Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Swedish Royal News and Events  (Read 70537 times)
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2021, 08:56:11 PM »

News and updates of the Swedish Royal Family in 2022
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 08:57:03 PM »

According to the court website Hakon and MM of Norway will be making a 3 day official visit to Vic and Dan of Sweden in late January 2022.

I believe this visit was originally scheduled for 2020 but was cancelled due to the pandemic, and it follows the visit of Frodo and Mares in years previously too.

The heir couples will spend the first two days in Stockholm, before visiting Göteborg on Day 3.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 09:29:13 AM »

https://www.kungahuset.se...cc5ca17db8150d1a688c.html

The visit has been postponed again due to the pandemic.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 06:47:27 PM »

https://www.expressen.se/...nfor-nya-serien-markligt/

Victoria's feelings ahead of new series: "It feels strange"

Later this year is the premiere of the drama series "Monarki" about the Swedish royal family. The series has been described as a Swedish version of "The Crown". But the Crown Princess is moderately amused.

- I would rather not be portrayed, says Victoria in an interview with Svenska Dagbladet.

Right now, what is described as a Swedish version of "The Crown" is being produced about the Swedish royal family, with the working title "Monarki". The premiere is scheduled for this year and will be broadcast on TV4 and Cmore. When Svenska Dagbladet asks the Crown Princess about her opinion of the series, she sighs lightly.

- Well, for those who are being portrayed it will always feel very strange, so yes it feels that way, she tells the newspaper.

She believes that the task is difficult to tackle - especially when the people being portrayed are still alive.

Does not want to be portrayed
The drama series is written by the author and screenwriter Åsa Lantz. Season one is supposed to consist of six episodes and the series will follow King Carl Gustaf from childhood to his current life as a monarch. The cast has not yet been released.

The Crown Princess does not want to speculate on who might play the role of herself. Ideally, she does not want to be portrayed at all, she says to SvD, and adds with a laugh:

- Maybe I'm on a trip far away during the season.
Clover

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 04:04:29 AM »

Later this year is the premiere of the drama series "Monarki" about the Swedish royal family. The series has been described as a Swedish version of "The Crown". But the Crown Princess is moderately amused.

- I would rather not be portrayed, says Victoria in an interview with Svenska Dagbladet.

Right now, what is described as a Swedish version of "The Crown" is being produced about the Swedish royal family, with the working title "Monarki". The premiere is scheduled for this year and will be broadcast on TV4 and Cmore. When Svenska Dagbladet asks the Crown Princess about her opinion of the series, she sighs lightly.

- Well, for those who are being portrayed it will always feel very strange, so yes it feels that way, she tells the newspaper.

She believes that the task is difficult to tackle - especially when the people being portrayed are still alive.

The drama series is written by the author and screenwriter Åsa Lantz. Season one is supposed to consist of six episodes and the series will follow King Carl Gustaf from childhood to his current life as a monarch. The cast has not yet been released.

The Crown Princess does not want to speculate on who might play the role of herself. Ideally, she does not want to be portrayed at all, she says to SvD, and adds with a laugh:

I hope it shows up on Netflix! I would love to see it.

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 05:07:36 AM »

Me too!!!  (Although hopefully someone will be able to point out fact from fiction, since that's one reason I gave up on The Crown...I just don't know enough to know what's not true!)
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 06:02:41 PM »

Me too!!!  (Although hopefully someone will be able to point out fact from fiction, since that's one reason I gave up on The Crown...I just don't know enough to know what's not true!)

I would definitely watch it.  The King's childhood would be a goldmine for this kind of TV - the joy at his birth, after so many sisters (not that I agree with that); the loss of his father in the air crash; the drama over Bertil's relationship with Lilian ... then later you would have the King meeting Silvia and being able to marry her - a commoner - and Bertil & Lilian's happy ending as well.  Great dramatic stuff there!             

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 08:40:28 PM »

It would be interesting to see how the constitutional changes that happened in the 70s are dramatised. Will they reinforce how reluctant CG qas for Vic to succeed him? If it has any influence like The Crown it could turn public favour against CG and even CP.

I do find it weird that living people are portrayed. I haven't seen The Crown, but I would have preferred for older periods of history to be dramatised, like maybe the Georgians for the UK or the Vasa dynasty for Sweden.
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 03:27:31 PM »

According to Svenska Dagbladet, the King and Queen have tested positive for Covid. Wishing them both a speedy recovery!!
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 05:24:35 PM »

I wonder if the show would show his affairs where he used a young, apparently vulnerable woc who was blamed for everything after the affair became public knowledge Thinking Whistle
ralf103

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 09:00:07 PM »

It would be interesting to see how the constitutional changes that happened in the 70s are dramatised. Will they reinforce how reluctant CG qas for Vic to succeed him? If it has any influence like The Crown it could turn public favour against CG and even CP.

I do find it weird that living people are portrayed. I haven't seen The Crown, but I would have preferred for older periods of history to be dramatised, like maybe the Georgians for the UK or the Vasa dynasty for Sweden.

I think its telling that the most popular (in terms of reception and people being surprised by liking and enjoying it) series of the Crown were the first two which were set at the start of the QEII reign and were about times much older, people now no longer with us and events long forgotten.

I saw on the BBC news that the King & Queen have Covid, hope they are not too ill with it.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 09:06:09 PM »

I wonder if the show would show his affairs where he used a young, apparently vulnerable woc who was blamed for everything after the affair became public knowledge Thinking Whistle

Star His lifestyle has been glossed over so much they must absolutely dread what is going to be portrayed.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 01:57:32 AM »

I don’t know a lot of the Swedish history but I think they’d make for GREAT television drama! Sofia’s addition to the family alone is scandalous, but when you combine CP losing his heir status, CG’s affairs, and more… I hope it’s put on Netflix!

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 08:36:03 AM »

I don’t know a lot of the Swedish history but I think they’d make for GREAT television drama! Sofia’s addition to the family alone is scandalous, but when you combine CP losing his heir status, CG’s affairs, and more… I hope it’s put on Netflix!
I don't think they'll go that far... portraying S for who she is. Probably it would be a washed version, more "family-friendly" (for what family I don't know, the average swedish family, the royal family... ) 

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2022, 09:29:03 PM »

Meeting with the Swedish Olympic Committee and Parasport Sweden

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: