Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess of Asturias Awards 2021  (Read 8227 times)
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2021, 05:32:33 AM »

@lanuevaespana

Well Felipe looks good at least.  Secret

I love Leo's dress. It's cute, modest, and appropriate for her age, but fancy for the event. It's a cocktail dress for a teenager.

Little Sofia dresses conservatively in general. I believe she does so by her own choice. She's at an awkward age and she may not be all that comfortable with being fashion forward or with her body. She's super tall for her age. I think that's why she slouches - to be a little shorter. That's certainly why she wears flats most of the time. It must be awkward to have a body of a mature adult when you're mentally much younger. People look at you and think you should be dressing and behaving a certain way, but you're still reserved and not quite there yet. Hence, I'll give Sofia a pass. Louise of Wessex was also an awkward dresser during her teen years. She was also tall for her age.

I like the style of Leti's dress. It reminds me of dresses from the 50's. Glamourous and feminine. I don't like that it's plain black satin. Too somber when you have that much heavy fabric. That much black requires a little more skin (e.g. a square neckline with narrow shoulder straps). It needs to be punched up and "lightened" with some glitter, lace, or sheer fabric. Even a glittery belt and a statement necklace would've improved the look.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2021, 05:36:20 AM »

It's so nice to see teenagers who still look wholesome and fresh-faced. Leo and Sofia are so pretty without much makeup - or at least makeup that looks natural and light.
At Leonor's age, Amalia and Alexia were already wearing heavy makeup.
TheMorWearsPrada

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2021, 06:09:37 AM »

I like this dress on Leo a LOT better than her pink/magenta one. It's cute and stylish, but still totally appropriate for a 16 year old (her birthday is next week but close enough) and unlike the other dress, doesn't make her look like she raided her mother's closet. The shoes are also totally appropriate - not a super high stiletto, but she's definitely old enough for a heel and the choice of shoes reflects that.

I get what people are saying about Sofia sometimes being dressed rather drab compared to her sister, but skirts like hers seem to be rather in fashion with girls her age from what I've observed, so maybe she liked it.

TheMorWearsPrada

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2021, 06:12:45 AM »

It's so nice to see teenagers who still look wholesome and fresh-faced. Leo and Sofia are so pretty without much makeup - or at least makeup that looks natural and light.
At Leonor's age, Amalia and Alexia were already wearing heavy makeup.

She is definitely wearing some makeup - I can see eyeliner and mascara in that picture, and she's likely wearing a very light foundation or bb cream and a natural shade of lipstick, but it is definitely subtle makeup. She still looks very natural.

Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2021, 08:21:52 AM »

@lanuevaespana

I like the style of Leti's dress. It reminds me of dresses from the 50's. Glamourous and feminine. I don't like that it's plain black satin. Too somber when you have that much heavy fabric. That much black requires a little more skin (e.g. a square neckline with narrow shoulder straps). It needs to be punched up and "lightened" with some glitter, lace, or sheer fabric. Even a glittery belt and a statement necklace would've improved the look.

Spanish press speculated that the whole family wore black or partial black in memory of Letizia's grandmother Menchu, who passed away 3 months ago in Asturias. Even Felipe wore a black suit. Little Sofia's black top was a 10-year old Verala from her mom's closet.

P. S. Letizia's dress was from a Spanish company called The 2nd Skin Company but she had it altered. She had the sleeves removed and added the bows on the skirt.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2021, 08:30:19 AM »

@lanuevaespana

Felipe always looks good 

Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2021, 10:03:42 AM »

@lanuevaespana

Felipe always looks good 

Yes he does... I donít like what the rest of the family is dressed in ... Leti is over the top and then you add the mega diamonds.... little Sofia looks drab and like she is attending a different event and Leo looks like the dress was bought months ago and it no longer fits... too short and snug for her ... at least Grandma Sofia is not clingy
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2021, 11:03:01 AM »

I really like Leti's dress, it's fabulous.  Felipe looks as handsome as ever.

The girls are a miss match.  I like Leonor's dress but not with the black close shoes she's wearing.  The dress would have look much better with nude, sling back shoes similar to the ones she wore the day before.

Sofia is a hoot.  She obviously have clear ideas what she likes even if the style is a total disaster.  She's only 14 so I'll give her a pass.  I don't think Letizia has much to do with the girls dressing, Sofia wore something similar last year and seems to favour a kind of boho, ballerina style.  It's a mess but at least she is showing character in choosing what she wants to wear.  Hopefully her dress style will improve in time 
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2021, 12:14:55 PM »

Visit to Santa MarŪa del Puerto (Somiedo) for the bestowal of the 2021 Exemplary Town of Asturias Award

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVggn2ayr4A

lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2021, 01:06:43 PM »

https://www.lne.es/fotos/...erto-58723220.html#foto=1

lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2021, 01:57:46 PM »

semana

lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2021, 01:57:56 PM »

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2021, 06:05:51 PM »

@lanuevaespana

Felipe always looks good 

Yes he does... I donít like what the rest of the family is dressed in ... Leti is over the top and then you add the mega diamonds.... little Sofia looks drab and like she is attending a different event and Leo looks like the dress was bought months ago and it no longer fits... too short and snug for her ... at least Grandma Sofia is not clingy
i totalky agree with you here
And may i add that for a while now Leti id looking over the top in all her apparence...
Too much in everything imo.

Pulsatilla

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2021, 06:48:22 PM »

@lanuevaespana

Spanish press speculated that the whole family wore black or partial black in memory of Letizia's grandmother Menchu, who passed away 3 months ago in Asturias. Even Felipe wore a black suit. Little Sofia's black top was a 10-year old Verala from her mom's closet.

P. S. Letizia's dress was from a Spanish company called The 2nd Skin Company but she had it altered. She had the sleeves removed and added the bows on the skirt.

On newmyroyals there is a pic of the dress worn by a model. It is exactly the same version as Leti's, sleeveless and with bows on the pockets. So it obviously wasn't altered for her.
Laprincess

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2021, 07:35:37 PM »

Good to know. I read it on a Spanish news site. It didn't have a photo. I love her dress. It's very Audrey Hepburn circa 1950s.

I don't know why people said Letizia dressed Sofia in drab. The ballerina skirt is very in. I almost bought one myself last year. Sofia wore a top her mother wore once at a state visit. Sofia also wore a bracelet with black stones (onyx?) on her right arm. Leonor wore no jewelry except the small gold earrings she shares with her mother. Sofia was going for the sophisticated ballerina look.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: