Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal jewels  (Read 793 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 07:54:48 PM »

I love dragonflies and butterflies, but have to admit they are a rather commonly used (almost over-used) theme.
In a way I have to give it to Maxima for going completely out of the ordinary by branching out into completely new insect territory...if you look at the body of a butterfly it doesn't really look cute, not any cuter really as a moth, or any hairy insect, yet the wings turn it into something magnificent.
I remember back in the old days when I supplemented my meager college-student-income with hosting jobs, I was handed the mink coat of a guest..-and promptly dropped it with a shriek - it had a life-like tarantula-brooch, much like Maxima's, the husband picked up the coat and said with an apologising smile: "It is rather awful, isn't it? I told her to pick the bumblebees"

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 08:05:05 PM »

Wallis the Duchess of Windsor had quite a few animal pieces, including this rather spectacular flamingo.

https://theadventurine.co...windsors-flamingo-brooch/
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 10:06:46 PM »

I'm not so fond of jeweled insects brooches, not to mention wearing a jeweled snake- not for me, thank you! A medium size tiara of flowers and butterflies might be nice, if it was done well. Fairy's right - the butterfly body is reminiscent of the caterpillar it was before.

Personally, I would love to have an enameled pin of a Mourning Cloak butterfly.  

I've always admired Wallis' Big Cat jewels:

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 01:03:21 AM »

Has Kate ever worn that wonderful brooch with the polar bear she was given in Canada?

Also am I making this up or does some royal lady have a pair of earrings that is basically an alligator hanging from/biting the earlobe?  I feel like I may be making that up, but equally, I can visualize them quite well (they're silver!).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 11:15:02 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 11:53:47 AM »

The Peacock tiara of the Luxembourg RF:

Made by Van Cleef & Arpels for Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, using two pendants that had belonged to her mother, Queen Astrid, the Emerald Peacock Tiara was more frequently worn by her as a necklace. The Tiara has been worn by Grand Duchess Maria Theresa, Princess Tessy, and Archduchess Marie Astrid.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2022, 01:45:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: