Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Ingrid Alexandras 18th birthday 21.01.2022  (Read 55227 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »

To dagbladet in an article that speculates that Princess Ingrid Alexandra will get Princess Ragnhilds jewels for her 18th birthday the Guri Varpe at the palace says;

- It is a more than hundred-year-old tradition that members of the royal family in their lifetime have been allowed to have the sole use of certain objects / jewelry that belong to His Majesty the King. When the person has passed away, this is returned to His Majesty the King. This happened at the passing of Queen Maud, Crown Princess Märtha and Princess Ragnhild, Mrs. Lorentzen, the head of communications at the Royal Court, Guri Varpe, informs Dagbladet.

There is no further confirmation that Ingrid will have theese jewels, only speculation. It is also said that it is the jewels after Queen Maud that is returned, i.e not those that comes from Princess Ingeborg, which is what Princess Astrid also have said before. The court will not answer if it has been decided that the Princess should inherit a tiara for her 18th birthday. Other speculate a new tiara will be bought or made by a norwegian jewellery designer.

One could wish that the Norwegian royal court would be as open about the jewels as the swedish and danish couterparts and do an exhibition, a book or a TV program, especially whilst Princess Astrid is still alive, who is probably the one who knows the most, but it seems very difficult for them to share anything relating to the jewels. In Denmark there will be a whole exhbition about Magrethes private jewels as soon as covid allows.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 07:16:11 PM »

I just had a birthday very far removed from the one Princess Ingrid Alexandra will have and I found myself thinking about how little I knew about anything when I turned 18. And how much I thought I knew.  I wonder about the princess' visits to the various government offices  to mark this day. What could possibly be inside that 18-year-old's head?

I do hope she gets a cool ``starter'' tiara from her grandparents, but also that she's able to stay out of the limelight for a few more years. If I'd had that much attention focused on me at that age, it would seriously have gone to my head. I made enough stupid mistakes at that age without social media or the rabid press to document and preserve the errors of my ways, thank goodness.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 11:13:34 AM »

She has given her first interview til NRK which will show on friday on her birthday.

In the very short clip released she says she looks forward to more freedom like travelling alone and driving a car ( from one who probabaly is never really alone, always with police😔)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYuThRbIImx/
Col1482

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 05:05:57 PM »

New pictures ahead of her birthday.
https://twitter.com/Majes.../1483468387900661764?s=20
Kemenate

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 09:08:00 PM »

The most beautiful  princess of her generation.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 09:08:34 PM »

Black pantsuit...she certainly dont want a pink lace image....

Parts of the NRK article
https://www.nrk.no/norge/...dra-blir-18-ar-1.15814176

In fact, it is with Princess Ingrid Alexandra for the first time in Norwegian modern royal history that the heir to the throne is number two in the order of succession and not number one on the day he comes of age.

Both Crown Prince Haakon, King Harald and King Olav were already Crown Princes when they came of age.

When King Olav and King Harald came of age, the age of majority was 21 in Norway, while it was 18 when Crown Prince Haakon came of age.

Therefore, the day of authority for them meant that they could act as regent in the king's absence.

All three signed an oath when they came of age.

The oath states: "I promise and swear to rule the Kingdom of Norway in accordance with its constitution and laws, as long as God Almighty and omniscient help me."

Princess Ingrid Alexandra will not sign such an oath on the day she now becomes an adult, but only on the day she becomes crown princess.

The fact that she is now of age will thus not lead to major changes in her royal role.

She will not get an appanage when she now turns 18. For the time being, she will first and foremost be a school student, according to the king

Im sure Sonja is behind getting her an own office at only 18, considering her own struggles to get an office.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 09:13:52 PM »

What were Sonja's struggles to get an office? She was the Crown Princess for many years, after all.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ā Paris - paraphrased)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 09:54:02 PM »

Yes but the all male court  and king Olav did not think she, a woman, needed an office😜 it took years before she got one. Therefor during the renovation of the palace she made sure there was an office for the comming crown princess . She and Martha Louise has told this story several times, she ended in an confrontation with king Olav and asked him if she should just sit in the hallway or something like that, then she got an office at the palace and a secretary.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 10:08:15 PM »

Powerful pic of IA!
Professional yet approachable, simple and elegant.
I wish her a bright future - queen or not queen.
IA and Spain's Leonor are the reasons I would like to see a bit more monarchy - just to see them shine and bring indeed something new in the table.

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2022, 12:19:17 AM »

There will be several upcoming queens that will need to marry guys who will be okay with their positions. It's kind of tough for them. Henrik in Denmark, Daniel in Sweden, Amalia in NL, IA in Norway. Did I miss anyone? Phillip in England. It can be done, but it's challenging. Victoria's Albert, too.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ā Paris - paraphrased)
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 12:25:12 AM »

Eventually Estelle/Sweden and Lenore/Spain will as well.

Edit - that's a good point, Paulina, and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.  Ingrid Alexandra seems to have a solid head on her shoulders, so that's encouraging! 

thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 03:43:37 AM »

These are really lovely pictures of her! She looks so grown up and professional but also youthful and casual. She's one I'm really excited to see grow into her role.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 08:39:46 AM »

a true beauty  Smiley
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2022, 08:49:22 AM »

Nice photos and so far, a sensible, low key approach to I A coming of age. No flamboyance or huge expectations, and keeping enough privacy for her to continue to grow and to figure out who she is

Cool your jets, everyone
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2022, 09:45:56 AM »

This will not be low key, 18th birthday of the future regent is not low key in Norway.
Im certain there wil be more official photos as well, this is probably just a starter  Whistle

Tomorrow NRk will broadcast live from 9.20-14.05 (!!) for her visits to three branches
Live link: https://tv.nrk.no/serie/n...heter/202201/NNFA92012022

On the 21st NRK will again broadcast LIVE when she getts gifts and greetings from the official Norway
Live link: https://tv.nrk.no/serie/n...heter/202201/NNFA41001522

She will meet the following:  The Storting, Norwegian Government, Supreme Court of Norway, Sametinget, the County Governors, the diplomatic corps, the Norwegian Armed Forces, Church of Norway, the Council for Religious  and Life Stance Communities in Norway, the Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities and the City of Oslo.

Her TV interview will air on NRK at 19.40 - 20.55 which will delay the very popular friday evening TV program Champion of Champions Shocked
Link https://tv.nrk.no/program/NNFA31000322

and 22.30 NRK air half an hour interview with her parents looking back at the last 18 years
https://tv.nrk.no/program/NNFA31000122
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: