Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Mary's Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 50527 times)
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2022, 09:36:39 PM »

It says in the exhibition if Margrethes jewels «property of princess Marie» just like it says on the turqoise jewels Mary got for her 50th birthday, property of crown princess Mary.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2022, 12:01:53 AM »

Whilst I love Marge's subtle shade by not lending Mares any tiaras (I wouldn't lend her a dime after she "upcycled" the Ruby tiara) it does feel a bit weird that the future Queen consort is having to buy her own jewellery. I admire Mary's initiative for buying her own stuff, but does the DRF have a shortage of jewels in the way the Belgian royal family do, or is Marge just stingy?

A little of both. Denmark doesn't have the biggest collection of crown jewels, and what they do have can only be worn by the Queen. So for example, the Pearl poire is part of this collection and can't be loaned. As said above, two of the most significant (and beautiful) tiaras, most significantly the Khedive, were left to A-M and Bene by Queen Ingrid, so left Denmark. And of course, the Alexandrine was given to Alex as a wedding gift. I personally think this should have been returned when they divorced (if I had heirloom jewellery from my ex-husband's family I couldn't keep it).

Outside those, Marge has really only 3 personal tiaras (if you don't count the awful Naasut or Poppies), and two of them are quite small (especially the turquoise bandeau). Marge has also lent tiaras to her nieces at times - maybe she has offered the smaller ones to Mary, and she has declined?

I think they felt, with Mary having the use of the rubies, plus her wedding tiara, that would be enough. The spinel brings her total to 3 (since the midnight is not hers, but can be loaned when requested). I am surprised she went with the spinel, since she already has the rubies - an aqua or sapphire would have been a better option IMO.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Marge dies, if she will leave her personal property to the Danish Royal Property Trust. There really isn't much need for Athena to have a tiara, unless something new is bought for her? Maybe she will inherit the turquoise? Izzy could get the baden palmette, and Josie the spiky wedding tiara.

I am also not of the camp that says Mary "ruined" the ruby tiara. It has been through a number of changes throughout it's life, with every owner putting their personal spin on it. I would like to see what she does with the floral aigrette, if it ends up with her.

I’m not sure why Marie got such a nice tiara ... even as a loan ... and Mary got the cheap 3rd rate dinkie one. Yes the rubies but they were not a wedding thing. I’d be embarrassed to wear that.... and not a good look for the royals to think that was ok ... Alexandra had a beautiful delicate tiara and wife 2 a more substantial one which apparently will be hers permanently....

Mary got a dinky tiara on her wedding day bought at an auction house because she and Fred behaved like idiots up to the wedding, and even afterwards. Because of Daisy's experience with losing a historic piece after Alexandra's divorce and Mary's behaviour, she didn't want to see another family heirloom go.

With Marie, Daisy had a different feeling and therefore deservedly so, bequeathed the Dagmar Floral tiara to her.

Surely if lessons were learned, Mary would have been loaned something more fitting for her status as the wife of the Crown Prince, on the clear understanding that it was not hers and would remain in the family? As far as I understand it, everyone adored Alexandra at the beginning, and look how that turned out, so regardless of attitudes to Mary and Marie as people, a new “regime”, for want of a better expression, of bestowing tiaras should have been introduced, regardless of the personalities involved.

Bolded: that's right, that's exactly what happened > The Ruby Parure. The parure doesn't belong to Yrma, but to Fred. Queen Ingrid bestowed the whole parure to Fred to be used by his wife, the crown princess. Princess Ingrid of Sweden received the parure from Queen Alexandrine as a wedding gift when she married Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, making her a crown princess. Following that tradition, Yrma should give it to Christin upon his marriage, so his wife (the future crown princess) can use it.

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2022, 02:30:28 AM »

if MEdiana doesn't own the ruby tiara and matching jewellry how come she made so many fugly changes to them Dead

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2022, 04:15:19 AM »

August 18
Attending the official opening of the Odense Flower Festival

NEW Calfskin and Goatskin Brown Strap Sandals by MICHEL VIVIEN = $781

Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2022, 09:16:04 PM »

Whilst I love Marge's subtle shade by not lending Mares any tiaras (I wouldn't lend her a dime after she "upcycled" the Ruby tiara) it does feel a bit weird that the future Queen consort is having to buy her own jewellery. I admire Mary's initiative for buying her own stuff, but does the DRF have a shortage of jewels in the way the Belgian royal family do, or is Marge just stingy?

A little of both. Denmark doesn't have the biggest collection of crown jewels, and what they do have can only be worn by the Queen. So for example, the Pearl poire is part of this collection and can't be loaned. As said above, two of the most significant (and beautiful) tiaras, most significantly the Khedive, were left to A-M and Bene by Queen Ingrid, so left Denmark. And of course, the Alexandrine was given to Alex as a wedding gift. I personally think this should have been returned when they divorced (if I had heirloom jewellery from my ex-husband's family I couldn't keep it).

Outside those, Marge has really only 3 personal tiaras (if you don't count the awful Naasut or Poppies), and two of them are quite small (especially the turquoise bandeau). Marge has also lent tiaras to her nieces at times - maybe she has offered the smaller ones to Mary, and she has declined?

I think they felt, with Mary having the use of the rubies, plus her wedding tiara, that would be enough. The spinel brings her total to 3 (since the midnight is not hers, but can be loaned when requested). I am surprised she went with the spinel, since she already has the rubies - an aqua or sapphire would have been a better option IMO.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Marge dies, if she will leave her personal property to the Danish Royal Property Trust. There really isn't much need for Athena to have a tiara, unless something new is bought for her? Maybe she will inherit the turquoise? Izzy could get the baden palmette, and Josie the spiky wedding tiara.

I am also not of the camp that says Mary "ruined" the ruby tiara. It has been through a number of changes throughout it's life, with every owner putting their personal spin on it. I would like to see what she does with the floral aigrette, if it ends up with her.
I very much hope you are wrong, whatever is left to anyone but Mary and Fred will eventually leave the family, thanks to the last exhibition we now know the aigrette is now in the foundation so that means each queen will have at least 3 tiaras for her own use. Leaving jewels to minor jewels is never a right path, think what happened with most of the jewels Queen Mary left the Kents, Marina sold much to make ends meet or replace diamonds for paste, and then his son was forced to do as much and long gone are the sapphires. What Marge did with both the Alexandrine tiara and the floral Dagmar tiara weren't the wisest choice but in the end... they are hers and she can choose to do what she wants with them, lending them for life would have been better especially since Marie has very little tiara events to attend, especially outside Denmark and they are not rich enough to buy them up again vs what they might get if they sold them in an auction.

I like the rubies before but Mary made sure they suited her not the other way around, and every change could be undone should the need arise. Smiley

I’m not sure why Marie got such a nice tiara ... even as a loan ... and Mary got the cheap 3rd rate dinkie one. Yes the rubies but they were not a wedding thing. I’d be embarrassed to wear that.... and not a good look for the royals to think that was ok ... Alexandra had a beautiful delicate tiara and wife 2 a more substantial one which apparently will be hers permanently....
When Mary married Fred, Jokke and Alex were almost on the path to a divorce, many saw it back then as Marge having learnt her lesson but alas... it was not to be for she did it again with Marie and the floral one.

There has been confirmation through the recent jewels exhibition in Copenhagen that Marie has been gifted the Dagmar floral tiara. Athena will probably wear it one day.

And I'm not expecting Mary to share many items with Marie or even Izzie and Josie once she gets her claws on the royal jewels.  Snare

I'm the opposite, most of her purchases are being done not only to cover most gaps, and provide for a better jewerly options to events, for as we know her wedding tiara is not that flexible after the pearls were added, you can only do so much with the rubies, and as for her new tiara, is a very cheap one, being old diamonds and all. I think she can lend both Isabella and Josephine the bandeau and her wedding tiara, and they could eventually buy something for each rather than giving away their property that, again, there isn't that much to give especially since Ingrid gave away the stars and pearls, a very sad lost, and the worst of all, the Cartier one. Sad
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2022, 07:15:20 AM »

August 23
Visit to Greenland

NEW "Sanna" Hooded Rain Cape by MACKAGE = $456

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2022, 01:08:15 AM »

August 23
Visit to Greenland - Day 1

NEW Modern 70s Flare Jeans by HUGO BOSS = $228.00

NEW cable-knit cashmere jumper (camel melange) by RALPH LAUREN = $498

NEW Inclement Cropped Tassel Boot - Seaweed/Conker by PENELOPE CHILVERS = €395 = $393.88

« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 01:19:12 AM by PeDe » Logged

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2022, 03:18:03 AM »

aww sooo pleased that MEdiana recycled her scraf. I have always liked that scraf. I can't remember from which animal's hair's it is woven...someone else might.

Nothing else is recycled - including her own face.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2022, 08:01:35 AM »

aww sooo pleased that MEdiana recycled her scraf. I have always liked that scraf. I can't remember from which animal's hair's it is woven...someone else might.

G Smiley
Yes, I remember this scarf well...it was probably a gift of her BELOVED grandmother Whistle
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2022, 08:58:43 AM »

G Smiley
Yes, I remember this scarf well...it was probably a gift of her BELOVED grandmother Whistle

no CA, I think she received it from Greenland and it is made from some animal fur from there... Secret she got it just after her wedding...

I love its pattern. I think it is a shawl but MEdiana uses is as a scarf. Crazy

G Smiley

Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2022, 10:36:39 AM »

G Smiley

no CA, I think she received it from Greenland and it is made from some animal fur from there... Secret she got it just after her wedding...

I love its pattern. I think it is a shawl but MEdiana uses is as a scarf. Crazy

G Smiley

At least she kept it which is not something she normally does
Gemsheal

Big Member

United States United States

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2022, 02:24:08 PM »

August 23
Visit to Greenland - Day 1

NEW Modern 70s Flare Jeans by HUGO BOSS = $228.00

NEW cable-knit cashmere jumper (camel melange) by RALPH LAUREN = $498

NEW Inclement Cropped Tassel Boot - Seaweed/Conker by PENELOPE CHILVERS = €395 = $393.88

Only Mary would visit what looks like a very modest community in such expensive garb ... $228 blue jeans bought for the name only!  Along with everything else!

You go, Mary --the gift that keeps on giving  Snare

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2022, 04:02:15 PM »

Is $228 really that expensive for jeans? I thought that was the average price.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2022, 04:30:47 PM »

Is $228 really that expensive for jeans? I thought that was the average price.

For Boss certainly not. I would not buy it for that price.

And what's more...Mary will wear it once and put it back in the closet.
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2022, 08:04:39 PM »

Ugly jeans - maybe is has to do with this wearer.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: