Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 Dead In Houston Concert Crush  (Read 1356 times)
GoodGollyMissMolly

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2021, 12:28:40 AM »

Such a Tragedy  Sad

https://www.google.com/am...roworld-festival.amp.html
whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 05:56:01 AM »

I feel for all lives that were lost and those who were witnesses to and injured by the chaos. Didn't something like this happen a few years ago at Astroworld? This totally could have been prevented if people would have learned from past mistakes no less simply listen. That video of that girl begging the videographer, or whomever that was with the camera, to get the concert to stop was so sad. Don't get me started on that one video of that boy being brought to the medics/police by the crowd and travis even seeing it and not stopping

Thumb down
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 09:55:23 AM »

Cry
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 02:24:10 PM »

What horrified me, among other things, is the reports that people ignored those who were in distress - not in a rush to leave the area, but to get closer to the stage. The walked on and over people, looked at and heard people asking for help and did nothing. Scary. Bless those who did help however they could and also those who crowd surfed the injured out.

I remember the Who concert in Cincinnati where 11 people died in the crush to get in - and that sparked the end of festival seating, thank God.

It's a disgrace we had a sort of replay of that event and more young people are dead.

Travis has been in trouble before for inciting the crowd to come to the front - and calling for chaos. There's a reason it's illegal to yell fire in a crowded theater. There is a lot of blame to be shared between the park, the promoters etc. But something needs to change.

The use of drones to spot trouble would be a wise move, among other things.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:18:54 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 07:03:13 PM »

I am gutted that nine year old Ezra Blount died yesterday of injuries received at the Astroworld concert.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 07:25:43 PM »

And hearing about people being jabbed with needles freaks me out. It makes me terrified to go anywhere crowded.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2021, 09:44:04 PM »

I think the needle thing was found to be a fake tumor according to CNN.
My niece was there and she/ her friends got out fine because they left as soon as they saw the pushing start. But she’s still pretty traumatized. The whole thing is so needless and frustrating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: