Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Andrew and Sarah  (Read 12720 times)
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2022, 03:17:57 PM »

One more thing....

The Pandora papers made more than clear that the BRF has money in fiscal paradise countries.  Some MPs tried to bring the issue to Parliament and were shot down.  It's impossible right now in Britain to question where the queen has her money invested. 

At least in Spain our judicial system was able to pull the thread, in Britain is impossible. 
Paulina

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2022, 03:53:09 PM »

Excellent points, Isabel.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome Paris - paraphrased)
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2022, 06:16:34 PM »

Makes me wonder if HM secretly approves/approved of the way Andrew and Sarah do things. Like she's fine with it and always was. Or information has been kept from her all this time. It's like there is one standard for everyone else and another one for Andrew. She may well be a mafia boss indeed!

All of this makes me appreciate Phillip more. Man had spine.

I also wondered if HMTQ doesn't see anything wrong with what Andrew has done. The Queen comes from a social circle and background where being told 'no' isn't a way of doing things. Access to commodities have always been instant and 'hushed-up' if necessary, whether it be money, cars, drugs, sadly even people in the ways of sex trafficking and prostitution. For as much as they try to be 'one of us', the royal family and aristocracy are completely out of touch because they are simply never told 'no' nor forced to have a moral compass.

Unlike her daughters-in-law Camilla and Sophie, and to an extend Anne as well, HMTQ has never become patron of causes relating to sex-related crimes. I know once upon a time supporting such causes was 'frowned upon' or seen as taboo...even Kate becoming patron for Action on Addiction was seen as controversial at the time.

I definitlely agree with you, Philip had more backbone, and certainly more awareness of the importance of optics and the image of the BRF.
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2022, 06:41:33 PM »

It is was past the point of laying down the law but if someone is still willing to try I would recommend a forensic accounting to try to workout the extent of he sleezeballness.  Depending on what's found he could be given one of two choices.

1. The BRF will continue to fund his lifestyle through quarterly allowance disbursements with each disbursement contingent on him obeying a strict code of conduct.   He can continue to live in Royal Lodge though I would strongly prefer if he were voluntold to give up the lease and then relocated to say Wood Farm on the Sandingham estate.  No SM, no press, nothing beyond living a life a comfort and financial security completely out of the public eye.

2. His HRH and Prince formally stripped using LPs combined with the world being told that he is no longer permitted to style himself as Duke/Earl/Baron but rather plan old Mr. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.  Being voluntold to give up his lease and any allowance from the sovereign in order to go live abroad.  Basically a life of insecurity and uncertainty that would allow him to be the sleezeball he is.

After Andrew was dealt with Sarah and the girls would be given a come to Jesus moment followed by other members of the royal family as necessary.

Not that any of that would ever happen.  Honestly had Andrew been dealt with when he began making trouble over a decade ago it might have scared off certain other troublemakers.  The BRF is only as strong as it's weakest member so right now their weak AF.

Personally, I think Sarah will never ever change. However, I think Bea and Genie may have been having some come to Jesus moments already via their spouses. The sisters need to remember that they are not merely daughters now, but also wives and mothers whose reputations can devolve onto their own families. T'would be interesting to be a fly on the wall in the Brooksbansk and Mapelli-Mozzi homes. 

Considering that corruption and sleazy deals are all the norm in all political and affluent societies, the only thing that Andrew did...wrong, was getting busted.
I just think that the primary objective in such cases is to keep your head down and ride the wave. If you look at politicians, they do exactly this: lay low for a tad, shake hands with widows and pat a few orphans or refugees on the head and distribute a few spoonfuls of soup
I presume, the royal family thought with Andrew it would be the same...And quite frankly I think it is.
Of course you will always have those who do not "forgive and forget", but the majority is mallable.

Whatever though, I do not believe it will tarnish the Queen's reputation. She is a mother and old as methusalem.
As a mother, I would stand by my child no matter what.
In today's perception of "if you do not speak out publically against it, you are for it" such behaviour is seen as condonation. But honestly, no matter what my child would or could do, they will always be my children.

Thanks fairy, for a reminder that at the heart of it all, HM is also a mother. Wayward child or not.

It also made me think, and while not excusing Andrew in any way, he has not exactly been stealing from widows and orphans. Taking money from unsavory characters, very much so. What favors were asked in return, I would like to know. Money laundering, I'm not sure of.

I'm not sure what lies ahead for the Yorks, only time will tell, but the DM will be there to remind us of past blunders all along the way.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2022, 11:39:17 AM »

So Sarah received an additional 20,000 from business adviser Selman Turk. There are no allegations of wrong doing against Sarah or the Yorks, etc etc, let she who hasn't been randomly given a quarter of a million pounds for unspecified purposes cast the first stone

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60996777

Cool your jets, everyone
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2022, 04:31:52 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/24...langer-ereburger-van-york

Loosely translated as:

Duke of York, Prince Andrew, is no longer an honorary citizen of York

The City Council of the English city of York has unanimously decided to strip the British Prince Andrew of his honorary citizenship. The reason is the allegations of sexual abuse against Queen Elizabeth's second son. Andrew, 62, who can also call himself Duke of York, has held the honorary title of Freedom to the City of York since 1987.

"The honorary citizenship of our great city is bestowed upon people who represent the very best of York," said a city councillor. "It is inappropriate for Prince Andrew to maintain any ties to our city."

Abuse case
The British prince was involved in an abuse case that also involved the now deceased businessman and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Andrew was good friends with him and his business partner Ghislaine Maxwell.

According to the American Virginia Giuffre, the prince sexually assaulted her three times in 2001, when she was 17 years old. The meetings are said to have been arranged by Maxwell. The prince has consistently denied the allegations.

In the lawsuit that Giuffre filed against Andrew, it was settled this year. The prince did not plead guilty, but said in a statement that he "accepted" that the American had suffered. "Both as a victim of abuse and of the public attacks on her."

lost titles
Because of the case, Andrew had to surrender some of his titles in January. He is no longer allowed to call himself a royal highness and he has also lost his military titles. However, the prince is still Duke of York.

According to the BBC, York councilors are calling on him to relinquish that title as well. If he does not do so himself, the government and the royal family must take action, one of them said after the council vote.

The British broadcaster has asked both Prince Andrew and Buckingham Palace for comments, but neither side declined to comment.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2022, 05:56:35 PM »

I saw on  DM, Betty has no intention of taking away his title no matter what!   She'll protect the pervert to the ground, she doesn't care what people think or want.  The people calling for a Republic are cheering her hubris.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2022, 06:11:17 PM »

I saw on  DM, Betty has no intention of taking away his title no matter what!   She'll protect the pervert to the ground, she doesn't care what people think or want.  The people calling for a Republic are cheering her hubris.

No she wont... she granted it and that is it
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2022, 09:23:53 PM »

She cannot take away the title even if she wants to, only parliament can at this point. Same with Sussex title, both are peerages of UK and a change in the law is needed to allow it.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2022, 12:34:41 PM »

I think its bizarre to hold Andrews family responsible for his actions. No doubt hes vile scum, selfish, foolish, arrogant and abusive of his position. There should be consequences because of his actions and there have been. For some reason the FBI choose not to charge him with sexual assault. VG sued him and settled. Demanding he should be treated as if he had been found guilty of a criminal offence and totally ignoring both that there has been consequences for him and the general consequences if society was like that is really grim to me. At least if you want to live in a just society based on the rule of law..
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2022, 02:03:43 PM »

The "assumed innocent" flew by the wayside of social media....
Medival trial by fire has been replaced by trial by media and cancel culture or people.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »

The "assumed innocent" flew by the wayside of social media....
Medival trial by fire has been replaced by trial by media and cancel culture or people.

Indeed. I find it very depressing.

And Andrew is still vile.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2022, 03:42:39 PM »

Sarah and Andrew are both vile. Her wearing never complain never explain on her shoes yesterday was just OTT, particularly since she has frequently opened her mouth and has done plenty of explaining and complaining. The irony is a bit rich.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome Paris - paraphrased)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: