Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucas and August Baptism  (Read 20489 times)
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2021, 04:44:02 PM »

It also must be tough seeing your wife's grandmother outlive your own father by at least twenty years. Sad At least it would be hard for me.

I agree - I would struggle with that as well.

I am so sorry to all dishers who have lost family members and close friends. I am fortunate to not have experienced that yet and so I feel for each and every one of you.  Hug

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2021, 06:37:40 PM »

Mike Tindall on Sunday's joint Christening - from The Good, The Bad and The Rugby podcast:

Mike Tindall has said it was 'lovely' to see his son Lucas christened alongside Princess Eugenie's son August Brooksbank over the weekend.

Mike said: 'We had the christening on Sunday, it was lovely. It was a lovely day.

Asked by co-presenter Alex Payne if eight-month-old Lucas had enjoyed the 'dunking', Mike said: 'He did actually. I took him swimming in the morning, I think I readied him for it, he was quite looking forward to it but then the water was coming out...'

The article goes on with some details about George Brooksbank's passing:

The service came just three days after Jack Brooksbank's father, George, died.

It only emerged after the christening that August's paternal grandfather, George Brooksbank, had died just days before.

The Brooksbank family paid tribute to the old Etonian, 72, in a notice placed in Tuesday's Daily Telegraph, saying he 'loved all the good things in life', most of all his family.

The touching note read: 'Brooksbank, George. Died on 18th November. Loved all the good things in life but especially his wife, friends, boys, daughters-in-law and grandchildren. Private family cremation, memorial details to be announced.'

https://www.dailymail.co....nt-royal-christening.html

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2022, 11:43:15 PM »

Eugenie shared this pic on IG. You can faintly see Lucas in the background. Anyone know if August is in the traditional christening gown? I donít think it is.  Thinking

« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:49:44 PM by Aubiette » Logged
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2022, 12:45:41 AM »

Eugenie shared this pic on IG. You can faintly see Lucas in the background. Anyone know if August is in the traditional christening gown? I donít think it is.  Thinking

https://images.app.goo.gl/moAD6GkaE2s5zfq86

I think it is
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2022, 01:20:32 AM »

Eugenie shared this pic on IG. You can faintly see Lucas in the background. Anyone know if August is in the traditional christening gown? I donít think it is.  Thinking

https://images.app.goo.gl/moAD6GkaE2s5zfq86

I think it is

I agree. Those layers of lace on the bodice and shoulder match.

I do love August's chubby little baby hands. Squeee! 

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 01:36:18 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Winston Churchill
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2022, 01:35:09 AM »

The middle photo is Eugenie on her christening day.

Winston Churchill
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2022, 01:54:45 AM »

Doesn't at all surprise me Eugenie would go for the gown - she went for the public wedding and I'm starting to think she is quite bothered by her status and HRH TBH.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2022, 01:58:26 AM »

Doesn't at all surprise me Eugenie would go for the gown - she went for the public wedding and I'm starting to think she is quite bothered by her status and HRH TBH.

...whell apple doesn't fall far form its tree, as they say  Wink

just ask Papa Randy andy

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2022, 02:18:10 AM »

THIS!!!

Personally I find her using the gown to be very disrespectful to Zara.  Not that I think Zara cares one way or another.   Sure August is higher in the LOS but as there's only one gown it would have been nice to see both families chose something else.
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2022, 02:20:06 AM »

THIS!!!

Personally I find her using the gown to be very disrespectful to Zara.  Not that I think Zara cares one way or another.   Sure August is higher in the LOS but as there's only one gown it would have been nice to see both families chose something else.

Did Zara's girls wear the christening gown? Maybe she just didn't care and let Eugenie use it since August is her first baby.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2022, 02:29:19 AM »

Maybe they each wore the gown for their actual christening?

Otherwise I agree, it looks greedy on Eugenieís part.

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2022, 02:35:25 AM »

THIS!!!

Did Zara's girls wear the christening gown? Maybe she just didn't care and let Eugenie use it since August is her first baby.

I couldn’t find any pics of Mia but here is one of Lena.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2022, 02:57:14 AM »

I can imagine Zara not caring TBH, not in a disrespectful way but knowing the girls have worn it and I feel she just has the attitude not to make a fuss. There is every possibility there was a little change in the middle or some other compromise but if one was going to be wearing the "royal gown" I would have guessed it would be Eugenie's son.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2022, 03:00:49 AM »

Sigh.

Well Aubiette beat me to posting the picture.  Smiley Both Tindall girls and Peter's daughters all have worn the gown as have other  grandchildren, be they direct heirs or from Windsor Mountbatten line, Gloucesters or Kents, the only one we really know that has not worn it is the one christened at the Vatican.

I would hazard a guess that either Zara willing gave it up since her girls both wore it, or they shared it. It would not stretch my imagination much to find that HM had Angela Kelly run up two replica gowns (in for a penny in for a pound), or that HM brought the original dress out for this very special occasion.

If there had been any real fuss they simply would have had two separate christenings.

I for one, was happy to see Zara and Eugenie working together on this.

It's next airing will likely be for little Sierra's christening - fingers crossed for the Chapel Royal St. James for that one.

Savannah Phillip's christening:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 03:14:27 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Winston Churchill
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2022, 09:15:03 AM »

It would not stretch my imagination much to find that HM had Angela Kelly run up two replica gowns (in for a penny in for a pound), or that HM brought the original dress out for this very special occasion.

I don't think the original dress is an option at all, it's too fragile. From the look of the photo, Lucas is wearing something else, so either they switched gowns for each christening, or only August wore it.

I don't think it says anything more about Eug other than she wanted her son to wear the family gown. TBF, it's not the original and not the one she wore
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: