Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First to marry????  (Read 1418 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2022, 12:35:49 AM »

OK, this falls into the realm of sheer speculation, but who do you think will be the first to marry of the junior European royals? I'm talking about the group of heirs that includes Ingrid Alexandra, Christian, Leonore, Alexia and I guess, Estelle. I know it's way too early now, but I wonder if any of them will marry at a relatively young age, or if they will wait until they complete their education and their military service. There is a general trend for later and later marriage these days, so I am assuming none will marry until they are well into their 30s.

And if they don't marry, will their be tolerance for their living together with a partner without marriage for a significant length of time? And what would happen if what they choose is a same-sex partner? Certainly attitudes in the various countries have largely changed a lot about same-sex relationships. But not, perhaps, when one of the jobs of the heir is to produce heirs.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2022, 03:42:01 AM »

I couldn't begin to explain my reasoning, but I feel confident that Leonore will be the first to marry, and I think Ingrid Alexandra will be later to marry (although I also see her having a long-term boyfriend that she is with for years before she ties the knot).  I think Amalia will marry on the earlier side as well...mid-20s, and I also think that for her, it may be a confidence issue...she may feel like she needs her own Prince Phillip or Prince Albert to rely on as she rules. 
loveofenglishtradition

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 03:53:52 PM »

it would be nice if we hear of these marriages:

Alexandra of Luxembourg
Sebastian of Luxembourg, both 30

Joachim of Belgium, 30,
Maria Louisa of Belgium, 26
Pauline of Monaco, 28
Alexandra of Hanover / Monaco, 23 (maybe still too young)

and of the non reigning families: Elisabeth of Thurn and Taxis, Albert of T.and T. (both almost 40)
kinan

Baby Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 04:23:26 PM »

it would be nice if we hear of these marriages:

Alexandra of Luxembourg
Sebastian of Luxembourg, both 30

Joachim of Belgium, 30,
Maria Louisa of Belgium, 26
Pauline of Monaco, 28
Alexandra of Hanover / Monaco, 23 (maybe still too young)

and of the non reigning families: Elisabeth of Thurn and Taxis, Albert of T.and T. (both almost 40)

I think for non reigning RF, Rafael de Orleans Braganza of Brazil will marry soon. He is 36 y.o, the "heir" of Brazilian RF. The problem is he needs to marry royal bride, otherwise he'll be removed from the "line of succession".

As for the heirs of reigning royal families, I think Elisabeth of Belgium will be the first to marry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: