Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth news and photos  (Read 138646 times)
Aubiette

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: January 01, 2023, 01:37:23 AM »

New Years tribute

Video

https://twitter.com/kates...;t=mfLRZS08_PFHP03wf01GcQ

Charles too
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 02:00:28 AM by Aubiette » Logged
karma chamelion

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: January 01, 2023, 04:31:44 AM »

Aw, that's beautiful. Our first year without HLM. I miss her.
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: January 01, 2023, 05:00:10 AM »

Will Elizabeth have a memorial service? After all, the Queen Mother, Margaret and Philip all had memorial services. Or do monarchs do not get one?
bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: January 01, 2023, 06:51:12 AM »

A memorial service? After all the funeralling that went on for so many days? What more could possibly be needed?
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: January 01, 2023, 07:45:09 AM »

A memorial service? After all the funeralling that went on for so many days? What more could possibly be needed?

People will still be feeling emotional about the Queen for years to come…
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: January 01, 2023, 12:55:37 PM »

Did the Queen Mother have a memorial service? I don't remember one or see any reference to one, certainly not a large public one. Margaret had a memorial at WA as she had a small private funeral at St George's which was followed 2 months later by a memorial service. Philip's memorial service was always planned because he always wanted a smaller service at St George's over a big service at WA. Obviously Covid made it much smaller so the memorial service more striking. Its was very much the way of the aristocracy to do small funeral and a few months later a large public memorial - e.g the late Duke of Westminster.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't something for the late Queen but not on the scale of Philip's memorial - more likely a private service for the family, staff, friends etc on or after the first anniversary of her death.

Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: January 01, 2023, 01:49:46 PM »

TQM did not have a memorial service.  At least not one that I can remember.  I found this BBC article about a combined private 10 year anniversary service for Margaret and TQM.

https://www.bbc.com/news/...ngland-berkshire-17566981

IIRC for Diana there was a private family service in Scotland for the 1 year anniversary and the larger private service in London for the 10 year anniversary.  I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this for HLM...very small family service for the 1 year anniversary of her passing and a larger though still private service for both HLM and Philip around the 10 year anniversary of her passing.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: January 01, 2023, 02:25:19 PM »

Well remembered! I thought I had recollections of them doing something private for the Queen mother and Margaret… tbf mainly because if I recall correctly William  didn't attend and that caused alot of comments on royal forums- esp those who thought William was a saint.

I completely see this being the way for the late Queen - probably a private service at Craithe Kirk as part of the summer break to Balmoral this year to mark one year, just family and friends, possibly a service for her and Philip sometime in the future with 10years a good marker (depending on Charles at that point)
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: January 01, 2023, 02:37:51 PM »

I cheated and used the Court Circular.  I just rechecked and you’re right neither William nor Kate are listed as having attended the 2012 service. 
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: January 19, 2023, 10:01:26 PM »

None of Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughters and great-granddaughters had the first name of Elizabeth.   
Is there a specific reason why no girl was given the first name of Elizabeth?
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: January 19, 2023, 10:06:23 PM »

None of Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughters and great-granddaughters had the first name of Elizabeth.   

Good question!
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: January 19, 2023, 10:09:52 PM »

I get the impression that certain names: Charles, Henry, William, Elizabeth, George ... are reserved for monarchs. If George would have been a girl, maybe Elizabeth would have been on the card. On the other hand - that name is "burned" for a while. EII did such a fabulous job and she died at the height of her popularity. Who wants to burden a kid with that name?
Gemsheal

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1287 on: January 19, 2023, 10:11:38 PM »

Good question!

Years and years ago I think I read that the name Elizabeth was "in reserve" for a daughter of Charles's, should he have one.   But then he never did, so really, anyone could have used it later on.  

I love the name, I wish Beatrice had used it for Sienna.        

“Nothing is impossible - the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’”

~ Audrey Hepburn
Thistle

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #1288 on: January 19, 2023, 10:14:30 PM »

I have heard that it was Victoria that was reserved for a possible daugther of Charles.

There was a story going on a long time ago that it was he name that Andrew and Fergie wanted to use for Bea, but it was denied as the Wales could still have another child.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: January 19, 2023, 10:55:54 PM »

Well perhaps we’ll all be lucky and Catherine will have twin girls named Elizabeth and Victoria.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: