Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News about Andrew and Sarah  (Read 28493 times)
jolene

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: September 22, 2022, 09:22:28 PM »

A funny coincidence... my daughter and I were at Target and she bought this book:
https://www.amazon.com/He...ah-Ferguson/dp/0062976524

I didn't think anything of it and later realized who the author is! I'll have to read it and do a book report for you guys. Does she have a ghost writer or does she really do all the writing?
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2022, 09:44:39 PM »

It would be a PR disaster to have Andrew return in any form. The public wouldn’t stand for it. And rightfully so - who wants a rapist front lines for the monarchy?
He was neither indicted nor convicted of anything. His accuser is herself currently being sued as a procuress by a girl she herself trafficked, it is claimed in the suit.

I feel like we have been down this road before numerous times...
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2022, 09:46:45 PM »

Does the Anglican church recognize divorce? If they were Catholic, they would be still married in the eye of the church.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2022, 09:53:29 PM »

Charles and Camilla didn't have a church wedding for this very reason. Charles was a widow in the Church's eyes but for Camilla Andrew is still alive and therefore they are married.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2022, 09:56:01 PM »

Charles and Camilla didn't have a church wedding for this very reason. Charles was to the Church a widow but for Camilla Andrew is still alive.

I remember - but this would mean that they are still married in the eyes of the church, they only had to renew their civil wedding vows. I think money plays a role there as well - Sarah can't handle it and she clearly learned from her first marriage that it is unwise to stand in the rain.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2022, 09:57:59 PM »

It will be interesting to see what happens now that the queen is gone. Sarah clearly can't afford to operate on her own so Andrew's largesse toward her is not just kind but necessary. All the better if they enjoy the family they create and each other's company. Will they marry again I guess is the new question once again.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2022, 10:08:02 PM »

Now with Andrew mainly gone from the public eye - if they are really that much in love, they can enjoy their family and their two grandkids. Sarah seemed to enjoy the countryside.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2022, 10:23:20 PM »

She and he both enjoyed the countryside and horses when they were young before their hormones took over all their brain functions. They both could use the grounding of simple country life but I think that ship has sailed. I hope they can accept their current circumstances and realize there is no place for him in public life whether that is fair or not. I doubt seriously they will remarry, why should they? Just more legal strings, the status quo has worked for decades now. Good cover for both of them.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2022, 10:25:58 PM »

At least she is not creating so many stupid headlines, she seems to have calmed down, her craving for recognition is not that prevalent as it used to be.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2022, 10:43:18 PM »

It would be a PR disaster to have Andrew return in any form. The public wouldn’t stand for it. And rightfully so - who wants a rapist front lines for the monarchy?

Then why did he pay?
He was neither indicted nor convicted of anything. His accuser is herself currently being sued as a procuress by a girl she herself trafficked, it is claimed in the suit.

Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2022, 12:29:58 AM »

Then why did he pay?

If I understand it he was told that he would embarrass the Queen during the jubilee if he insisted to go to court so the settlement was agreed (but he was still sidelined because they said paying the settlement made  him look guilty anyway ... 'they' I think are what people say are 'grey suits').
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: September 23, 2022, 01:53:02 AM »

Does the Anglican church recognize divorce? If they were Catholic, they would be still married in the eye of the church.

Yes thanks to Henry VIII!
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: September 23, 2022, 12:19:30 PM »

A funny coincidence... my daughter and I were at Target and she bought this book:
https://www.amazon.com/He...ah-Ferguson/dp/0062976524

I didn't think anything of it and later realized who the author is! I'll have to read it and do a book report for you guys. Does she have a ghost writer or does she really do all the writing?

I've read it, and I don't know whether she used a ghost writer but the story is not terrible. I would call it "unfocused," as in the plot changes direction many times, but it is based on a real person so I guess that's life...
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2022, 01:32:32 PM »

Yes thanks to Henry VIII!

Not really to do with Henry VIII as the CoE made it very hard for all  divorcees to remarry in church for many years - hence Charles and Camilla marrying in a registry office and Anne and Tim marrying in the Church of Scotland.
Many clergy began to ease up on the ban provided the new spouse wasn't involved in the break up of the first marriage etc etc - but some still stuck their ground
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2022, 02:11:13 PM »

Charles and Camilla didn't have a church wedding for this very reason. Charles was a widow in the Church's eyes but for Camilla Andrew is still alive and therefore they are married.

Incorrect. The CoE does recognise divorce but won't marry a couple if they played any part in the breakdown of the previous marriage. That decision is left to the individual minister. My minister, now sadly deceased, said he would have had no issue in marrying Charles and Camilla in a CoE service as he believed that both their marriages had broken down before they started their affair.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: