Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Proposal  (Read 1528 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2021, 01:05:44 AM »

Prince Frederick of Prussia (Emperor Frederick III of Germany) proposed to Princess Victoria, Princess Royal of England during a pony trek up Crag-na-ban, near Balmoral.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 01:05:53 AM »

On December 3, 1891 at Luton Hoo, an English country house and estate in Luton in Bedfordshire and Harpenden in Hertfordshire, Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence proposed to Princess Victoria Mary of Teck.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 12:06:51 AM »

On May 3, 1893 Princess Mary of Teck had tea with Princess Louise, Duchess of Fife and her husband. Prince George of Wales was there. George proposed to Princess Mary beside the pond in Princess Louise's garden.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 12:35:49 AM »

Tsarevich Nicholas (Tsar Nicholas II) of Russia proposed more than once to Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine. The first time was when he went to Coburg in April 1894 for the wedding of Ernest Louis of Hesse and by Rhine and Princess Victoria Melita of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Nicholas proposed in the rooms of Alix's sister Princess Elisabeth. Alix wept but could not accept his proposal.  Sweating Sweating
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 09:07:20 AM »

I feel this is going to be a very romantic thread 

Cool your jets, everyone
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 09:45:17 AM »

According to reports in the Dutch media, loosely translated:

Willem-Alexander had prepared his marriage proposal well. The champagne and roses were hidden in the bushes while he went skating with his lover on the pond of Huis ten Bosch. “It was a beautiful Friday afternoon and I thought Máxima must learn to skate, what could be more Dutch than skating?” says the king.

Máxima could of course learn it better from no one than from our king. After all, he skated the Elfstedentocht. After two hours on the ice, the Argentinian was cold and wanted to go in and drink chocolate milk. “I thought: now it really has to happen. So I went to get some champagne and roses," he says.

“I practiced endlessly on what I wanted to say, but in the end the sentence never comes out the way you think in advance. But I said something along the lines of: I'm asking this for the first time in my life and the only time," Willem-Alexander says about his proposal. By the way, he did it in English, because Máxima did not yet speak fluent Dutch. "I didn't want her to say: what!?"

Fortunately, the king did not skate crookedly with his beloved. Máxima said yes wholeheartedly. "Without thinking. I thought I would never find someone who would be so in love with me, and I with him.” A prince in love, roses, champagne and a proposal… it's a wonder the ice hasn't melted under those two.

RED: Huis ten Bosch : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huis_ten_Bosch
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2021, 12:51:31 AM »

Crown Prince Ferdinand of Romania proposed to Princess Marie of Edinburgh at Emperor Wilhelm II's Neues Palais at Potsdam, Germany. Marie's father Prince Alfred had not been consulted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: