Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fugly dresses  (Read 12864 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2022, 03:22:41 PM »

She wore this coat to Germany as a representative of the Netherlands. Sorry, it is extremely difficult to beliee that noone saw this and advised against wearing it. Germany is so incredibly sensitive on that subject, that of course it was perceived as a slight.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2022, 03:28:44 PM »

She wore this coat to Germany as a representative of the Netherlands. Sorry, it is extremely difficult to beliee that noone saw this and advised against wearing it. Germany is so incredibly sensitive on that subject, that of course it was perceived as a slight.

To be honest it's impossible for me to understand how you don't look at that and immediately see that image, so why it was (a) created in the first place and then (b) purchased by Maxima is beyond me, but for nobody in her entourage to look at it and say, "hold up - what the heck??" boggles my mind.

I was afraid of getting too off-topic with this dress, because controversy aside it's hideous.

Thanks for your take on it, Fairy.  When she wore this I wasn't really following her so I'm glad to hear your perspective on how it was actually taken; the article presents it neutrally, and of course the comments whine about people just looking for offense so I wasn't sure how it came across.

I trust she's never worn it again??
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: