Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máxima - News and events 2022  (Read 31622 times)
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2022, 09:19:23 PM »

Mental problems can hinder academic achievement. Queen Máxima, honorary chair of the MIND Us Foundation, will pay a working visit together with Minister Wiersma focused on pupil and student welfare in secondary and vocational education.
 https://koninklijkhuis.nl...eren--en-studentenwelzijn

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2022, 09:17:14 PM »

Half of the households with registered debts have a breadwinner who is in paid employment. Queen Máxima, Minister Carola Schouten and directors of companies discuss the importance of the financial health of employees #schuldhulpmethoden . https://koninklijkhuis.nl...-werknemers-bedrijfsleven

Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2022, 01:50:29 AM »

Such worthy causes and all I can think is:  god, Maxima desperately needs a new hairstyle. 

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2022, 09:42:24 AM »

Working visit to the reception week of new students

Queen Máxima and Minister Dijkgraaf of Education, Culture and Science visited the activities market of the Reception Week and the Introduction Program for new students in Delft

Queen Máxima and Minister Dijkgraaf visited the activity market at TU Delft Sports and Cultural Center X and spoke with students about performance pressure, stress and loneliness.

Queen Máxima and Minister Dijkgraaf also spoke with various students about initiatives they have set up aimed at mental well-being. Various stakeholders discussed their role and everyone's responsibility to promote the mental health of students.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2022, 09:45:59 AM »

Today, August 29, and tomorrow, Máxima is visiting the Republic of India in her role as the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) and as Honorary President of the G20 Global Partnership for Inclusive Financing (GPFI).
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2022, 10:57:47 AM »

Working visit to the reception week of new students

Queen Máxima and Minister Dijkgraaf of Education, Culture and Science visited the activities market of the Reception Week and the Introduction Program for new students in Delft

Queen Máxima and Minister Dijkgraaf visited the activity market at TU Delft Sports and Cultural Center X and spoke with students about performance pressure, stress and loneliness.

Queen Máxima and Minister Dijkgraaf also spoke with various students about initiatives they have set up aimed at mental well-being. Various stakeholders discussed their role and everyone's responsibility to promote the mental health of students.

And people think Mary is bad ........ Max is the poster girl for ME ME ME and excessive consumption in every sense ... daughter no 2 loves the camera too and they have so much money but try to present a lesser lifestyle
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2022, 11:22:26 AM »

Having changed my opinions on Maxima and WA in recent years I see what you mean. I think Maxima especially gets away with it (for want of a better way or wording it) because of her Latina roots, its perceived as okay because its cultural whereas people don't seem to feel that way about Mary. I also think tbf Maxima does work harder than Mary (it seems) and has a lot more high brow work - with the UN for example. And in many eyes working hard and doing clearly good work at a high brow level masks alots of other things.
TBH I think when Beatrix was still Queen the idea of having a vibrant, loud, out there wife of the heir was quite refreshing for what seemed (to me anyway) quite a staid RF. It brightened it up and made it look down to earth, fun, engaging etc. The problem is, its years later and still the same which gets boring, and I think people expect better from a Queen than they do a Crown Princess. The couple have also made huge miss-steps in too many ways now as well - the breaking of lockdown rules or advice - not once but twice after apparently being "so sorry" the first time, they were shown up for not seemingly doing much during the pandemic either - other RFs really came into their own during these times of national crisis (at the time it was easy to feel this was our generations WW2 in some ways) - the Dutch RF seemingly went to sleep through it while their Belgian neighbours video called their way through it with tiny house plants and children baking for care homes. They are becoming "just another lot of out of touch billionaires"  but the problem is while the other billionaires they like to party with are the same, they are self made not funded by the taxpayers - Maxima's loud clothes and jewels just remind us more and more of that. There is an appearance, IMO, that really they don't care so long as they don't get caught. Their apology for breaking lockdown rules didn't sit right, not least because after saying they'd all returned it turned out actually two of their daughters were still on holiday but that of course wasn't their fault, after all they "couldn't get the government jet" to bring them back. My heart bleeds.

The crux of it, Maxima overshadows her husband and acts more like the main attraction than the King- who is the Head of State. That was a bit cute when they were heirs and he seemed perhaps a little shy and still constrained by "royalty", now its boring as despite her serious work on the side it seems to undermind the King's seriousness in a bit of a "the King is talking but every one is looking at his wife what did he say?" way. I think Covid really showed them up, some would say showed their true characteristics - a bit arrogant, even if laws and rules weren't broken they pushed to the very extreme of "what can we get away but maintain that technically we were still within the rules". It is  bit ironic that a lot of people (myself included) thought it was going to be great to have a King & Queen less business like, more "real" than Beatrix, the problem is less business like with nothing of substance behind it has nothing to stand upon when things get tough. I don't really feel Beatrix ever "chased" popularity in the way Maxima and WA do so people over time saw the substance of what she did, when you chase popularity then fall flat what is left, not much.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2022, 12:13:41 PM »

Having changed my opinions on Maxima and WA in recent years I see what you mean. I think Maxima especially gets away with it (for want of a better way or wording it) because of her Latina roots, its perceived as okay because its cultural whereas people don't seem to feel that way about Mary. I also think tbf Maxima does work harder than Mary (it seems) and has a lot more high brow work - with the UN for example. And in many eyes working hard and doing clearly good work at a high brow level masks alots of other things.
TBH I think when Beatrix was still Queen the idea of having a vibrant, loud, out there wife of the heir was quite refreshing for what seemed (to me anyway) quite a staid RF. It brightened it up and made it look down to earth, fun, engaging etc. The problem is, its years later and still the same which gets boring, and I think people expect better from a Queen than they do a Crown Princess. The couple have also made huge miss-steps in too many ways now as well - the breaking of lockdown rules or advice - not once but twice after apparently being "so sorry" the first time, they were shown up for not seemingly doing much during the pandemic either - other RFs really came into their own during these times of national crisis (at the time it was easy to feel this was our generations WW2 in some ways) - the Dutch RF seemingly went to sleep through it while their Belgian neighbours video called their way through it with tiny house plants and children baking for care homes. They are becoming "just another lot of out of touch billionaires"  but the problem is while the other billionaires they like to party with are the same, they are self made not funded by the taxpayers - Maxima's loud clothes and jewels just remind us more and more of that. There is an appearance, IMO, that really they don't care so long as they don't get caught. Their apology for breaking lockdown rules didn't sit right, not least because after saying they'd all returned it turned out actually two of their daughters were still on holiday but that of course wasn't their fault, after all they "couldn't get the government jet" to bring them back. My heart bleeds.

The crux of it, Maxima overshadows her husband and acts more like the main attraction than the King- who is the Head of State. That was a bit cute when they were heirs and he seemed perhaps a little shy and still constrained by "royalty", now its boring as despite her serious work on the side it seems to undermind the King's seriousness in a bit of a "the King is talking but every one is looking at his wife what did he say?" way. I think Covid really showed them up, some would say showed their true characteristics - a bit arrogant, even if laws and rules weren't broken they pushed to the very extreme of "what can we get away but maintain that technically we were still within the rules". It is  bit ironic that a lot of people (myself included) thought it was going to be great to have a King & Queen less business like, more "real" than Beatrix, the problem is less business like with nothing of substance behind it has nothing to stand upon when things get tough. I don't really feel Beatrix ever "chased" popularity in the way Maxima and WA do so people over time saw the substance of what she did, when you chase popularity then fall flat what is left, not much.

Bea is part of a generation where you never need to do anything other than smiling and waving.... her background is also problematic..... Bilderberg and so much more.... they are just “look the other way” .... denuding the colonies are reap the rewards..... just a very grasping and nasty lot
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2022, 01:20:15 PM »

The website modekoninginmaxima dot nl has been blogging about Max for some 20 yrs. The lady hails from a consevative christian (calvinist) background. A majority of her readers and commenters are staunch royalists, but they too can be very critical about Max' dress sense (or lack thereof), her exuberance, the appropriateness of her attire and/or behaviour.
All in all, the seem to reflect the mood about Max quite well.
Ppl in general have other, bigger worries than her gross overspending or her booty wiggling middle daughter.

As for those covid rules. Yup the Good Belgians (as a people) have always been our much better behaved cousins. We are the boorish ones. We don't do rules. And we do outrage over very specific things. (Like our poor poor heavily subsidized farmers that have to reduce their nitrogen production because they, too, voted for a coalition that tied itself to that cause.)

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2022, 01:31:48 PM »

A good representation of the situation in my opinion
 Thumb up

The head of state in the Netherlands varied quite a bit. Wilhelmina became queen very young and had built up a lot of credit through the actions of her mother, Queen Regent Emma. But as a child of her time, she continued to rule in the old way.

Wilhelmina's only child Juliana wanted to be closer to the people. A kind of mother of the country, often averse to many etiquette things that were still normal before and in those days.

On the other hand, Juliana's eldest daughter, Beatrix, took a different approach. She was known for her businesslike approach to being a queen, quite a strict person. According to people who have dealt with her directly, she had good file knowledge. Also noticeable during her visits and the like.

According to the stories, Beatrix's eldest son, Willem-Alexander, would like to go more in-between. A way that falls between that of his grandmother and that of his mother. Unfortunately for him, reports are coming out that his file knowledge is disappointing. That he often seems barely to unprepared. His wife, Maxima, stood out for her more exuberant demeanor, and her seemingly more thorough knowledge (compared to her hubby). But that has also worn off due to the behavior of both in recent years. My father had been saying for years that he didn't like Maxima that much. In his opinion, she is hiding something or withholding something. And I'm starting to think he's right about that.....
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2022, 01:37:56 PM »

Thumb up

The head of state in the Netherlands varied quite a bit. Wilhelmina became queen very young and had built up a lot of credit through the actions of her mother, Queen Regent Emma. But as a child of her time, she continued to rule in the old way.

Wilhelmina's only child Juliana wanted to be closer to the people. A kind of mother of the country, often averse to many etiquette things that were still normal before and in those days.

On the other hand, Juliana's eldest daughter, Beatrix, took a different approach. She was known for her businesslike approach to being a queen, quite a strict person. According to people who have dealt with her directly, she had good file knowledge. Also noticeable during her visits and the like.

According to the stories, Beatrix's eldest son, Willem-Alexander, would like to go more in-between. A way that falls between that of his grandmother and that of his mother. Unfortunately for him, reports are coming out that his file knowledge is disappointing. That he often seems barely to unprepared. His wife, Maxima, stood out for her more exuberant demeanor, and her seemingly more thorough knowledge (compared to her hubby). But that has also worn off due to the behavior of both in recent years. My father had been saying for years that he didn't like Maxima that much. In his opinion, she is hiding something or withholding something. And I'm starting to think he's right about that.....

Yes she is not happy about questioning of her father and therefore her previous life. He was part of an atrocious regime and as part of that she got a good education and a lot of money.... she got an opportunity to study in the US and the rest followed.... she is not so innocent
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2022, 01:49:52 PM »

My parents were recently quite annoyed by Maxima's attitude during an interview. If I remember correctly, it was an interview in honor of her 50th birthday or something.

It was also asked about the holiday (s) during Corona time. Apparently Maxima reacted a la that she and especially her husband deserved it. The holidays, then, not the criticism (both she and the interviewer didn't really go into the latter). My parents thought that was a ridiculous attitude these days.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2022, 02:35:46 PM »

My parents were recently quite annoyed by Maxima's attitude during an interview. If I remember correctly, it was an interview in honor of her 50th birthday or something.

It was also asked about the holiday (s) during Corona time. Apparently Maxima reacted a la that she and especially her husband deserved it. The holidays, then, not the criticism (both she and the interviewer didn't really go into the latter). My parents thought that was a ridiculous attitude these days.

On what basis do they deserve anything ? They pay for nothing and the State picks up the expenses - they are "on the take" if they want the indolent lives that their money provides then no money from the Netherlands
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2022, 07:39:54 PM »

Thumb up

Yes she is not happy about questioning of her father and therefore her previous life. He was part of an atrocious regime and as part of that she got a good education and a lot of money.... she got an opportunity to study in the US and the rest followed.... she is not so innocent

Well Max is not responsible for the actions of her father.

However yes both her and her family are a huge failure (save for Ariane). But considering their dubios business deals etc. I doubt their will be any consequences.
leatherface

Humongous Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2022, 09:43:08 PM »

what dubious business dealings?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: