Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Danish Royal News  (Read 23325 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 06:41:11 PM »

A "Jubilee Necklace", which was created by Georg Jensen in connection with the marking of the Queen's 50th Anniversary. The heart in the jewelry tells the story of the people's love, the golden beam symbolizes God's help and the unbreakable circle, which frames the jewelry, represents the strength of Denmark. In addition, there are around 50 wheelers on the frame, which symbolize the period of government, and the other beams draw an M for Margrethe.

The jewelry is designed as a miniature theatre scenario with different layers of backgrounds, which is a tribute to the Queen's work in the field of scenography. Behind the jewelry stands Ditte Bjerregaard and Sofie Elkjær Jensen, who earlier this year was named the winners of the design competition, which intended to create Georg Jensensens' next jewelry icon. As part of the marking of the government anniversary on Friday the 14th. January 2022 His Majesty was handed over a special edition of the "Jubilee Jewelry" in Riddersalen in Christian IX's Palace at Amalienborg. The special edition of the jewelry is obsessed with diamonds.

In connection with the sale of the "Jubilee Jewelry," a donation will be given to Dronning Margrethe and Prince Henriks fund, which supports cultural, scientific, and social purposes, in the form of concrete projects. The donation to the fund is Georg Jensen's anniversary gift to the Queen.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 06:44:16 PM »

Why does she always have to act like an idiot?

Yes, the wind blows, Yrma....get a damn hat pin, and stop acting like a teenager.

see, the wind blows - NO PROBLEM HERE Roll Eyes

leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 06:47:08 PM »

Maybe because she is one?!

It would explain her wearing those lovely pearls over THAT neckline.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2022, 06:54:23 PM »

This afternoon, Daisy received representatives from Royal House Staff in the Riddersalen in Christian IX’s Palace at Amalienborg. Hofmarskallen, as it is traditionally, held a speech for the Queen's Birthday, on behalf of Hoffets Ladies and Gentlemen.

The circle of participants was cut as a result of COVID-19.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 07:07:43 PM »

Well, I love that she was wearing her Daisy brooch and had her doggy in her lap. When you get to her age, you are permitted a certain amount of levity.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 08:47:40 PM »

It’s a shame Anne Marie wasn’t there.

Mary’s outfit is awful.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 08:54:55 PM »

Yes, the wind blows, Yrma....get a damn hat pin, and stop acting like a teenager.

I don't even follow Mary that much and I've seen a video of her during a State Visit with WA and Maxima of the Netherlands holding on to her hat in the wind while Maxima walks by unfazed by the gust as her hat stays firmly in place thanks to hatpins....even worse Mary even jokingly asks to borrow one  to which Maxima being Maxima says of course help yourself and bends down to allow her to take one...which she doesn't. My point ... this issue is well known to Mary, as is the solution. She really is that silly.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2022, 09:11:22 PM »

The whole family gathered for a dinner at Amalienborg tonight!

https://www.kongehuset.dk...-af-den-naermeste-familie

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2022, 10:48:37 PM »

I wish Henrik could have attended here. He so would have enjoyed it. Sad

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 11:03:44 PM »

I don't even follow Mary that much and I've seen a video of her during a State Visit with WA and Maxima of the Netherlands holding on to her hat in the wind while Maxima walks by unfazed by the gust as her hat stays firmly in place thanks to hatpins....even worse Mary even jokingly asks to borrow one  to which Maxima being Maxima says of course help yourself and bends down to allow her to take one...which she doesn't. My point ... this issue is well known to Mary, as is the solution. She really is that silly.

This woman is utterly ridiculous...Imelda of Denmark

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 11:22:10 PM »

I am mostly stunned that Mary seemingly isn’t wearing stockings. Bare legs in the weather we had today is nuts.

Also she’s ridiculously overdressed. And stuffed like a sausage.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 11:35:35 PM »

I am mostly stunned that Mary seemingly isn’t wearing stockings. Bare legs in the weather we had today is nuts.
Also she’s ridiculously overdressed. And stuffed like a sausage.

Her outfit, even though it is carefully chosen, looks off. And there is such a stark contrast between her outfit and her behaviour. Their curtsey looks as if they are blown ins, not a couple that has to take over in not too far future.
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2022, 01:12:42 AM »

Watching the clip of the DRF at the grave, it looks like Mary wanted to stand where Margrethe was for her curtsey but she had to step back and stand in line with Frodo. They also pushed forward while Bene was still solemnly paying her respects.

Meanwhile, Jokke and Marie were the picture of grace and elegance. Fred and Mary looked like pushy children in comparison.

Star The body language in that clip Nerves
Poor Marie and Joachim deserve much more support than they are being given. I don't think Benne looked very happy, either. It feels to me as if Marg has consolidated her power and she and the Derfs are smugly cold-shouldering M&J. I've never cared much for Marg but seeing how she's banished her younger son quite resolutely and with no qualms just solidifies my dislike.

Thank you KC and Pede for the  Star, one back to you each!

I honestly noticed these things when trying not to study body language, behaviour etc. The poor people of Denmark, the Faroes and Greenland having Mares one day as the Queen Consort.

The photo of Marie and Mary looking at Margrethe is so revealing: Marie looks genuinely happy to be there and celebrate her mother-in-law's achievement, whilst looking solemn during the wreath laying ceremony, meanwhile Mary looks smug, smug, smug and smug some more for good measure throughout both the ceremony and the photo. If I may say so, Mary's stance at the wreath-laying ceremony looks remarkably callous at closer inspection: she's looking ahead with her nose in the air as though it is a military ceremony rather than the commemoration of the passing of a family member.

I would loved to have been a fly on the wall during that dinner. Did Josie behave despite having no adult next to her? Was Mary shooting evils at her elder daughter for getting on so well with Marie? Did Jokke ignore his sister-in-law in the same, wonderful fashion as he famously side-stepped her once? I love that Bene is sandwiched between Jokke and Felix, with no Derf next to her!
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2022, 01:19:04 AM »

Marie looks lovely and delighted to be there, which I think is wonderful considering her and Joachim's recent situation.  I LOVE her coat!! 

I think Mary could have looked lovely; I get what she was going for and I like the concept but not the execution.  Wear some stockings, lady!  And a smaller pillbox hat - the proportions were way off.  It looked like a nurses cap.

I didn't like the image on the commemorative coin; it looks like a face from a meme that is popular with my students right now. The stamps were cool but I've really soured on her overall.

Very interesting to watch the solemn moment at the monument, and how is Mary not embarrassed to be so pushy and to be so many years into this gig and STILL get it so wrong??  Very graceful curtseys by Marie and Benedikte.

And Bene's brooch looked really cool!  Was it jewelled berries?

Sorry - lots of random disjointed thoughts; it's been a very random and disjointed week for me  Crazy

Mainly any time I get to see Marie and Benedikte, I'm happy!  Smiley
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2022, 04:51:55 AM »

Vincent and Athena should be sitting where Izzy and Felix are sitting so they can be close to adults who can help guide them through dinner.

QM is very lucky that in her old age and widowhood, she is surrounded by this much family. So it's puzzling that she has exiled half the people at this table.
Maybe it's not puzzling because she was a negligent mother and perhaps never valued close family ties. She and Henrik always struck me as self-absorbed and I never saw her as a doting grandmother.

She knows her family will be there for her no matter what. They are obligated to the royal family.

Interesting to see Josie and Athena next to each other. I don't think I've ever seen them interacting together in a playful way. I don't think they are close - unlike the cousins of the NRF or the Dutch royals.

The whole family gathered for a dinner at Amalienborg tonight!

https://www.kongehuset.dk...-af-den-naermeste-familie

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: