Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFO No More 2021  (Read 2121 times)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2022, 02:10:55 PM »

https://ufonomore.com/blo.../how-much-is-it-all-worth

I don't have any thoughts yet but I thought I'd post this so others can see.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 02:37:54 PM »

Only thing I note so far is that the total for Kate is double what the DM put her total this year at in their article a few days ago.
Gemsheal

Large Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 03:00:43 PM »

I was surprised to see Mary is rather the middle of the list instead of top dog 🐕 in terms of new pieces. 

ďThe spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 03:28:08 PM »

Daily mail with specific breakdown. Big difference. Interesting. I will never believe Royals pay full price though. Catherine Walker is pricey!
I also tend to believe most jewelry pieces are gifts.

https://www.dailymail.co....frugal-amid-Covid-19.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 03:35:48 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 03:33:59 PM »

I was surprised Kate debuted so many new pieces this year... That said, I really wonder what Rania's total would have been. I guess we won't know after her tantrum of a few years back

Cool your jets, everyone
desertrose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 04:05:44 PM »

Does this website also tally how many times royals wore designers from their own countries?
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 04:30:59 PM »

That Riana tantrum was ridiculous.  For Kate, I'm not entirely surprised...I follow Kate's Closet (https://www.katescloset.com.au/) and they were ID-ing a lot of new pieces this year.  DM tries but generally doesn't ID everything worn and tends to lowball price estimates.  Kate did debut one expensive piece of jewelry...the Asprey Diamond Daisey Pendant (£9,975) so if we want to assume that was a gift it would lower things slightly but she'd still be leading by a good margin.  There made have been more but that's the only one that jumped out to me.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 02:07:33 PM »

https://ufonomore.com/blo...-expensive-items-for-2021

For 2021 they did a top 10 most expensive items.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 03:01:53 PM »

Kates attire looked appropriate and spot on all year. I see nothing wrong with it. She stepped up her visibility in a strategic way for her role and dressed the part. She will be queen eventually. She also rewore  older clothes.

I donít get the impression she is a clothes horse or into fashion. She dresses for her part.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 06:10:28 PM »

I do find something hilarious about Maxima, with access to the Dutch jewel vaults, thought "Hmm... I could really do with another diamond pendant"

There were a few new pieces that Kate bought last year which I thought were too similar to what she already owned (the cream lace coat worn to W Abbey and the blue wool coat worn in Scotland) or not ideal for the occasion (a brand new dress for the COP26 reception). She did buy some stunning pieces last year as well, though, and I like the move to long skirts and smart trousers and away from coat dresses)

I mean, do you need to buy this:

when you already have

Cool your jets, everyone
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 06:23:08 PM »

All of those blue items above are bad except for the last one. The first one is ok but I donít like the neckline. That coat with the cape things has to be top 5 of the worst things she ever wore.  Nono I hope she burned it.
Carherine Walker prices listed above are insane and no I donít think Kate paid that but no one should pay that. Itís obscene.
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 06:47:17 PM »

While I did think that DM's £3K estimate for the Katherine Walker coats was low I do think that UFO's £9-13K is too high.  I'm guessing in the £5K ($6K USD) ballpark...very pricey but not as obscene.  They'd still make the top 10 but be further down the list.

I agree with you FC...Max has the Dutch jewels and still goes out and buys a diamond pendant.  Victoria's earrings are along the same line.  Kate's pendant I get as it matches the earrings she debuted in 2020...I'm inclined to believe that that set was a gift as I can believe Kate buying her Kiki collection but not a 17K pair of earring and 10K matching pendant.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 08:22:00 PM »

I've said this before and I still believe that fashion is not all that much fun for most of the royals, including Kate. It takes up so much time and attention plus these women know they are instantly and constantly scrutinized, not only for their appearance, but for the social, economic and political implications of every item in their wardrobe. Frankly, I think Kate would probably prefer to wear jeans and a scruffy sweater most of the time if she she could. Even given the hot and cold running nannies and other household help, I bet she resents the percentage of her time that has to go to being dressed ''just so'' for her ever-increasing list of public appearances.
Paige

Baby Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2022, 03:37:17 AM »

But she only had 69 days worked Whistle Whistle Whistle
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore