Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fugly Jewelry and Accessories  (Read 3571 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2022, 08:01:23 PM »

I think the only royal husband who had good taste when it came to Jewelry design was Prince Albert and even then he had a few misses.  The brooch he designed for Victoria's bridesmaids was not one of his finer moments.

https://www.britishmuseum...on/object/H_1978-1002-380
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2022, 08:04:13 PM »

Some of QEII's tiara alterations have been pretty fugly too. This is probably my least favourite tiara, full stop

Cool your jets, everyone
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2022, 08:07:08 PM »

Statement necklaces, esp. beaded one were all the rage in the 2000s. I remember making several myself, and receiving lots others (often selfmade) from friends. We used to attend bead-parties, in which we would share, swop and trade beads and make those necklaces. The bolder the better....
I also really like statement pieces with very plain clothes.
Many of the pieces above are quite nice, but several ladies (looking at you Maxima) go for shocking clothes, and add not one but several statement pieces - in fact making a parure out of a huge striking necklace with huge striking earrings and matching or clashing huge striking bracelets/ and or brooches.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2022, 08:09:24 PM »

I think the only royal husband who had good taste when it came to Jewelry design was Prince Albert and even then he had a few misses.  The brooch he designed for Victoria's bridesmaids was not one of his finer moments.

https://www.britishmuseum...on/object/H_1978-1002-380

True!
On the other hand the orange blossom-tiara Albert designed for Victoria for some wedding anniversary is my absolute favorite piece of jewellery.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2022, 09:00:23 PM »

And Jaime de Marichalar did a great job with Elena.  One reason it's too bad they broke up.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2022, 09:24:08 PM »

Secret There are a few things posted here which I rather like  Secret

But these? I do not like.

Royal ladies - do not let your husbands design jewellery for you

There are some I like, too. Fugly is definitely subjective. St. Patricks Day

I agree that royal husbands, for the most part, should not design jewelry. Case in point: Queen Sonja's Modern Tiara parure (although there are a few pieces/configurations that are okay, but barely).

Fairy, I still put together bead necklaces like that from time to time. I love beads and bead jewelry.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2022, 09:52:53 PM »

THE WAY I GASPED.

There is no way somebody wore these and actually thought they looked nice 😭

Every necklace that has been posted here has been horrible in my opinion, but I've liked a few of the earrings 👀

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2022, 09:53:45 PM »

A few stylish beetles (from Dutch designers Spijkers & Spijkers):

Suddenly reminded of the kids show Beetleborgs...

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2022, 11:51:04 AM »

Statement necklaces, esp. beaded one were all the rage in the 2000s. I remember making several myself, and receiving lots others (often selfmade) from friends. We used to attend bead-parties, in which we would share, swop and trade beads and make those necklaces. The bolder the better....
Many of the pieces above are quite nice, but several ladies (looking at you Maxima) go for shocking clothes, and add not one but several statement pieces - in fact making a parure out of a huge striking necklace with huge striking earrings and matching or clashing huge striking bracelets/ and or brooches.

Completely agree - do I like this statement necklace worn by Max?> Not particularly, but it works well with a relatively toned down outfit:

Whereas a statement pink/orange necklace which looks like a langoustine, worn with a patterned purple dress just looks bizarre

Cool your jets, everyone
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2022, 12:42:28 PM »

Completely agree - do I like this statement necklace worn by Max?> Not particularly, but it works well with a relatively toned down outfit:

Whereas a statement pink/orange necklace which looks like a langoustine, worn with a patterned purple dress just looks bizarre

Max needs better bras and less crazy bling.... just awful
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2022, 05:08:06 PM »

These are all so big that they make my ear lobes twinge

Cool your jets, everyone
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »

Yikes   I had no idea about Max's love of big bugs.  UGH  off the fugly chart into hidious territory.

Marie's engagement ring was the absolute worst! I never notice if she still wears it.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2022, 11:18:33 AM »

I guess I agree with Fairy. Some of the bold items (would) do great with plain / simple clothes. F.e. the bold necklace Max wore with the 1 color dress.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »

Cool your jets, everyone
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2022, 07:01:41 PM »

There might be some disagreements, but here are some of Kate's earrings I do not like:

Cool your jets, everyone
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: