Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal wedding kisses  (Read 34135 times)
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »

Sorry Ugly Betty if I offended you but personally I was shocked.  In what way, does Spain not, or hardly not contribute, to the world?  I'm assuming you are talking about the present.  When I read your comment, I was thinking of general terms and so I instantly started thinking of Goya, Dalý, Picasso, as well as their movies, and I remember watching some lovely movies from the 1960s which are very much admired outside of Spain and at the moment, there's Almodavar.  There was this famous composer who died in 1999, I think.  Here is the link so that you can hear his music (sooooo moving)  http://www.youtube.com/wa...6J2rU&feature=related

Another thing that came up was that if Spain hadn't funded Colombus, America wouldn't be known today.  Oh and the food! ...

Again, these are things that happened in the past but have an enormous impact now.

Regarding anchoring the news, personally, I've always wondered why it's such a big deal reading the evening news  Thinking.  It's what comes before that's much more interesting:  studies, researching, writing up articles, interviewing, being in dangerous places ...

Anyway, I was just curious ...
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2009, 06:19:31 PM »

Regarding anchoring the news, personally, I've always wondered why it's such a big deal reading the evening news  Thinking.  It's what comes before that's much more interesting:  studies, researching, writing up articles, interviewing, being in dangerous places ...

Most journalists who are the anchor/presenter of the evening news tend to have worked their way up.

It's not as though Letizia just woke up one day and was hired to present one of Spain's most-watched news programme. She reported on the 2000 US elections, September 11th, the Iraq War etc.
News stations don't send "average" reporters to investigate major international news events, no matter how much some people on the board wishes that to be the case!

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
royal observer

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2009, 03:29:55 AM »

Sorry Ugly Betty if I offended you but personally I was shocked.  In what way, does Spain not, or hardly not contribute, to the world?  I'm assuming you are talking about the present.  When I read your comment, I was thinking of general terms and so I instantly started thinking of Goya, Dalý, Picasso, as well as their movies, and I remember watching some lovely movies from the 1960s which are very much admired outside of Spain and at the moment, there's Almodavar.  There was this famous composer who died in 1999, I think.  Here is the link so that you can hear his music (sooooo moving)  http://www.youtube.com/wa...6J2rU&feature=related

Another thing that came up was that if Spain hadn't funded Colombus, America wouldn't be known today.  Oh and the food! ...

Actually Purple, lots of other explorers including the Chinese arrived in America BEFORE Columbus !  Grin

Again, these are things that happened in the past but have an enormous impact now.

You're right - the news anchors do not just "read" the evening news. They have to be real journalists and work their way up and it's one of these very coveted spots that a pool of thousands fight over. Just speaking about the U.S, there are lots of award-winning and respected women journalists eg. Diane Sawyer, Maria Shriver, Meredith Viera, Elizabet Vargas, to name just a few but not a single one of them managed to secure an evening anchor solo position with a major network until Katie Couric It really is THAT hard..

Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

Actually Purple, lots of other explorers including the Chinese arrived in America BEFORE Columbus !  Grin

Yes, I know Royal Observer and that's why I didn' use the word "discover" or "arrive" in the sentence.  It's the association of Columbus and America which comes automatic to most people.  Sorry for the misunderstanding

You're right - the news anchors do not just "read" the evening news. They have to be real journalists and work their way up and it's one of these very coveted spots that a pool of thousands fight over. Just speaking about the U.S, there are lots of award-winning and respected women journalists eg. Diane Sawyer, Maria Shriver, Meredith Viera, Elizabet Vargas, to name just a few but not a single one of them managed to secure an evening anchor solo position with a major network until Katie Couric It really is THAT hard..  I'm curious about this Katie Couric:  is she admired or not?  Thinking

royal observer

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »

I think Katie Couric is respected within the journalism community but I'm not a big fan personally.
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »

Katie Couric is a good journalist, not the best, not the worst. 

akikomei

Singapore Singapore

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 09:39:11 AM »

here's the latest royal wedding kisses

Nobody can take away your pain, so never let anybody take away your happiness.
Wedding Banquet
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2013, 02:40:14 AM »

The whole world holds its breath when the royal love becomes a marriage. naaah, not really  Roll Eyes

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »

Just once I'd like to see the groom dip his wife in a swoon worthy kiss. 
bitterblueheart1

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12:40 PM »

That argument doesn't work though because if Felipe was going to "settle" for anybody it certainly would not have been a career woman like Letizia....

The argument works perfectly.  People make a big deal that she had a career.  Big friggin deal.  There are a million succesful journalists so people like her are ten a penny.  Spain isn't a leading country so she hasn't proven herself amongst international journalists so her talent and ability is questionable.  She is also obviously lacking in any morals and screwed around with her teacher/ex-husnand and her parents are pretty useless since they didn't even try to stop it.

He was pressured to get married and she was convenient.  In five years they will be living seperate lives.

Five years have passed by and Felipe and Letizia are still together.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 09:49:18 PM »

Bhutan Royal Wedding in October 2011. 

15 October 2011: His Majesty kisses Her Majesty in front of more than 30,000 people gathered at the Changlimenthang ground to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
http://www.facebook.com/KingJigmeKhesar

http://www.ndtv.com/photo...s-first-public-kiss-11552

bitterblueheart1

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »

Bhutan Royal Wedding in October 2011. 

15 October 2011: His Majesty kisses Her Majesty in front of more than 30,000 people gathered at the Changlimenthang ground to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
http://www.facebook.com/KingJigmeKhesar

http://www.ndtv.com/photo...s-first-public-kiss-11552

This last picture is extra sweet especially considering they dont do PDA like Westerners do back in Bhutan.
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2022, 12:30:32 AM »

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg     
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/154557164
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2022, 09:47:58 PM »

With all due respect -- and yes I am biased because I am a former Bloomberger myself -- Letizia worked for Beloomberg, which is one of the most elite and prestigious news organizations in the world. It is very very difficult to be hired by Bloomberg and only people with impeccable credentials ever work there. So she cannot be dismissed as a run-of-the-mill journalist. And by the way, MSNBC's superstar Stephanie Ruhle is also a Bloomberg alumna. 
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2022, 12:32:44 AM »

Mike Tindall kissing Zara on their wedding day   
http://us.hellomagazine.c...5-511/royal-kisses4-a.jpg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: