Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Máxima - News and events 2022  (Read 52558 times)
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: January 25, 2023, 01:55:01 PM »

It's the same dog as in the Christmas card, but with less hair ;-)

Amalia may or may not be studying in Amsterdam, but she seems to be getting the freshman 15 regardless. Could be caused by stress, and having an overbearing mother, and being in the limelight, or in order to assert some sort of control (not unlike Victoria of Sweden did around that age). She'll grow out of it, I expect.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: January 25, 2023, 02:12:56 PM »

They have a dog with them. Would you take your pooch all the way to Madrid for shopping? Maybe A is planning on studying there for a while and Max is settling her in? My pooch would have been left at home though

Well they would.... just really unacceptable and unattractive
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: January 25, 2023, 04:46:58 PM »

They are still not aware that they should work at the image: Also Amalia - I know we should give her some time to develop, but seriously, in that attire she would not convince one of her contemporaries that a monarchie is needed.

About Max: Even if it wasn't Max - that ridiculous combination of the casual hat and the more formal dress (in bright colours) looks absolutely ridiculous.

About Amalia: Her contemporaries all seem to be doing useful things:
Leonor - studies in Wales
Elizabeth - studies in Oxford, takes military classes in summer and does the occasional engagement (and looks lovely and professionalwhen doing it)
IA - still at school, but does the occasional engagement (and looks lovely and professional as well)
Estelle - still at school, but looks lovely and professional when doing the odd engagement
[...]
We could continue that list.

It is absolute insane (PR wise) that a girl that can't study in the Netherlands because it is too dangerous can walk around Madrid with a real expensive bag (Amalia, a lot of your contempoaries work to make ends meet to get through college!) and designer clothes that makes her look real baggy)

Why is she not in college/ university? Why does she have to be seen public in that attire? Can the three As do anything productive and useful or is partying in Wales and tilting their heads and shopping what they do?
katymc2

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2023, 05:10:32 PM »

They have a dog with them. Would you take your pooch all the way to Madrid for shopping? Maybe A is planning on studying there for a while and Max is settling her in? My pooch would have been left at home though

I think they took it to Argentina for xmas too!

The weird dressing continues on private visits. I mean it feels like attention seeking when sure they don’t want it.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2023, 06:14:32 PM »

This seems tremendously tone deaf, even by their recent standards. Design gear and taking your dog on a shopping holiday, mid week in January? Yikes. Out of touch, much?

I feel for Amelia, the university experience and threats were horrible, but there doesn't seem much of a plan for what she does next. There are loads of old school, or smaller, or private universities she could attend if she wants to study, and she would have some time out of the limelight. A lot of US and UK universities are very good at providing security for high profile students.

Also considering how many properties this family owns, deciding to have a mother-daughter heart to heart sat outside a restaurant in the middle of Madrid is just weird and attention seeking.

Cool your jets, everyone
Nappyolean

Warned
Medium Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2023, 06:28:13 PM »

Amalia outfit looks like a nurse outfit at a doctors office. Down to the dirty tennis shoes.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2023, 06:51:38 PM »

TBH I am sure there would have been a way that Amalia could have continued her studies - even if she studied remotely (they could have surely streamed lectures for her). But it is amazing - all the other royal kids manage to study at a university, just for her it seems to be a problem.

This scene just screams "entitled". It would be nice to see these A girls doing something useful and age appropriate (hint: running through Madrid with a dog in designer clothes isn't): charity work, sport, serious studies ....
Pulsatilla

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2023, 06:59:50 PM »

They are still not aware that they should work at the image: Also Amalia - I know we should give her some time to develop, but seriously, in that attire she would not convince one of her contemporaries that a monarchie is needed.

About Max: Even if it wasn't Max - that ridiculous combination of the casual hat and the more formal dress (in bright colours) looks absolutely ridiculous.

Elizabeth - studies in Oxford, takes military classes in summer and does the occasional engagement (and looks lovely and professionalwhen doing it)
IA - still at school, but does the occasional engagement (and looks lovely and professional as well)
Estelle - still at school, but looks lovely and professional when doing the odd engagement
[...]

It is absolute insane (PR wise) that a girl that can't study in the Netherlands because it is too dangerous can walk around Madrid with a real expensive bag (Amalia, a lot of your contempoaries work to make ends meet to get through college!) and designer clothes that makes her look real baggy)

Why is she not in college/ university? Why does she have to be seen public in that attire? Can the three As do anything productive and useful or is partying in Wales and tilting their heads and shopping what they do?

Don't forget that Leonor also does engagements during her holidays .

Amalia is the least prepared of the three young heiresses (Belgium,  Spain,  NL). Ingrid Alexandra is just the heir's heiress and already seems far ahead of her.  Amalia even took a gap year and nobody knows what she was doing then apart from lazing around and parties.  And now she doesn’t seem to take her studies very seriously, the mafia threat isn't an excuse for not attending university.  Of course it is not unusual for a young person to prefer la dolce vita to serious work, but that is exactly where her parents should intervene.  Why do they take her to disguised holidays to the Caribbean (during university term) while we still have to see her at a serious event in the core Netherlands?  Elisabeth of Belgium went to meet fire fighters together with her father when she was only 17. WA and Maxima are doing a lousy job when it comes to prepare the heiress.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 07:09:22 PM by Pulsatilla » Logged
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2023, 09:23:09 PM »

I don't get it - their approval rate was declining fast - these girls are not helping the situation at all.

Amalia so far was the best - but at very low standards. All the other heiresses and heirs (including little George) seem to work harder. I think it was just an excuse because she dropped out of college - like you said: she has just been in the Carribean, now another holiday in Spain? Why?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2023, 09:27:48 PM »

I don't get it - their approval rate was declining fast - these girls are not helping the situation at all.

Amalia so far was the best - but at very low standards. All the other heiresses and heirs (including little George) seem to work harder. I think it was just an excuse because she dropped out of college - like you said: she has just been in the Carribean, now another holiday in Spain? Why?

The thing the time of revolutions is also over and they know it.

Even if the approval rate drops to -100 they won't change anything, simply because they don't need to.

The people are still forced to finance their life and nobody expects them to enter the palaces with axes (not that I condemn this).
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2023, 09:38:21 PM »

Well, most countries live in a democracy and it just needs a party to put on the programme that they will turn into a republic. As a matter of fact the monarchie is highly undemocratic. Especially in England I have the impression that the nation has the royal family as a kind of real life soap opera at times. And the Queen did a wonderful job - for decades. The escapades of her decendents filled millions of tabloids pages ....

I think it is easier if you have a royal family like Belgium: Everyone is pleasant, nice, not too extravagant, the kids seem to turn out okay and Phil could also be a president. He works rather hard, is modest in his appearance (so is Mathilde) - I could imagine that people are just not questioning the "running system". Whereas in the Netherlands, ...
Pomme

Gigantic Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2023, 10:01:10 PM »

Our university terms/semesters/trimesters are organised differently across the various studies/subjects/degrees, even within a single university. For all we know A. could have a week without lectures, or a week off after a bunch of tests (these are usually clustered).

The whole point of her getting a Dutch (university) education is because her classes/courses will be useful for her future role. She has the brains and the work ethic to pursue 2 degrees - given her results in secondary education. For all we know she might be attending lectures and classes in person or remotely.

Dutch university students have (or take) plenty of time to travel during the school year. January for example is the month that they go on cheap package skiing holidays in droves. And airtravel to European cities is still embarrassingly cheap.

We, too, suffer high inflation , high energy prices etc but as a whole, the country hasn't stopped spending on luxuries like travelling abroad, and fireworks (110 million euros on a population of 18 million) . There will be little public outrage over this trip, or the previous, or the other zillion trips.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Gemsheal

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: January 25, 2023, 10:05:10 PM »

Máxima and Amalia shopping in Madrid... it's their second visit to Spain in a month.

https://www.hola.com/real...ia-visita-secreta-madrid/

[img]http://images.hola.com/images/027d-1726d6040c3d-e2

They both look terrible, aside from the "shopping in Spain" aspect.  I can almost forgive Amalia, who's lived a rarified life, with her little purebred dog & expensive handbag ... but really, should Máxima's millions have warped her brain THAT much.  I guess so!

“Nothing is impossible - the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’”

~ Audrey Hepburn
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2023, 10:50:28 PM »

[...]

If Amalia needs to pause her studies or her other obligations - I totally get it.
When I entered uni, I was shocked for a million reasons and as years pass by I realise I was depressed (and maybe still not completely over it) and I didn't know why, I didn't know why I couldn't get out of my bed or why I could remain unbathed for days. Above all these, I had the lessons running, missing lectures, missing going out with new friends...
If she needs some time off, she has to take some time off.
I only wish her well and the comparison with other (crown) princesses is not necessary at this point IMO.

VanillaMoomin

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2023, 10:56:26 PM »

I can understand Amalia wanting to wear an obviously designer bag out shopping as I can’t imagine that many of the designers Maxima loves to wear carry anything in Amalia’s size, and I know how much it takes to not be made miserable by that kind of exclusion. I definitely noticed that her super flattering green gown, the one she wore at least twice for high profile occasions last year, was from ASOS rather than some chic boutique. Fashion is notoriously cruel to the plus sized, and sometimes plus sized shopping is less about “what do I want to wear?” than “is there anything here that will fit on my body? And if so can I bear to wear it?”. Amalia doesn’t look like she’s having any fun at all.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: