Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State visit from Spain to Sweden - 24 - 25 November 2021  (Read 27355 times)
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2021, 09:03:33 PM »

@CasaReal

Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »

It seems Let's dress is from H&M Conscious and Victoria has also worn it.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2021, 09:39:19 PM »

Pretty dress on both ladies

All the ladies tonight look wonderful

Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2021, 09:45:18 PM »

Leti's bracelets are confusing --are they a bunch all on one wrist or a single large bangle?  And that ring --she's been wearing just that one ring all day so far.  Odd.
lula

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2021, 10:14:53 PM »

Casa de S.M. el Rey

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2021, 10:45:49 PM »

It's a nice gesture to wear H&M, but the dress looks cheap for a state dinner, the skirt is good for a garden party  Wink.
I agree she needed an updo or half updo for the hair piece.  Love the cap, the caramel color is beautiful and fashionable this season.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2021, 12:04:22 AM »

Victoria is wearing one of my favourite tiaras --the Fabergé tiara given to her grandmother by Tsar Ferdinand of Bulgaria (IIRC).  Doesn't aunt Margrethe own it now?
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2021, 12:14:24 AM »

So irritates me that CP and Sofia seem to be in the position that should be Vic and Dans in the pic - instead the next Queen of Sweden is shunted down the line next to her parents while CP and the topless model stand next to the visiting sovereigns.
Paige

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2021, 02:03:43 AM »

I like these.  Who can refuse hot chocolate Wink

https://www.hola.com/real...tizia-museo-premio-nobel/

thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2021, 05:12:36 AM »

So irritates me that CP and Sofia seem to be in the position that should be Vic and Dans in the pic - instead the next Queen of Sweden is shunted down the line next to her parents while CP and the topless model stand next to the visiting sovereigns.

I actually think that is the correct order - it usually alternates by precedent side to side, so technically CP and Sofia are in the fourth position. CG and Silvia are at first, with the second rank to their right, third to their left, fourth to the right of the second. The fifth couple in rank would be to the left of Vic and Dan if there was one and so on down the line.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2021, 06:55:10 AM »

It's a nice gesture to wear H&M, but the dress looks cheap for a state dinner, the skirt is good for a garden party  Wink.
I agree she needed an updo or half updo for the hair piece.  Love the cap, the caramel color is beautiful and fashionable this season.

I'm glad Leti paired a huge tiara with a full-skirted gown. The ensemble looks proportional - unlike the tiara/sheath dress she wore for the Italy gala dinner.
I'm also glad the gown isn't black. She stands out a little more with some color. However it's still too dark for my taste. Silvia really has the queen thing down  with the bright purple coat ensemble for day and this luminous full-skirted gown for night. She's very visible.

Yes, H&M is a nice gesture, but I agree it isn't state dinner level, though Victoria has worn H&M gowns many times for formal events including to her brother's wedding. I think Leti could've chosen a high-end Swedish designer.

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2021, 07:04:37 AM »

I don't mind capes if they have a modern, structured design like the one Maxima wore recently. Max's was also a full length cape which suits the cold Scandinavian weather.
Leti's cape is very old fashioned - something Queen Bee would wear. It doesn't match the sleek dress underneath. She should've worn a structured coat. It also seems clear that Leti was cold. The cape is too short and too open and doesn't protect from the cold air. I guess she had to wear a cape because the dress has weird wide sleeves.

dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2021, 07:38:24 AM »

I'm glad Leti paired a huge tiara with a full-skirted gown. The ensemble looks proportional - unlike the tiara/sheath dress she wore for the Italy gala dinner.
I'm also glad the gown isn't black. She stands out a little more with some color. However it's still too dark for my taste. Silvia really has the queen thing down  with the bright purple coat ensemble for day and this luminous full-skirted gown for night. She's very visible.

Yes, H&M is a nice gesture, but I agree it isn't state dinner level, though Victoria has worn H&M gowns many times for formal events including to her brother's wedding. I think Leti could've chosen a high-end Swedish designer.

This H&M dress is OK from far, but the fabric in the closeups is so cheap and ugly, and too light for a winter.  Leti has a much better blue dress she wore in Japan and suits this grand tiara.

https://www.thecourtjewel...dazzling-tokyo-tiara.html

Silvia was clearly the best dressed. Leti surely could learn from Silvia how to dress properly and elegantly for each event.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 07:51:43 AM by dKaren » Logged
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2021, 07:54:05 AM »

This H&M dress is OK from far, but the fabric in the closeups is so cheap and ugly, and too light for a winter.  Leti has a much better blue dress she wore in Japan and suits this grand tiara.

Silvia was clearly the best dressed. Leti surely could learn from Silvia how to dress properly and elegantly for each event.

I thought Leti looked like the “toilet roll dolls” that grandma used to hide the spare roll ...
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:41 AM »

Looking at these older gala pictures of Leti, she looked genuinely happier. She smiled easily. Here in Sweden (or is it lately anywhere?), she looks restrained like she's going through the motions.
https://www.thecourtjewel...ueen-letizias-tiaras.html

I have thought for a while there's something funny going on with her. She used to have more flair. But in the past year, she stopped coloring her hair and opted for a very basic and austere straight hairstyle with a middle part. She doesn't do the pretty updo's and the stylish cuts anymore. She also doesn't smile as much and doesn't look as warm as she used to.

Reminds me of when Caroline cut off her long locks and opted for a severe bob right after Stefano Casiraghi died. She didn't want to look pretty or get attention for her looks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: