Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal jewels  (Read 462 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 07:54:48 PM »

I love dragonflies and butterflies, but have to admit they are a rather commonly used (almost over-used) theme.
In a way I have to give it to Maxima for going completely out of the ordinary by branching out into completely new insect territory...if you look at the body of a butterfly it doesn't really look cute, not any cuter really as a moth, or any hairy insect, yet the wings turn it into something magnificent.
I remember back in the old days when I supplemented my meager college-student-income with hosting jobs, I was handed the mink coat of a guest..-and promptly dropped it with a shriek - it had a life-like tarantula-brooch, much like Maxima's, the husband picked up the coat and said with an apologising smile: "It is rather awful, isn't it? I told her to pick the bumblebees"

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 08:05:05 PM »

Wallis the Duchess of Windsor had quite a few animal pieces, including this rather spectacular flamingo.

https://theadventurine.co...windsors-flamingo-brooch/
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 10:06:46 PM »

I'm not so fond of jeweled insects brooches, not to mention wearing a jeweled snake- not for me, thank you! A medium size tiara of flowers and butterflies might be nice, if it was done well. Fairy's right - the butterfly body is reminiscent of the caterpillar it was before.

Personally, I would love to have an enameled pin of a Mourning Cloak butterfly.  

I've always admired Wallis' Big Cat jewels:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.     CS Lewis
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 01:03:21 AM »

Has Kate ever worn that wonderful brooch with the polar bear she was given in Canada?

Also am I making this up or does some royal lady have a pair of earrings that is basically an alligator hanging from/biting the earlobe?  I feel like I may be making that up, but equally, I can visualize them quite well (they're silver!).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 11:15:02 AM »

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 11:53:47 AM »

The Peacock tiara of the Luxembourg RF:

Made by Van Cleef & Arpels for Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte, using two pendants that had belonged to her mother, Queen Astrid, the Emerald Peacock Tiara was more frequently worn by her as a necklace. The Tiara has been worn by Grand Duchess Maria Theresa, Princess Tessy, and Archduchess Marie Astrid.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: