Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fugly Jewelry and Accessories  (Read 5389 times)
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2022, 07:33:10 PM »

Bagel chip earrings!!!

I disagree with #3 and #4.

But bagel chips and the little girl earrings however 100% are not cute.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »

Some of QEII's tiara alterations have been pretty fugly too. This is probably my least favourite tiara, full stop

The tiara looks bad because her make up is terrible.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2022, 09:13:26 PM »

There might be some disagreements, but here are some of Kate's earrings I do not like:

I do like the emerald earrings, but I agree on the rest. I find the Alhambra jewelry very aging on young women and hoped when Kate wore it that it was just a loan from her step-mother in law.

While I appreciate the gesture, those cheap earrings she wore yesterday were really junky looking to me.

The aquamarine tiara is definitely fugly. I love aquamarines but those are too large and the emerald cuts are just not attractive. Better to cut them down into smaller stones in a different shape. This one and the sapphire tiara are just clunky looking to me. Which reminds me...

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2022, 09:18:32 PM »

I adore Astrid, but she has a couple of pieces that are bizarre to say the least. Namely her Valkyre wings and alien antennae.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2022, 07:49:18 AM »

I adore Astrid, but she has a couple of pieces that are bizarre to say the least. Namely her Valkyre wings and alien antennae.

I totally forgot about those....  Laughing

It is the Queen Maud of Norway's Aigrette Tiara. Made for and/or firstly owned by Queen Maud of Norway née Princess of the United Kingdom. Crown Princess Märtha of Norway née Princess of Sweden; inherited it from her mother-in-law in 1938 but Queen Maud died while in the United Kingdom and the tiara was put into storage in Windsor Castle and was not retrieved until 1953. Princess Astrid of Norway; inherited from her mother in 1954

http://orderofsplendor.bl...riday-astrids-tiaras.html

https://www.tiara-mania.c...14/03/aigrette-tiara.html

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:56:25 AM by Principessa » Logged
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2022, 10:06:51 AM »

There might be some disagreements, but here are some of Kate's earrings I do not like:

I do like the emerald earrings, but I agree on the rest. I find the Alhambra jewelry very aging on young women and hoped when Kate wore it that it was just a loan from her step-mother in law.

While I appreciate the gesture, those cheap earrings she wore yesterday were really junky looking to me.

The emerald earrings just look so heavy and lumpy to me, even though they must be worth a fortune.

And the Alhambra set was just wrong for Kate's colouring and odd with the gold toned dress she wore in with

Cool your jets, everyone
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2022, 05:17:23 PM »

^They do look heavy and not very graceful, they're not the best design. They'd be much better if the dangly bits were removed and just the emerald and diamond cluster left.

Principessa, thank you for the extra information re Queen Maud's Aigrette Tiara. I'm always reminded of an old TV show "My Favorite Martian" when I see it in the ruby form.

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2022, 06:03:34 PM »

^They do look heavy and not very graceful, they're not the best design. They'd be much better if the dangly bits were removed and just the emerald and diamond cluster left.

Principessa, thank you for the extra information re Queen Maud's Aigrette Tiara. I'm always reminded of an old TV show "My Favorite Martian" when I see it in the ruby form.

I think they do:

Cool your jets, everyone
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2022, 06:06:38 PM »

I like Madeleine, but I do not like this choker. It just doesn't sit right!

Cool your jets, everyone
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2022, 06:11:37 PM »

I think they do:

Oh yes, that's much better. They're beautiful that way. Thank you for digging up the pic!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2022, 10:52:56 PM »

Astrids wobbly bobbly antennae are gorgeous and such great fun. The do not deserve to be in this thread.
Hail to the Astroids...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Emac0914

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2022, 12:35:42 AM »

Astrid’s tiara aren’t quite “fugly” but they sure are funny looking!  Good one with pic from My Favorite Martian.

The Alhambra suite that Kate is pictured in has the most gorgeous colored emeralds, and I’m not usually into emeralds.  The earrings do look much less cumbersome without the heavy dangling portion.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2022, 01:00:55 AM »

Alright, alright, I stand corrected and retract my submittal.
They are actually darling just because of the twinkle in her eye when she wears them.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2022, 02:38:19 PM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2022, 02:57:50 PM »