Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: December is RD’s 15th anniversary!  (Read 2393 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« on: September 28, 2021, 06:10:30 AM »

Headsup: Another huge thank-you looming for Maria and Thomas as 15 years comes up in December!

And wow - Mary was still the focus of all the love and admiration in 2016. Who could have guessed the tsunami from the BRF that was coming?

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »

I do have my year right don’t I?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 10:09:40 AM »

15 years already! Well done Maria and Thomas  Hug
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 11:41:16 AM »

Getting so close! 15 years is AMAZING!!!!!
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 02:36:11 PM »

Well, the fifteen years anniversary is quite an achievement in my book, so my sincerest congratulations to both the platform providers and all the posters who really make it an interesting board!  Hug  Champagne

And to honour the anniversary – in my own way of course, and for the sake of old times – I thought I’d post an episode of my (visual) story Monaco Clandestine. Just a bit of entertainment in these slow dullish times.  Sad If the Admins would find the post out of place, sure it’s in their power to remove the silly thing.  Angry Until then – enjoy!

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 02:41:50 PM »

So here we go!  Cool

The Plot Thickens…

…There was a Night Owl-bar on Boulevard d’Italie, the place I knew the rumour-mongering types would frequent. Therein lies the opportunity! - I said to myself and strolled on in noncommittal manner.  Secret

Any night bar at small hours is surely not a merry sight. There’s quite a difference between the first drink of the night and the last call, just before the flashing light.  Cry The undercurrent of excitement, the ambiance, the silly jovial talk, the ambitions and the drive of the early evening; a jolly sardonic bartender deriving amusement (and a profit) from the overpaying customers  Beer– all that was well gone by the time I walked in.  Sad

Quite a few hard-boiled regulars were nursing their last orders with the solemnity of the abandoned.  Blush I wished I had their sense of purpose, though as it was, I very much counted on the descending mood. The one that usually brings up frustration and softens vigilance. The dopamine crash, if you will.  Crap (I’m talking off camera, you comprehend…  Cool)

(To be continued)

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »

...I rounded up a few acquaintances I was somewhat friendly with back in the day. The racing has-beens were comparing their actual net-worth.  Real mad Somebody hot and bothered was having the last laugh.  “All we need is an uproar!”- a lady of a certain age was declaring fearlessly.  Supercontent Well, suit yourselves, I smirked inwardly. I’ve easily spotted the guy I was hoping to meet at Night Owl. The Scarface, a brilliant investigator in rumour trafficking.  Secret I used to be on nodding terms with him, too, something like a century ago? Truth be told, I did miss the pleasure of his caustic company. Occasionally. In some ways. Without publicising the fact. 

But knowing The Scarface knack of covering his back, I skipped all the usual platitudes, approached him bluntly and spoke upfront: “Quoi de neuf chez vous mon vieil?” If he was surprised to see me, it didn’t show.  Whistle “All is right and well in this part of the Uncommon Wealth. Ain’t nobody been mugged here in a fortnight, and that counts for something in the grand scheme of things, don’t you think?”  Cool Having been pushed down the food chain, the guy diligently wore his off-duty look.  But don’t you ever be fooled by appearances - his knowledge of the métier d’espion could put yours to shame for sure.  Secret Mine, too…  Blush

(To be continued)

Melville Davisson Post
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 05:08:03 PM »

WOW  Blink 15 years, that's a very long time for keeping a forum going.

CONGRATULATIONS, Marie & Thomas 

Thank you for your efforts and oversight. You do it brilliantly. And sorry for the trouble you have to go through at times  Crap

On a personal note, it's been 12 years that I've been with RD and it has been a blast. So again, thank you Maria & Thomas  Curtsey

Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 08:49:25 AM »

The Plot Thickens...

Meanwhile, The Scarface offered me his pipe in a rare gesture of delicate camaraderie: “Care for a quickie?"  Tongue Now, a man of my standing has to play it safe. “Thanks, but no thanks!”  Angry “Look, the word in the street is, there’re a couple of dangerous moguls on the loose in Monaco. It’s a no-brainer to assume a coup d'êtat is being schemed. So, we’d better start talking the talk.”  Real mad ”What, you gonna read me my Miranda Rights?”- he grinned.  Well, I do appreciate quick wit as much as the next guy, but I’m nothing if not the pragmatist. I can grease the palm with the outmost discretion.  Cat I can equally crack down on make-believe tough cookies. “Ever heard of the Added Value of the Duty Stamp?”- I hinted solemnly.  Secret That did the trick, as I knew it would.  Cool

“All right, down to business then,”- The Scarface said magnanimously. “The Pretender to the Throne has given up pretending. He’s been offered a golden parachute, no less. I doubt his social life is particularly rip-roaring these days, but his bank account is fat and happy, all the same.  Huh? Now, The Usurpers. They’ve got plenty of staff strategically positioned throughout Principality.  Secret That’s how they’ve placed their boots on the Monegasque ground. Top Execs and patronages, granted on nepotism merits and some such.  Hug Rings any bell? Canny brutes, the lot of them!  Angry They’ll probably oscillate back and forth, until reaching a certain point, and then will bluntly tossed in the last provocation. Satisfied?”  Cool

(To be continued)

Melville Davisson Post
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2021, 08:53:16 AM »

…There was something ominous about the morning mist that was now receding slowly. The shadowy figures of doom and gloom were finally getting on the residents’ nerves.  Secret “Rotten business, that!” – The Yellow Rabbit said pointedly and quickly made tracks for so much the better. (Interesting strategy, like...)  Thinking Thoroughly cheesed off, I was gradually losing my way, my nerve and my wits.  Crazy Calm and collected, The Bold Duchess was having the time of her life.  Let things play out, I said to myself and then made my strategic getaway…  Cool

PS No, I’ve no aspirations for a Pulitzer Prize. It’s reserved for the wizards at CNN, obviously…  Roll Eyes

Melville Davisson Post
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2021, 11:09:44 AM »

Ha ha thanks so much ToN! Banana
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2021, 11:17:13 AM »

Ah Tulipe! Merci mille fois! 
 Banana Star
And happy anniversary RD!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 11:24:07 AM »

Happy Anniversary RD!!  Banana Champagne
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2021, 02:55:35 PM »

Happy anniversary!! Thank you, Maria and Thomas!

And thank you Tulip for an entertaining side bar. 😁

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2021, 03:07:59 PM »

Champagne  Happy Anniversary!  Thanks  to Maria and Thomas for their expertise in herding cats  Jumping

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: