Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Tokyo Olympics, July - August 2021  (Read 47598 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« on: July 23, 2021, 08:08:24 PM »

I have no idea if any/how many royals are attending this time.

🥂
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 12:30:48 AM »

🥂

Since spectators arenít permitted I assumed we wouldnít see any.  But maybe - who knows?
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 12:49:56 AM »

🥂

Since spectators arenít permitted I assumed we wouldnít see any.  But maybe - who knows?

We may see a few as part of official delegations - Fred was supposed to attend for a few days before he ended up having to quarantine. Iíd assume Albert was there for the IOC meetings and may stick around for a little bit?
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 01:12:56 AM »

I saw a picture of Albert in the stands with (in the vicinity of, because of social distancing) Jill Biden and Emmanuel Macron.   Gonna miss seeing lots and lots of royals!  Sad
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 02:17:42 AM »

The Emperor was also there.
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 11:01:08 AM »

GD Henri and Prince Albert are there -- Macron and Jill Biden too. I've read that Frederick will attend the Olympic committee for the last time.

https://www.hola.com/real...juegos-olimpicos-tokio/1/
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 06:39:05 PM »

I'm sad that there won't be any royals at the Olympics.

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 07:31:13 PM »

Iím bummed about the lack of royal watching too but honestly if the athletes own husbands, wives, kids, parents, etc canít attend Iím not interested in a bunch of ďspecialĒ folks (Royals, politicians, political spouses, etc.) attending either.
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 06:20:31 PM »

Did anyone else see the 18 year old Tunisian swimmer win the men's 400 freestyle last night from lane 8? Absolutely incredible. His reaction so sweet and genuine!
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 07:28:48 PM »

Did anyone else see the 18 year old Tunisian swimmer win the men's 400 freestyle last night from lane 8? Absolutely incredible. His reaction so sweet and genuine!

I did. Aside from rooting for most of the USA team, my favorite is when someone unexpected wins or someone with a unique or sad story or limited resources. I love the Olympics. This time change is killing me though. Either I move into a cave with no electricity or the media is determined to ruin every event for us.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 08:55:29 PM »

Iím bummed about the lack of royal watching too but honestly if the athletes own husbands, wives, kids, parents, etc canít attend Iím not interested in a bunch of ďspecialĒ folks (Royals, politicians, political spouses, etc.) attending either.

I agree!!

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
RainbowUnicorn68

Micro Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 08:57:22 PM »

I did. Aside from rooting for most of the USA team, my favorite is when someone unexpected wins or someone with a unique or sad story or limited resources. I love the Olympics. This time change is killing me though. Either I move into a cave with no electricity or the media is determined to ruin every event for us.

I love the unexpected wins too, the althletes who overcome adversity.

I had a boss once who said all the people who were not among the elite had no place at the Olympics. He said they ruined it. Needless to say, he was not an empathetic person, quite the opposite. He clearly did not understand what the Olympics are all about in my opinion.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 09:08:10 PM »

I am absolutely NOT watching. I think the idea of holding the Olympic games right now in a city with so few unvaccinated people is such a bad idea. I have a feeling that history will not treat the Tokyo Olympics well.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 09:19:46 PM »

I love the meme going around that says something like "I am once again asking the Olympics to include one ordinary person in each event so we can see just how difficult these sports are!"   Laugh bounce

So many of these athletes make it look so effortless, and we lose sight of just how good they are.  I'd love to see an average person give things a go so we have something to compare it to!   

I have a lot of mixed emotions about the wisdom of the Games going ahead.  But I did enjoy seeing the flagbearer from Tonga in the opening ceremonies!  Grin
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 03:10:53 PM »

Suni is committed to my university. I got up at dawn to watch live! So happy!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: