Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Andrew, Duke of York's Legal Troubles  (Read 2788 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 08:43:50 PM »

Jumping  Congratulations Crayola!

Apparently I'm not allowed to change the bearskin hats for hot pink fascinators! This job sucks!

Cool your jets, everyone
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2022, 08:45:08 PM »

As I understand it the HRH cannot be removed without the parliament becoming involved? (Luvcharles?). So it seems a sensible solution, especially atm where there’s a lot more serious things going on politically and the case has not even started yet.

Maria - was this the right place to start the discussion? I've been mostly lurking for years, and didn't want to include this particular drama in the normal boards...

It’s fine  Smiley
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 09:14:00 PM »

I wish HM would strip him of the dukedom and recreate it for Beatrice.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 11:00:27 PM »

Jumping  Congratulations Crayola!

Apparently I'm not allowed to change the bearskin hats for hot pink fascinators! This job sucks!

give it time, Crayola! give it time. I vote for Elsa Schiaparelli  Hot Pink   Champagne

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 12:07:54 AM »

Is there a reason for two threads on Andrew's legal issues?

As for the Queen 'stripping' Andrew of the York title - she can't do that. That is a job for parliament and traditionally the only reason to do so has been after a conviction or absolute proof of treason. As long as Andrew is alive the Duke of York title is his and can't be recreated for anyone else. Even in 1917, the last time any titles were 'deprived' the heirs weren't able to use the titles ... and in fact those heirs still don't use the titles but the titles can't be given to anyone else while there are still living male heirs and the two most obvious ones have at least three generations of living heir as we speak.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:13:08 AM by luvcharles » Logged
minimoos

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 02:53:06 AM »

Is there a reason for two threads on Andrew's legal issues?

As for the Queen 'stripping' Andrew of the York title - she can't do that. That is a job for parliament and traditionally the only reason to do so has been after a conviction or absolute proof of treason. As long as Andrew is alive the Duke of York title is his and can't be recreated for anyone else. Even in 1917, the last time any titles were 'deprived' the heirs weren't able to use the titles ... and in fact those heirs still don't use the titles but the titles can't be given to anyone else while there are still living male heirs and the two most obvious ones have at least three generations of living heir as we speak.

Is there any way the DoY title could go to a female? I think I remember reading that theoretically, it could happen, but won’t.
anneboleyn

Warned
Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 03:08:52 AM »

I don’t think so. Shouldn’t the next Duke of York be Louis?

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2022, 03:33:23 AM »

The current LPs are for Andrew and his heirs male so upon his death the titles go extinct and could be reissued when ever.  Should Andrew enjoy a similar longevity as his parents that won’t happen until the late 2050s so there’s a good chance all of William’s children will be married and have been given any titles already.

There has been a movement over the past decade to change peerages on a parliamentary level to allow for female succession.  Should that occur then Beatrice would be the heiress to Andrew’s titles.

Given the scandal I highly doubt Duke of York will be used anytime soon other than if laws change a Beatrice succeeds to the title.

While Louis is William’s second son Charlotte is above him in succession so if it were available,  and they’d want to use it, I’d rather to go to Charlotte than Louis.  While it is conventional given to a second son it is not required by any law unlike Cornwall and Rothesay which are by law the titles of the monarch’s eldest son and heir.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2022, 03:37:36 AM »

About damn time though it should have happened when he stepped back in November 2019.

He should have told the truth in 2019.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 06:55:48 AM »

From section: The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: The Yorks - News

Maria - may I ask that there be a separate thread for Andrew's legal case so that this thread is kept for news, especially of the girls?

LuvCharles and bumbershoot:  check under Non-Royal Stuff, General Discussions.  There’s a topic for Prince Andrew and his legal case already started.  Maybe it needs to be moved so more people who want to comment and follow will know where it is.
Thinking

There are now 2 sections where this legal matter has current postings:
The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: The Yorks - News
Non Royal Stuff > General Discussion > Topic: Prince Andrew, Duke of York's Legal Troubles

Why is the topic "Prince Andrew, Duke of York's Legal Troubles" in a section for general non-royal discussion? The other topics there are (for example): The Music Thread, Books, Fenton Glassware, Stained Glass Windows, Greetings Cards and other similar non-royal topics. Why mix this sordid subject in with these other topics?

--------------------------------
Maria - Asking for the following changes to keep the the various York  family member news easier to follow and post to.
Thank you in advance for  your consideration of this request.

Can the York daughters, Beatrice & Eugenie, be given their own topic in the section "The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: Princess Beatrice & Princess Eugenie - News" ?

Can the current "York - News" topic be closed and a new topic for only Andrew and Sarah be created moving forward? "The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: The Yorks - Andrew and Sarah - News"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 11:31:41 AM by Maria » Logged

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 07:46:36 AM »

About damn time though it should have happened when he stepped back in November 2019.

He should have told the truth in 2019.

He should have been dealt with by the BRF two years ago when this case had the potential impact to the BRF.  It's a hell of a case involving sex with trafficked minors from a royal who's wife was filmed selling access to the royal family years ago.  Nothing was done then, the BRF closed ranks and protected him - and here we are now. 

The amount of protection from press and country institutions members of this family get it's unreal.
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 08:34:43 AM »

I suspect that they will stop giving dukedoms to younger sons and daughters
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 02:32:15 PM »

And rightly so. The royal families of the future will provide some glam but it will be mainly representation and business and it won't be more than three or four adult people (depending on the age, if there are three or two generations present). The rest of the RF will fend for themselves and most likely start work for a living. Some Dukedoms that are bestowed to them might not be helpful into the "I am like everyone else" world.

I also believe that the times of big manor houses for all the kids of the monarch is a time that will be gone shortly.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 03:51:43 PM »

And rightly so. The royal families of the future will provide some glam but it will be mainly representation and business and it won't be more than three or four adult people (depending on the age, if there are three or two generations present). The rest of the RF will fend for themselves and most likely start work for a living. Some Dukedoms that are bestowed to them might not be helpful into the "I am like everyone else" world.

I also believe that the times of big manor houses for all the kids of the monarch is a time that will be gone shortly.

Imo the title is not the problem, but the person holding it.

Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 05:07:47 PM »

From section: The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: The Yorks - News

Maria - may I ask that there be a separate thread for Andrew's legal case so that this thread is kept for news, especially of the girls?

LuvCharles and bumbershoot:  check under Non-Royal Stuff, General Discussions.  There’s a topic for Prince Andrew and his legal case already started.  Maybe it needs to be moved so more people who want to comment and follow will know where it is.
Thinking

There are now 2 sections where this legal matter has current postings:
The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: The Yorks - News
Non Royal Stuff > General Discussion > Topic: Prince Andrew, Duke of York's Legal Troubles

Why is the topic "Prince Andrew, Duke of York's Legal Troubles" in a section for general non-royal discussion? The other topics there are (for example): The Music Thread, Books, Fenton Glassware, Stained Glass Windows, Greetings Cards and other similar non-royal topics. Why mix this sordid subject in with these other topics?

--------------------------------
Maria - Asking for the following changes to keep the the various York  family member news easier to follow and post to.
Thank you in advance for  your consideration of this request.

Can the York daughters, Beatrice & Eugenie, be given their own topic in the section "The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: Princess Beatrice & Princess Eugenie - News" ?

Can the current "York - News" topic be closed and a new topic for only Andrew and Sarah be created moving forward? "The British Royal Family > Britain > Topic: The Yorks - Andrew and Sarah - News"

There is already a thread for each - do a search or scroll down the page and you'll find them.  Smiley

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: