Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princely Family of Liechtenstein  (Read 62302 times)
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2008, 03:28:59 AM »

I like this guy and I like this family. Go Alois!

Liechtenstein applauds prince's defiant stand against Germany
http://www.iht.com/articl...02/business/rtrspot03.php

"It's all about leading a boring life," he told Switzerland's SonntagsBlick newspaper last year, explaining how he stayed out of the tabloid media.

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 03:41:15 AM »

Prince Max is married to the former Angela Brown, a Panamian-American.

Princely House won’t put its legacy issues in order
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0...dc-8365-0000779fd2ac.html

Underlining the confluence of interests, Prince Max of Liechtenstein is the bank’s chief executive, having taken over two years ago from Prince Philipp, his uncle. The latter is the younger brother of Hans-Adam II, the principality’s sovereign.
Max, at 38, is a charming fellow and more charismatic than Alois, his elder brother, who in 2004 became acting head of state in preparation for the formal takeover from Hans-Adam II, his father. He knows a thing or two about finance, with an MBA from Harvard and a career in finance, latterly in private equity at JPMorgan in Germany.

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:43:28 AM »

A nice video of them from their official site:

http://www.liechtenstein....l-fueh-streamingvideo.htm

Macaw
Banned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 08:34:16 AM »

No - they collude in billionaires not paying tax and therefore in the rest of us paying through the nose or missing out on essential services.

The EU is going after Liechand Monaco with a vengeance now.  The Liech citizen who sang like a canary and received 4 million from the German secret police is now living under an assumed name in Australia. 
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:18:37 AM »

Still the family's cool.  My favorite members are the Hereditary Prince Alois and his wife and Prince Maximilien and his wife Princess Angela.

Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 05:08:27 AM »

US deal vital for banks, Liechtenstein prince says
http://royalandco.wordpre...iechtenstein-prince-says/
A landmark deal signed with Washington this week will allow Liechtenstein banks to prosper by accessing U.S. financial markets even if it ends bank secrecy for tax evasion, Prince Max of Liechtenstein said.

michelle j

Gigantic Member

United States United States

You should be jealous, you ugly fat fraus.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:23:05 AM »

Liechtenstein's heir backs radical new tax plans
Tall, dweeby, and the heir to a throne, Prince Maximillian is an unlikely player in the arduous task of British tax collection. Yet the Prince of Liechtenstein has become part of an ambitious plan to collect millions of pounds in undeclared taxes from foreign bank accounts.

Two weeks ago, Liechtenstein, once a byword for off-shore tax evasion, passed radical laws that, in conjunction with HM Revenue & Customs, are designed to extract every penny of tax owed to Britain from its opaque bank accounts.

Under the rules, which will come into force in September, every bank account in Liechtenstein will be subject to a mandatory tax audit. Clients will have to pay their taxes, taking advantage of a specially designed amnesty package with the HMRC, or take their money out of the state.

But rather than triggering a rush for the borders, the tiny European state has in recent weeks become a magnet for British tax avoiders – not to hide their cash, but to pay up.

HMRC says it expects to extract as much as £1bn from existing accounts in Liechtenstein. But British tax avoiders from other jurisdictions are piling into Liechtenstein to take advantage of the unique amnesty under which just 10 years of tax is payable, rather than the usual 20 years.

They can also remain anonymous.

In a rare interview, Prince Max, who is also chief executive of Liechtenstein's biggest bank, the LGT Group, told The Sunday Telegraph: "For those who have wanted to use off-shore tax havens for tax evasion, the risks have dramatically increased. Forty years ago, the risks were low. With surveillance and intelligence, the risks are now very high.

"People from other countries, like Switzerland, are grasping the nettle and coming to take advantage of the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility to come clean, too."
A spokesman for HMRC said: "Before the Liechtenstein agreement, many people had assumed that the use of tax havens to get around the law was a problem that could simply never be cracked.
"The enlightened approach taken by the Liechtenstein government has proven the cynics wrong."
The positive relationship was unimaginable a few years ago.

In 2002, Liechtenstein, which manages assets of around CHF160bn (£100bn), was branded an "un-cooperative tax haven" by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), but its attraction to tax avoiders started long before.

Prince Max says Liechtenstein made its name "between the Wars" when his grandfather set up a discreet banking system that, he says, has "literally been in place without significant changes until about 2009".
He says the system has been no secret. "[Western governments] have all known that undeclared money was off-shore for 30 years. Why the change of gears in 08/09? The context was the global financial crisis and states realising they need more money.

"They looked to off-shore money as an opportunity to bring taxpayers' non-declared money to declaration. The US and the leading political forces in Europe built a consensus around attacking that issue under political pressure."

For Prince Max and his family, the attention came as a shock. He said: "We were particularly vulnerable because of the data theft of a raft of our bank account details in 2002."
The details of thousands of bank accounts had apparently been stolen in 2002 from Liechtenstein banks by a former IT worker. In the wake of the global crisis, western authorities were interested in the CD and allegedly paid millions of euros for its contents.

Prince Max says: "They paid money to the thieves and we came under more pressure."
He carefully sidesteps suggestions of duress simply saying that "some countries were more sensible and stylish [in their investigations], others were... less elegant."
He adds: "We understood their fiscal problems and we had sympathy for concerns so we said, let's address this in a constructive way."

America, predictably, was dealt with first; Germany was the "noisiest" but, through the OECD, Liechtenstein worked out a system of tax information and exchange agreements with a raft of countries. A "more creative and innovative" system was devised with the UK.

Prince Max denies that off-shore banking is being dismantled. "Off-shore banking is not going to go away, ever," he says. "The advantages are far more than tax evasion. The world is never stable and we offer diversity for investors in terms of assets, institutions, jurisdictions. Liechtenstein is stable, we have a strong Swiss currency and no deficit."

Although 40pc of Liechtenstein's 35,000 people work in industry, financial services produces the lion's share of the national GDP. The country has 16 banks including LGT which describes itself as the "wealth and asset management group owned by the Princely House of Liechtenstein". Thought to the biggest private money manager in the world, LGT has offices across Europe and Asia.
Its work ranges from helping Arabs set up trusts for their daughters (not possible in Saudi Arabia) and Greeks protect their savings (the 16th bank has been founded this year using the wealth of one Greek family) to hedge fund and private equity investments.

For LGT in particular, the HMRC agreement is giving the bank a new, clean image.
Prince Max says: "It's helping our asset management and hedge fund efforts that sometimes have been impacted by the political angle. We want to pitch for business without any connotations expect that we have won awards for our services."

http://www.telegraph.co.u...adical-new-tax-plans.html

Bitter Aging Ugly Fat Fraus taking a break from bitching & posting on their favorite royal board & on their way to Krispy Kreme's to buy 48 dozen glazed donuts. Then rushing home to post again whilst shoving ten donuts down their throats.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »

Clockwise:
TSH Prince Maximilian, Princess Angela with their son HSH Prince Alfons

HSH The Hereditary Prince (Alois), HRH The Hereditary Princess (Sophie) and their children:
HSH Prince Joseph
HSH Princess Marie-Caroline
HSH Prince Georg Antonius
HSH Prince Nikolaus Sebastian

TSH The Prince (Hans-Adam) and The Princess (Marie) of Liechtenstein

HSH Princess Tatjana with husband Philipp von Lattorff and their children:
Lukas
Elisabeth
Marie
Camilla
Anna
Sophie
Maximilian (not in this picture)

TSH Prince Constantin, Princess Marie and their children
HSH Prince Moritz
HSH Princess Georgina
HSH Prince Benedikt

Cloudberry

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 12:34:33 AM »

Blink Wow, that's an absurdly good-looking family. Not a dud in the bunch.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »

very true....but most of them are a bit clonked in the head.

Cloudberry

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 01:32:00 AM »

very true....but most of them are a bit clonked in the head.

Most royals are though. These at least distract us with attractiveness. Plus they're really private so it's not as though we have to digest their stupidity on a daily basis.
Carolina

Baby Member

Lithuania Lithuania

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 06:59:34 PM »

These. I don't like them.

If Lithuania ever became a monarchy, these would be the last from my list to be invited to occupy the amber throne (there are two kinds of gemstones in LT: 1. Amber; 2. Others). Well, at least from Europe, because even these fellows cannot compete with Sultan Kill-Those-Homosexuals of Brunei or Royal Family Kill-Those-Infidels of Saudi Arabia.

But I would rather have Instealaki and Crisignorantina or Nagini and Carl Syphilis as figureheads.

Because these all stealing-cheating-fame-whoring ne'er-do-wells at least are being limited to being bosses of their cars and dogs and have no authority over law and no chance to force their ridiculous views down the citizens's throats via law.

These ones are power-hungry, misogynistic douchebags that crawled out straight from XVIII century. Equal inheritance rights for women? Uh-uh. Legalize abortions? Uh-uh. Alois even approved of law that would criminalize abortion AND birth control in Liechtenstein. Nice move, dude.

And guess if those peasants try to pass a law that isn't cheered by the pure-bloods? They'll veto it. I thought we were done with it in XVIII century Poland and established the understanding that it isn't a good idea.

And I don't care that they are discreet and earn their money. Give me trashiest, shoutiest, tackiest royals ever and I'll be happy to channel them the necessary amount of money, if only they are kept out of legislation.

And don't let me start with citizens that approve of such royal family.

On a brighter side: be glad Imre and Kathleen are not in this bunch.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »

If Lithuania ever became a monarchy, these would be the last from my list to be invited to occupy the amber throne (there are two kinds of gemstones in LT: 1. Amber; 2. Others). Well, at least from Europe, because even these fellows cannot compete with Sultan Kill-Those-Homosexuals of Brunei or Royal Family Kill-Those-Infidels of Saudi Arabia.

But I would rather have Instealaki and Crisignorantina or Nagini and Carl Syphilis as figureheads.

Because these all stealing-cheating-fame-whoring ne'er-do-wells at least are being limited to being bosses of their cars and dogs and have no authority over law and no chance to force their ridiculous views down the citizens's throats via law.

These ones are power-hungry, misogynistic douchebags that crawled out straight from XVIII century. Equal inheritance rights for women? Uh-uh. Legalize abortions? Uh-uh. Alois even approved of law that would criminalize abortion AND birth control in Liechtenstein. Nice move, dude.

And guess if those peasants try to pass a law that isn't cheered by the pure-bloods? They'll veto it. I thought we were done with it in XVIII century Poland and established the understanding that it isn't a good idea.

And I don't care that they are discreet and earn their money. Give me trashiest, shoutiest, tackiest royals ever and I'll be happy to channel them the necessary amount of money, if only they are kept out of legislation.

Good post  Star

Cloudberry

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 08:53:40 PM »

On a brighter side: be glad Imre and Kathleen are not in this bunch.

Awesome post!  Star Most of my indifference to this family comes from the fact that I'm not from Liechtenstein and they aren't exactly big guns on the royalwatcher scene. I'm sure that if I were from the country I'd have a very different opinion.

Katie is attractive enough to fit in but Imre would stick out like a sore thumb. Then again, if they were part of this family we'd probably see even less of them than we do now since they make even fewer appearances than the Habsburgs do. I doubt Imre wold be allowed to go on his periodic lecture tours. Princess Angela was also American and you hear absolutely nothing about her.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »

actually, angela isn't american, unless she became a citizen.  i think she's panamanian? she did live in nyc and that's where she met max.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: