Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State visit from Spain to Sweden - 24 - 25 November 2021  (Read 10783 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2021, 12:04:09 AM »

I think Legi looks fine. Admittedly I've spent the last 18 months in leggings, but I think she looks fine. As ever, her posture is amazing.

I love the pink coat and the red dress/feathery headpiece.

Cool your jets, everyone
thecrownjewelthief

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2021, 01:03:34 AM »

I love this blue (a little green?) dress on Letizia - what a stunning color. Victoria looks quite nice here and has really looked her best in quite a while on this visit. No fussy or prairie grandma looks to be seen!

I get why CP and Sofia were at a few things like the state dinner, but I see no reason for them to tag along on every single event. They seem superfluous and awkward.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2021, 08:12:28 AM »

My favourite so far was Leti's first dress with the fascinator, or whatever that was, the least ones, so far, are H&M, too princess-y, without sleeves and those boney arms gives me the creep...  Secret That and Sofia's... what was that? It was AWFUL.

She blew the most important event of the trip by wearing a toilet paper dress (completely agree with princess' comment here  Smiley).  Obviously she thought her muscular, zero fat arms were so fabulous, she couldn't stop showing them off at every opportunity. She really needs someone to wake her up. But I doubt it would happen now she is the Queen.

"no bare arms over 35"

actually I didn't like the dress even with the sleeves on Vic's version
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2021, 09:01:28 AM »

I love this blue (a little green?) dress on Letizia - what a stunning color. Victoria looks quite nice here and has really looked her best in quite a while on this visit. No fussy or prairie grandma looks to be seen!

I get why CP and Sofia were at a few things like the state dinner, but I see no reason for them to tag along on every single event. They seem superfluous and awkward.

I'd agree - especially meeting such a small, efficient royal family like the Spanish you just wonder why they are there all the time

Cool your jets, everyone
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2021, 10:22:43 AM »

CP and Sofia were given Spanish orders, thus they were invited to attend the reception hosted by Felipe and Leti.
Emac0914

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2021, 01:05:08 PM »

OMG, someone actually designed that awful brown dress and Sofia wore it?!  It looks like she is ready to shed her snake skin.  Hopefully, we wonít have to see her for a bit now, she has been out in public enough for a few weeks.  CG needs to stop and rein those 2 in, give up that his son and wife are not theCrown Prince couple. 
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2021, 03:12:37 PM »

Leti's chin is still the same, everything is a matter of angle (and I guess that when she wears her hair loose it makes it look like it has changed)

Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »

As per Letizia's supposed "lack of engagement" or "aloofness" during the State visit, I'm guessing pictures can be deceiving. She and Silvia were seen chatting a lot during all the events and she was engaging with a lot of people.

Here a lady from the public called her attention to say that she, like Letizia, was an Asturian, Letizia promptly replied "Hi, how are you?"

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2021, 05:17:51 PM »

Thatís nice to hear about Leti.

Maybe the work sheís had prevents her face from expressions that used to be easy for her.
rentaroyal

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2021, 08:09:09 PM »

Ok, having finally had a chance to see all the photos in one place (I saw the formal dinner portrait where Victoria was in that floral gown elsewhere on the web and knew I needed to come get the scoop here and then life distracted me  ), I think Leti's coat game is pretty on point. I like the red one, even though I don't love it with the pants/boots. I really like the camel colored one with the fur collar, and I love the bubble gum pink one. The leaving coat was the least impressive/interesting.

In terms of dresses, the simpler silhouette dresses look really nice on her without being too harsh - and they flatter her and accentuate the right parts.

The Swedish royal (apologies, don't know them other than Victoria) wearing that brown polka-dotted monstrosity should never have been allowed to wear it. Blech.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2021, 08:29:41 PM »

The orangy-red and beige combo was divine, the other dresses very nice and I only saw a very calm and composed woman, not someone who "hated every minute" or "wanted to be elsewhere".
As to Letizia's lack of language-understanding... I presume, Silvia can speak spanish and thus, the ladies were able to communicate just fine, even if english was more difficult and swedish impossible...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »

The orangy-red and beige combo was divine, the other dresses very nice and I only saw a very calm and composed woman, not someone who "hated every minute" or "wanted to be elsewhere".
As to Letizia's lack of language-understanding... I presume, Silvia can speak spanish and thus, the ladies were able to communicate just fine, even if english was more difficult and swedish impossible...

Doesn't Silvia speak Portuguese because of her Brazilian upbringing ... or have I got that completely wrong?
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2021, 10:05:22 PM »

Doesn't Silvia speak Portuguese because of her Brazilian upbringing ... or have I got that completely wrong?

They both speak English donít they?
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2021, 04:24:12 AM »

If Leti had no English issue in England or Japan, she suddenly had a language issue in Sweden ? I saw her not wearing the proper clothes to keep herself warm enough  the 1st day  Wink.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2021, 08:49:02 AM »

They both speak English donít they?

Letizia certainly does and fluently.  There are several photos deep in talk with Daniel.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 09:01:51 AM by Isabel » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: