiot her was/is. I hope this is a chance for him to grow.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 05:21:56 PM »

From the article, it seems that she comes from a well-off Mexican-American family with Middle Eastern ancestry and he thought they were absurdly rich and would help repair his family's estate. Doesn't he realize that the American 'dollar princesses' are no longer a thing? A Vanderbilt is not going to marry off his rich daughter so she can get a title and the aristo can repair the castle. I'm giving him the hairy eyeball. If he needs help with the estate, do like Julie Montagu has done and raise the profile of the estate (in her case Mapperton) and rent it out. The estate has a Youtube channel, has been used as filming locations, rents it out for events and weekends including yoga retreats and shooting parties.
Airlie (not the Countess)

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »

Oh, he's definitely a "fortune hunter".  It even says in the article that he hoped her money could help save his crumbling pile and he doesn't seem particularly bright.

She gave me incredibly fake vibes when I first heard about her a couple of years ago.

No wonder it didn't work out.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 07:22:08 PM »

These concerns seem like something you should vet out before the wedding? They sound like they deserve one another.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: