Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit from Italia. November 16-17, 2021.  (Read 5576 times)
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 09:10:06 PM »

https://www.hola.com/moda...-negro-look-gala-tiara/1/

Mary Rose

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 09:20:48 PM »

Back with a bang.. Im not sure she can beat this in sweden... The dress looks lovely, unfortunately black, but black works nearly best with the sash, I guess its Armani or another Italian brand.. The jewels just amazing, Its great to see her with more then a Tiara, earrings and a bracelet.. BUT one serious Question, What happened to her face??? I was shocked at the previous events when she took of the mask, but this evening it looks even worse.. Its such a shame, she was so pretty.. And now?? At least we have the Jewels..
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 09:43:15 PM »

https://www.casareal.es/E...s_detalle.aspx?data=15093

ReeceT21

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2021, 10:10:53 PM »

Woo! My favorite Spanish tiara and it continues to look incredible on Letizia. And the necklace, brooch and bracelet are fabulous as well.

A lot of Queens reach for the smaller tiaras in their collections when the state visit is from/to a Republic. I love that Letizia pulls out the big guns regardless!

I figured she would wear either this or the big Fleur de Lis tiara in Sweden so I’m guessing she’ll wear “La Buena” later this month.
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2021, 10:22:15 PM »

She used to have nice updo’s. This looks like she scrunched it up to wash her face. (At least in these pics) I’ll be glad when this hair phase passes and the center part with it.
Edited to add more pics. Maybe her hair looks better from the back in person but I’m still over this phase.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 10:29:40 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2021, 12:20:10 AM »

But that TIARA   

Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2021, 12:51:53 AM »

She looks amazing!! 
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2021, 12:56:20 AM »

She used to have nice updo’s. This looks like she scrunched it up to wash her face. (At least in these pics) I’ll be glad when this hair phase passes and the center part with it.
Edited to add more pics. Maybe her hair looks better from the back in person but I’m still over this phase.

How nice of Sheika Mozah to attend this dinner!   

... oh wait, that's Letizia. 

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2021, 01:16:28 AM »

She looks the same to me. I think she looks fabulous in both the day and evening looks. What is that tiara called?   And I want to know her arm workout.  Thumb up
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2021, 01:22:01 AM »

Love the day look, love the evening jewels/tiara!

Is it just me, or is there a brittleness and a hardness to Leti these days?  She just doesn't seem happy or at ease.  It's not just because the mask hides half of her face; there's no real joy or light in her eyes.  Maybe the cosmetic procedures have removed that ability to emote, or maybe she's going through a tough time. 

But the warmth that I've always associated with Leti is and has been missing.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2021, 04:10:49 AM »

Back with a bang.. Im not sure she can beat this in sweden... The dress looks lovely, unfortunately black, but black works nearly best with the sash, I guess its Armani or another Italian brand.. The jewels just amazing, Its great to see her with more then a Tiara, earrings and a bracelet.. BUT one serious Question, What happened to her face??? I was shocked at the previous events when she took of the mask, but this evening it looks even worse.. Its such a shame, she was so pretty.. And now?? At least we have the Jewels..

Yes. Unfortunately black. I just don't think royal women should wear black gowns to official events. It looks too somber and it doesn't stand out. Maybe this dress is pretty, but you can't see the details because of the color. Leti is wearing black in a sea of black. The men are in black tie. The Italian first lady is also in black. Everyone looks elegant, but no one stands out.
QE II understood this. That's why she wears colors for her day outfits. I don't recall her ever wearing a black gown for a state dinner. Usually white or colors. This was for the purpose of standing out because she is queen.

Also, I think big tiaras should be balanced with big gowns. Otherwise, the wearer looks like a lolipop. She should've worn a dress with a wider skirt.

Leti's hair has been blah since the pandemic began. Perhaps she parted ways with her longtime (and amazing) hairdresser. Perhaps she's just trying not to be too showy during these pandemic times. Her hairstyles of late have been very basic. I miss the flair she used to have with her hair: the stylish cuts, the pretty up-do's.

emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2021, 05:28:50 AM »

She looks the same to me. I think she looks fabulous in both the day and evening looks. What is that tiara called?   And I want to know her arm workout.  Thumb up

It is Queen Maria Christina’s Cartier Loop Tiara

http://orderofsplendor.bl...een-maria-christinas.html
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2021, 06:55:49 AM »

I always love Armani's  black dresses, it's one of the best dresses for Leti. But it's a bit too modern for old-time grand jewels.
The 1st thing Leti needs to do is to fix her eyebrows. They are too thick, raised too high, almost comical  Grin. Don't know why she needed brow lift, what an awful job. I know women who were doing botox brow lift, but none of them has 'vertical' brows like hers .
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2021, 09:31:59 AM »

Wearing black as a symbol of status and elegance was customary at the court from Philip II until the arrival of the Bourbons. In Spain, wearing black for evening events is customary and elegant, because it is a color that historically is associated not only with mourning, but also with distinction.

Spanish Royals Host A Dinner For Sergio Martarella In Madrid

https://www.zimbio.com/ph...+Dinner+Sergio+Martarella

Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2021, 11:33:44 AM »

I really want to like this, but it is all a bit too much even although the individual parts are fine.
The dress is beautiful, the arms are superb, but I think they do not suit the sash and the jewels.
Maybe if the first photo I have seen was not the one where the very sober outfit (almost boring) dress of Signora Mattarella was so much a contrast, and I think Leti looked unconfortable. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: