Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Danish Royal News  (Read 27746 times)
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2022, 04:50:35 AM »

I'm curious to read y'all's opinions on their (IMO) wishy-washy statement regarding the bullying at Christian's school and their (lack of) decision.

Obviously they let the kids attend that school for the wrong reasons that couldn't be mentioned explicitly, the only way was to play a sympathy card using kids (how desperately Izzy wants to attend that school, how happy Christian is there).. Just as those kids in the school Moshy visited said if the parents had instilled good moral values on kids, kids wouldn't have chosen to attend that school.   They should be careful now since the Danish kids of Christian's generation are no longer slow  , it might be harmful for Christian in the long run.  But Freddles is half drunk, Moshy is clueless (she didn't even know Vincent's school had the anti-bullying program promoted by her own foundation, needed Vincent to tell her  ), they will not think far.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 05:03:05 AM by dKaren » Logged
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2022, 05:27:36 AM »

The Danish youngsters are pretty smart, right on the point.

- It sounds damn hollow that the crown princess tries to preserve the facade when she chooses to send her children to a school that represents everything but what she transmits today. There is no credibility left.
- You can't call yourself a welfare representative when you don't set a good example when it comes to your own children. It may well be that the royal children themselves are not exposed to physical or psychological violence, but it is disrespectful to those who have been exposed to it that the royal family supports Herlufsholm as an institution and its values.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2022, 10:11:20 AM »

Well I still think Jokke looks like the Crypt keeper and Fred like a teenage boy, who was dragged out of bed in in the morning.

Joachim looks old because of his smoking, Fred looks no better, he has aged considerably as well.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2022, 02:36:43 PM »

- It sounds damn hollow that the crown princess tries to preserve the facade when she chooses to send her children to a school that represents everything but what she transmits today. There is no credibility left.
- You can't call yourself a welfare representative when you don't set a good example when it comes to your own children. It may well be that the royal children themselves are not exposed to physical or psychological violence, but it is disrespectful to those who have been exposed to it that the royal family supports Herlufsholm as an institution and its values.

Agreed, dKaren!

https://www.kongehuset.dk...m-the-crown-prince-couple

This is the statement that was disappointing to me.  If she really takes bullying as seriously as she says she does, then she should instill that in her children and they should decide to make a strong stand against it.  Sometimes being the parent does mean listening to what your children want and taking it on board, and sometimes being a parent (and a crown princess and the head of an anti-bullying foundation) means making hard decisions, making sacrifices.  When I read the statement, it sounded to me like they were laying the groundwork for deciding to continue at the school under the guise of "it's what the children want and we trust that these problems will be brushed aside." 

A student of mine is at a prestigious military academy and one of the first mantras they drill into the cadets is "choose the harder right over the easier wrong."

My money is on Mary and Fred choosing the easier wrong here.  Sad
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2022, 09:21:17 AM »

Agreed, dKaren!

https://www.kongehuset.dk...m-the-crown-prince-couple

This is the statement that was disappointing to me.  If she really takes bullying as seriously as she says she does, then she should instill that in her children and they should decide to make a strong stand against it.  Sometimes being the parent does mean listening to what your children want and taking it on board, and sometimes being a parent (and a crown princess and the head of an anti-bullying foundation) means making hard decisions, making sacrifices.  When I read the statement, it sounded to me like they were laying the groundwork for deciding to continue at the school under the guise of "it's what the children want and we trust that these problems will be brushed aside." 

A student of mine is at a prestigious military academy and one of the first mantras they drill into the cadets is "choose the harder right over the easier wrong."

My money is on Mary and Fred choosing the easier wrong here.  Sad

People who have been on this board for long knew anti-bullying was copied from Alannah & Madeline Foundation. She was very high on Australia and desperately wanted to be a celebrity in OZ at the beginning of her princess career, likely the PR agents she hired in OZ found this program for her so that she  could continue her tie with OZ. She collected money, hired other people to work for the foundation. Most of the work were done by other people, of course she took the credit to be anti-bullying icon  Wink. (she is not the only royal who has done it this way).  So it's expected she hasn't instilled the moral value on her children because she probably hasn't been that involved herself.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2022, 09:33:59 AM »

Its pretty clear Christian will continue at Herlufsholm and Isabella and probabaly the twins will start there as well. Noone is going to bully the future King and his siblings, they are the ones everyone wants to be with. They want to be with their other rich friends which they have known since they were smal. How boring if your friends were not rich and could not afford to go to Verbier and spray champagne at each other like it was reported Christian did last winter... They should be careful Princess Madeleine was a party-champagne girl as well and has the party-princess image still as a married mother of three, it sticks like glue Tongue and I dare say it was much due to hanging out with a crowd of very rich and spoiled friends who did not understand the value of money when they were young.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2022, 03:59:59 PM »

Thank you for these replies, dKaren and Larzen!   Star

I had no idea she copied the foundation, but I'm not the least bit surprised in hearing it.  There's something particularly loathsome about choosing the most vulnerable to boost your image (and as was said, she's not the only royal to do this but it's still very low).

I agree that they are setting the stage to continue at the school, possibly announcing that Christian will be a beacon of anti-bullying and will make it his mission to be sure that all students feel welcome and valued or some such nonsense.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2022, 08:54:10 PM »

Yes i totally see a "feel we can do more difference from the inside than out of it" type argument.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: