Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very boring January  (Read 1569 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2022, 07:43:02 PM »

I always looked forward to January because of photos of the various New Year's events. Seemed like a lot of tiaras and fancy frocks would be trotted out for festive events. But these days I am so sick and tired of seeing the royals in their Covid-mandated masks, doing good in socially distanced fashion. Oh for some bling and fiestas! 

Today is Epiphany, which, alas, in my country, will, alas, now forever be linked with certain unfortunate events in my nation's capitol. Even in the Crescent City (AKA New Orleans) the festivities marking Twelfth Night will necessarily be subdued.  Carnival Season begins not even with a whimper because of our rising Covid statistics.

If you could wear any royal's outfits and/or jewelry seen in public in the last year, what would you choose? For me, it would be that golden gown Kate wore to some film premiere. Of course I'd have to go on starvation rations for a lengthy period of time, but still, that dress was, as we used to say when we were teenagers, fantabulous. 
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:43:25 PM »

Ok not in the last year, but totally would love this tea party go to:
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 01:45:02 AM »

I'll claim dibs on Victoria's floral embroidered ball gown!!  The aquamarine tiara wouldn't actually be my first choice with it, so I'll let Eliza B wear it and I'll "settle" for the Connaught  

Edit:  Fun thread, bumbershoot! Thanks!   Star Can't wait to see what everyone else posts!
jolene

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 03:06:44 AM »

I thought that was Madde?
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 03:12:49 AM »

I thought that was Madde?

Sorry for the confusion...I meant I'd take Victoria's gown she wore for the State Visit with Spain, even though I wasn't a fan of pairing the aquamarine tiara with it!
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 09:27:59 AM »

January was not supposed to be boring in Denmark, what with Daisy grand events planned and all, but as it is now...  Sad well...  Real mad
I guess February's gonna be more or less the same, unless Mary goes for the uproar 

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 11:31:47 AM »

Yep, even the Japanese NY event was tiara-less this year  Cry

I miss Order of Splendor and her yearly round ups and voting. Its 3 years since she went on “hiatus”.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 06:20:53 PM »

Yep, even the Japanese NY event was tiara-less this year  Cry

I miss Order of Splendor and her yearly round ups and voting. Its 3 years since she went on “hiatus”.

I wish Order of Splendor would come back! 

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 06:40:48 PM »

Don't we all miss Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor. And the last time I looked s/he was not updating the ``From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault'' sub section either. That continued onward for quite a while but the last entry was in June, I think.

Me, I just want some royal bling, some ballgowns in the snow, some tiaras at fancy dinners. Maybe they can dismantle some of the lesser tiaras and use them to bedazzle face masks . . . . Damn pandemic!
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 07:11:45 PM »

Don't we all miss Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor. And the last time I looked s/he was not updating the ``From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault'' sub section either. That continued onward for quite a while but the last entry was in June, I think.

Me, I just want some royal bling, some ballgowns in the snow, some tiaras at fancy dinners. Maybe they can dismantle some of the lesser tiaras and use them to bedazzle face masks . . . . Damn pandemic!

I love that idea, and Duchess of Verona would probably love to lend her talents! I wish I could photoshop, it would be fun to do some 'designing'  Grin

I didn't pay much attention to fashion this year, I'm hoping 2022 will be a little less hectic. But at the moment the thought of dressing up in Tatiana Santo Domingo's Valentino wedding dress and the fringe tiara sounds wonderful. We just got over a foot of snow here a few days ago and I'm in a very wintry mood.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2022, 01:09:17 PM »

I always looked forward to January because of photos of the various New Year's events. Seemed like a lot of tiaras and fancy frocks would be trotted out for festive events. But these days I am so sick and tired of seeing the royals in their Covid-mandated masks, doing good in socially distanced fashion. Oh for some bling and fiestas! 

Today is Epiphany, which, alas, in my country, will, alas, now forever be linked with certain unfortunate events in my nation's capitol. Even in the Crescent City (AKA New Orleans) the festivities marking Twelfth Night will necessarily be subdued.  Carnival Season begins not even with a whimper because of our rising Covid statistics.

If you could wear any royal's outfits and/or jewelry seen in public in the last year, what would you choose? For me, it would be that golden gown Kate wore to some film premiere. Of course I'd have to go on starvation rations for a lengthy period of time, but still, that dress was, as we used to say when we were teenagers, fantabulous. 

Nice topic / idea!!!

So many great dresses over time to choose from.

At start I think I would give one of Maxima's Jan Taminiau gowns a try. Also in my case I also would need to starve and such to be in the correct proportions for one of these.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: