Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máxima - News and events 2022  (Read 20058 times)
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2022, 05:01:09 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/achterk...pen-toen-ze-jong-was.html

Loosely translated as:

Máxima regretted impulsive purchases when she was young

Queen Máxima used to make "many mistakes" when it came to money. When she was young, she sometimes bought things that she later regretted.

The Queen told this on Friday morning on radio station FunX in the morning show Start! by DJ Fernando Halman. She was a guest there as part of the eleventh edition of Money Week, which started on March 28. She is honorary chair of the Money Wise platform, which organizes the week.

"I bought a lot of things that made me think: what's the use of that?" said Máxima. "Earrings, or a hairpiece. That didn't work at all, my hair didn't look good. And that while it was quite expensive." She could no longer save that money for a big trip that she wanted to make with her friends. "After that I had to save even harder to achieve that goal. That worked, but I had to fight even more."

Máxima learned from her parents that she had to work for her money herself. "My first part-time job was teaching math to younger children. I've always been good with numbers, I'm a math freak. So that's how I earned my first cents."

Queen Máxima also talked to two young people about money matters in the morning show. She also said her three daughters are "very responsible" with money.

I think this is a good message and very relatable.

She still bought tones of earrings and hair pieces  . She still spent so much money and looked so messy.
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2022, 12:31:11 PM »

I saw a couple of closeup photos of Maxima at Philip's memorial that ran in the Daily  Fail. Wow, was she ever wearing a lot of heavy makeup. Her foundation looked like it had been troweled on and she had quite a bit of eyeliner as well. NOT a good look, in my opinion. Definitely aging.

Yes. Time will do that to us all. I'd personally rather see this than all the botox, plastic faces some other royals have.

I believe Max was (is?) a smoker, which will not help.

This is a video from her visit to Ixta noa, an Appeltje van oranje winner on 12th April.

There are some close ups of Maxima and well, the tell tale smoking signs around the mouth are on display. Still, she’s not(yet) embraced full on surgery and hope she doesn’t. Its probably the 1st time, I have thought she looks old.

https://youtu.be/MQwl0wQkt_g

yup. Cowmilla has the same lines around her mouth for being a smoker too  Crap

G

I don't see lines around Max mouth specially compared to Camilla which lipstick always runs into the lines. 

Maybe Max smoked in the past but not enough to create lines IMO.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2022, 01:22:03 PM »

Wasn't it Max who smoked while sitting next to a baby? I always thought she was a heavy smoker. She looks good IMO but there are lines around her mouth - who knows whether its because of smoking.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2022, 02:25:47 PM »

Wasn't it Max who smoked while sitting next to a baby? I always thought she was a heavy smoker. She looks good IMO but there are lines around her mouth - who knows whether its because of smoking.

Weren't that the picture of the Dutch royals being on holiday in Prague or such early 2000s, with Constantijn and Laurentien having a baby Eloise taken along?
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2022, 04:18:28 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/achterk...pen-toen-ze-jong-was.html

Loosely translated as:

Máxima regretted impulsive purchases when she was young

Queen Máxima used to make "many mistakes" when it came to money. When she was young, she sometimes bought things that she later regretted.

The Queen told this on Friday morning on radio station FunX in the morning show Start! by DJ Fernando Halman. She was a guest there as part of the eleventh edition of Money Week, which started on March 28. She is honorary chair of the Money Wise platform, which organizes the week.

"I bought a lot of things that made me think: what's the use of that?" said Máxima. "Earrings, or a hairpiece. That didn't work at all, my hair didn't look good. And that while it was quite expensive." She could no longer save that money for a big trip that she wanted to make with her friends. "After that I had to save even harder to achieve that goal. That worked, but I had to fight even more."

Máxima learned from her parents that she had to work for her money herself. "My first part-time job was teaching math to younger children. I've always been good with numbers, I'm a math freak. So that's how I earned my first cents."

Queen Máxima also talked to two young people about money matters in the morning show. She also said her three daughters are "very responsible" with money.

I think this is a good message and very relatable.

She still bought tones of earrings and hair pieces  . She still spent so much money and looked so messy.

So this is someone who is just repeating old mistakes.... except this time with the $b her husband has behind him .... she should have kept her mouth closed....shades of California
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2022, 05:33:35 PM »

After being closed to the public for 75 years, the ARTIS-Groote Museum in Amsterdam opens its doors again! Queen Máxima performs the opening of the national monument from 1855, after which she is given a tour. https://koninklijkhuis.nl...roote-museum-in-amsterdam

Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2022, 05:56:20 PM »

After being closed to the public for 75 years, the ARTIS-Groote Museum in Amsterdam opens its doors again! Queen Máxima performs the opening of the national monument from 1855, after which she is given a tour. https://koninklijkhuis.nl...roote-museum-in-amsterdam

That's too much makeup.  Makes her look very hard.

There's also too much jewelry for a daytime event, IMO.   But, that's Maxima.   

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2022, 11:07:55 PM »

ChristinZ
@ChristinsQueens

HM #QueenMaxima attended the work conference "More Music in My Class" at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague.

📸 DPPA // Sipa USA

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2022, 12:36:55 AM »

A museum was closed to the public for 75 years? Was it open to anyone? *bored at work, find rabbit hole now . . ."

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2022, 08:58:12 AM »

A museum was closed to the public for 75 years? Was it open to anyone? *bored at work, find rabbit hole now . . ."

Trying to provide you with some stuff....

A radio fragment of Dutch NPORadio4 about the event:

https://www.nporadio4.nl/...gaat-na-75-jaar-weer-open

Koningin Máxima opent in Amsterdam het Groote Museum van dierentuin Artis. Het museum is gesloten in 1947, omdat het te duur was om open te houden. Nu gaat het museum met een speciaal ontwikkelde tentoonstelling na 75 jaar weer open. Directeur van Artis, Rembrandt Sutorius, vertelt meer.

Loosely translated as:

Queen Máxima opens the Groote Museum of Artis Zoo in Amsterdam. The museum closed in 1947 because it was too expensive to keep open. Now the museum is reopening after 75 years with a specially developed exhibition. Artis director, Rembrandt Sutorius, tells more.

According to a Dutch language site about architecture:

https://architectenweb.nl...uws/artikel.aspx?ID=51837

Loosely translated as:

Artis main building again a museum after 75 years

The Groote Museum, a nationally listed building and part of Amsterdam's Artis zoo, will regain its original function after 75 years. Designed by architectural firm Merk X, the building has undergone a thorough and very successful restoration and renovation.The new museum will open to the public on 12 May with an exhibition designed by Kossmanndejong.

The neoclassical Main Building, as the museum building is also called, was built between 1850 and 1855 after a design by Johannes van Maurik. In addition to the zoo, the Natura Artis Magistra society ('nature is the teacher of art') also wanted a museum to display stuffed animals, skeletons, fossils, rocks and ethnographics. The lower halls of the building served as a club for the members; the high and bright rooms above, with galleries all around, formed the first museum rooms in the Netherlands. In 1947 the Groote Museum had to close due to financial problems.

Now, 75 years later, the museum opens its doors to the public again, with an exhibition according to a contemporary concept, which aims to show the inextricable relationship between people, other animals, plants and other life forms. The Tijgerzaal and the Koningszaal are located on the ground floor of the current Groote Museum, which, as in the past, will be used for meetings. The two rentable reception rooms are located on either side of the roundabout. From this central hall, the historic double staircase leads to the upper floor, where the East and West halls have been redesigned as museum spaces.

Unused and neglected

This first required a thorough restoration and renewal of the building. Parts of the building had been extensively modified over the decades, outbuildings had been built and the west wing, Evelyne Merkx says, had been “disused and neglected for over 65 years” when she started the design process in 2012. The fact that parts of the building had 'solidified in time' made a great impression on her and Merkx wanted to preserve this visible history above all. The design was therefore partly aimed at recovery. For another part, the building had to be made suitable for a contemporary public function, which required a number of structural interventions.

The national monument underwent – ​​literally and figuratively – a major cleaning. For example, outbuildings of a later date have been demolished and missing parts have been reconstructed. The Groote Museum is now free again on the Plantage Middenlaan, a situation that is enhanced by a new public square on the side of the zoo. The square, including a new fountain and conservatory, was designed by landscape architect Michael van Gessel. Brand X has reopened or brought back the six large doors on the square.

The building has also been cleaned in a literal sense. Walls around the butterfly staircase still showed the old paintwork; just like the walls and the display cases in the museum rooms. This has not been painted over, but cleaned with special soap, Merkx says. As a result, the walls and woodwork show a mottled patina, which goes wonderfully well with the sleek and clear design that dominates the ground floor and the basement in particular. The historic atmosphere has also been preserved because the authentic wooden floors have been preserved and the badly damaged butterfly staircase in the roundabout has been restored; the double staircase has also been made suitable for the expected visitor numbers.

Steel table

The building as Merkx found it was, in her words, “very fragile” and in no way met the current standards and requirements for a public museum function. “There were insufficient escape routes, the floors could not support large numbers of visitors and there was no space for coats, bags and puddles,” she explains.

Merkx certainly did not want to sacrifice space in the roundabout or the Tijgerzaal for toilets and wardrobe; she proposed to create a new and spacious entrance area under the Tijgerzaal. Initially this seemed technically unfeasible, but it was possible to place the entire building on a steel table first. “It was equally exciting. We were afraid that cracks would appear between the roundabout and the west wing, because they were not built simultaneously at the time," Merkx says. "It went well."

Discreet reinforcement

After the foundation repair in combination with the realization of the entrance area in a new basement, the roof and facade were tackled. On the Plantage Middenlaan side, the facade had become flat due to the installation of secondary windows. Brand X has reduced the recessed window openings by placing an extra window in the interior. These are placed in the reveal with slender rebates and jump slightly forward; because these windows can also be opened, they create a kind of display case. It is an example of the modest, barely noticeable way in which Merk X has introduced innovations.

Other interventions with a view to the new museum function, such as a structural reinforcement of the exhibition rooms and their galleries, have been incorporated as invisibly as possible. Innovations for lighting, climate control and safety, for example, are also unequivocal. Throughout the building, the railings of stairs and balustrades were too low by modern standards (and often not strong enough), so that Merk X opted to add a new railing where necessary. “It is placed cantilevered above the original one, so that you don't reach for the old railings as a matter of course,” Merkx explains. The glass of the historic showcases is invisibly reinforced with an extra layer, clamped with narrow slats.

New elements

Where new functions have been introduced, Brand X has made them instantly recognizable through their materialization and finish. New elements have been added in both museum rooms, again in a restrained visual language. The Westzaal, which was untouched for about 75 years and therefore still most authentic, is mainly used as an exhibition space; this is equipped with an extra staircase to the gallery. The Oostzaal, which has suffered the most from previous renovations, has a grandstand staircase to facilitate public meetings and also to remove technical facilities. Both elements also offer escape routes in the event of calamities.

The galleries are interconnected with a new bridge through the central hall; the walking route has been further improved on this elevated level with a bridge above the entrance to the Oostzaal. That was not allowed in the West Hall.

The new cellar space houses the reception and a small museum shop, information facilities, lockers, a cloakroom and toilets. Facilities for the organization are also housed here. The spaces are mainly bright white, complemented by light wood; the terrazzo floor and partition walls feature abstracted nature motifs, designed by Evelyne Merkx. She has not only considered major structural and restorative assignments, but also details and 'specials'. This also includes the design of the light object with glass tree fruits in the void of the entrance and the cloud-like light sculpture in the central hall. The former gas lamps in the reception rooms have been restored and enlarged to a design by Merkx.

Exhibition concept

The historic, restored and renovated museum rooms once again offer space for an exhibition. However, the current museum concept is completely different from that of the former Groote Museum. At the time, the museum interior, with systematically arranged collections in display cases, expressed the 19th-century idea that one could create an overview and thus a grip on the world. It also showed man looking at nature as something separate from him. Initiator and artistic director of the new Groote Museum – and former director of Artis – Haig Balian wants to show how everything in nature is connected and that humans are part of it. In an associative and interactive way, the current exhibition tries to break through obviousness and patterns of expectation and to make visitors look (and smell, taste and feel) again.

How do you fit a contemporary exhibition into a building from a completely different time, was the question that Michel de Vaan van Kossmanndejong asked himself. On the one hand, the office has tried to show how visitors used to look at nature in display cases – while also giving the beautiful historic wall furniture itself attention. At the same time, Kossmanndejong wanted to break through this way of viewing, to show the connections between the various themes presented and to make it tangible that man is part of nature. The display cases are therefore partly closed and partly open, with the objects sometimes leaving the display case – such as a parade of skeletons. Presentation furniture has also been placed transversely on the walls with showcases, thus breaking into the longitudinal axis of the exhibition rooms, which has been largely left empty.

Integral and interactive

Many scientists and artists are involved in creating the content for the exhibition – although that word may sound too old-fashioned in this case. It fits in with the original ideas of Natura Artis Magistra, but certainly also with the current idea that we cannot view world problems – such as climate change, declining biodiversity, food supply and water problems – separately, but should approach them as coherently. Also in the arrangement in the Groote Museum, art and science, objects and interactive installations, films and graphic representations form an integral whole.

It is a lot and full: in ideas and information, but also spatially, so that the Westzaal in particular is very busy and full. Fortunately, you can occasionally look outside. For Kossmanndejong, the windows and incoming daylight took some getting used to, because an 'immersive exhibition' works best when the visitor is completely taken into the world presented, without distraction. In this case it is nice to see that this inside is actually connected with that outside: the people, the animals, the trees, life along the Plantage Middenlaan and in Artis.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 09:07:43 AM by Principessa » Logged
Isabel

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2022, 01:18:23 PM »

Love the museum, looks like a fab place to visit.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2022, 01:51:43 PM »

ChristinZ
@ChristinsQueens

HM #QueenMaxima attended the opening of The Jeroen Pit House in Amsterdam. Children’s transitional care unit in Amsterdam.

BACKGRID USA & DPPA via TT

https://www.isp-integraci...he-jeroen-pit-house-opens
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2022, 02:29:26 PM »

So Max in very expensive jewels and a floaty garden party dress - really relevant indeed
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2022, 04:40:38 PM »

The Jeroen Pit House offers a new form of care to chronically seriously ill children and their families. Queen Máxima opens the house that serves as a bridge between hospital and going home so that this transition becomes easier, safer and more sustainable.
 https://koninklijkhuis.nl...opent-het-jeroen-pit-huis

Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2022, 07:49:03 PM »

Love the museum, looks like a fab place to visit.

It sure does. Should I ever find myself traveling in Europe again, I'll definitely visit this museum. I have a new from from NL, so could ask her. Thank you Principessa!

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: