Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth news and photos  (Read 55478 times)
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »

She looks good, happy and alert but her weight loss is rather dramatic (look at the watch, it was surely not meant to be that loose).
I hope everything is okay there.
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2022, 04:33:37 PM »

Kates clothes are always focused on but I think the Queen is always the nicest, consistently best dressed Royal. Always a beautiful scarf, beautiful brooch, lovely coat. She has a wonderful style. I wonder how she got that giant bruise on her leg though. That’s alarming.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 05:30:33 PM »

Old people always have bruises, I wouldn’t think too much of it. She looked really happy and alert! They need to alter her clothing though, her weight loss seems so striking when her clothes are swimming on her.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2022, 05:49:00 PM »

Old people always have bruises, I wouldn’t think too much of it. She looked really happy and alert! They need to alter her clothing though, her weight loss seems so striking when her clothes are swimming on her.

She is what I would term 'a great age' now. Your skin becomes thinner and you bruise more easily. Weight loss is not that uncommon either.

I see she's become more resigned to the use of a cane now.

She's able to have people in though, and that I am sure makes her happy.  Smiley

Kates clothes are always focused on but I think the Queen is always the nicest, consistently best dressed Royal. Always a beautiful scarf, beautiful brooch, lovely coat. She has a wonderful style. I wonder how she got that giant bruise on her leg though. That’s alarming.

She does have lovely clothes, using superb fabrics. I can't wait to see what Angela Kelly Stuart Parvin have in store for the Jubilee.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2022, 06:27:19 PM »

Nice cane!  I couldn't tell what the handle is made of.  Alabaster?  Queen Mary had some Fabergé cane handles.  Must be nice!
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 06:36:50 PM »

Hmmm I wasn't a huge fan of all her outfits for her Diamond Jubilee - especially the hats. I always think HM looks best in Rachel Trevor Morgan hats and wish for important occasions like the Jubilee she'd use a "proper" milliner rather than an Angela Kelly design though the dresses and coats were fab. JMO.

HM seems to have been loosing weight since lockdown, whether it's the death of Philip or her age or a new chef or no state banquets to attend.

She seems to always have rather bruised legs, really not sure why but it seems to be a trend for a few years now. I'm glad to see she is using a cane if that helps. I noticed when she was viewing the Jubilee memorabilia the whole event was seated with no footage of her walking in or leaving. After that, seeing her arrive and stand for the Sandringham event was reassuring.    

Her watch always appears rather loose, I'm sure i've seen pictures of this gold watch twisting round her wrist as watches do when they are only on loose, though it does seem rather excessively big for her wrist in those recent pics.

A video from the events shows her on top form I'd say -
When told the cake was upside down to HM so the press could see it - "Oh I don't mind, I don't matter"

http://www.itnproductions.co.uk/news
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 06:46:30 PM by ralf103 » Logged
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 07:00:43 PM »

To begin the celebrations, Her Majesty viewed a selection of cards, letters and artwork sent to her by children and other members of the public to mark this, and previous, Jubilees.

https://twitter.com/Royal...;t=_qXKGzD2H1OoHepTSkB04Q

Long Video below

https://twitter.com/Royal...atus/1489663669734674435?
s=20&t=_qXKGzD2H1OoHepTSkB04Q

Video
https://twitter.com/chris...;t=_qXKGzD2H1OoHepTSkB04Q

It's amazing to me (in the best way) what trouble the Queen's citizens take, to make cards & gifts, or give her special mementos ... I loved seeing the antique fan with all the royal signatures. 

And I love to see her wearing those Aquamarine clips!  I think I've read they were an 18th birthday gift from her parents.

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2022, 07:03:01 PM »

The cane handle is of a different wood, with a couple of knobs at the end.

Elizabeth is known to be frugal so it could be one of Queen Mary's, have belonged her mother, or even have been one Phillip used, or any combination thereof.

Winston Churchill
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »

I just saw an Associated Press article calling her 'Elizabeth the Steadfast', I think the moniker might stick. It's very fitting.

I was a little alarmed about the rather large bruise and swelling in HM's left leg, but then I remembered that the Queen Mum had the same issues. It is an unfortunate fact of life that as we get older our vasculature thins. Still, that is a significant bruise/swelling.

LL, I love the idea of her using a hand-me-down cane. I wonder if we have a "Royal Canes" thread, that might be interesting.

Ralf103, congrats on 3000 posts! Champagne
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2022, 07:55:18 PM »

To begin the celebrations, Her Majesty viewed a selection of cards, letters and artwork sent to her by children and other members of the public to mark this, and previous, Jubilees.

https://twitter.com/Royal...;t=_qXKGzD2H1OoHepTSkB04Q

Long Video below

https://twitter.com/Royal...atus/1489663669734674435?
s=20&t=_qXKGzD2H1OoHepTSkB04Q

Video
https://twitter.com/chris...;t=_qXKGzD2H1OoHepTSkB04Q

It's amazing to me (in the best way) what trouble the Queen's citizens take, to make cards & gifts, or give her special mementos ... I loved seeing the antique fan with all the royal signatures.  

And I love to see her wearing those Aquamarine clips!  I think I've read they were an 18th birthday gift from her parents.

Yes, those aquamarine clips were a birthday gift from her parents. I also noticed she's wearing a three strand pearl necklace instead of the single strand.

Her jeweler should really take in the watch band, though she might not like it quite as tight as before.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 08:04:33 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Winston Churchill
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 08:01:26 PM »

Hmmm I wasn't a huge fan of all her outfits for her Diamond Jubilee - especially the hats. I always think HM looks best in Rachel Trevor Morgan hats and wish for important occasions like the Jubilee she'd use a "proper" milliner rather than an Angela Kelly design though the dresses and coats were fab. JMO.

HM seems to have been loosing weight since lockdown, whether it's the death of Philip or her age or a new chef or no state banquets to attend.

She seems to always have rather bruised legs, really not sure why but it seems to be a trend for a few years now. I'm glad to see she is using a cane if that helps. I noticed when she was viewing the Jubilee memorabilia the whole event was seated with no footage of her walking in or leaving. After that, seeing her arrive and stand for the Sandringham event was reassuring.   

Her watch always appears rather loose, I'm sure i've seen pictures of this gold watch twisting round her wrist as watches do when they are only on loose, though it does seem rather excessively big for her wrist in those recent pics.

When told the cake was upside down to HM so the press could see it - "Oh I don't mind, I don't matter"

I did really dislike the peach number used in the Olympic Opening ceremony - it was way too fussy. As for the last Jubilee that white outfit with all the little mirrors, beads etc. that were to reflect the light when she was on the river totally failed on the cloudy day, and a fail safe should have been designed. Both can be laid at Angela Kelly's feet, though she does do well with the everyday designs, and does source very nice fabrics.

Winston Churchill
Airlie (not the Countess)

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 08:19:59 PM »

I did really dislike the peach number used in the Olympic Opening ceremony - it was way too fussy. As for the last Jubilee that white outfit with all the little mirrors, beads etc. that were to reflect the light when she was on the river totally failed on the cloudy day, and a fail safe should have been designed. Both can be laid at Angela Kelly's feet, though she does do well with the everyday designs, and does source very nice fabrics.

Cloudy? More like torrential rain!  But yes, it didn't come off as it would have done on a sunny day. Which can never be guaranteed in the UK.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 10:52:27 PM »

“Republican” Australians booked out the Queen ‘s Accession services in churches all over Australia today…
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2022, 11:18:24 PM »

Interesting that she mentioned the Camilla bit I’m glad she did.

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2022, 11:24:24 PM »

Not only did she mention Camilla but very publicly said that she hopes that Camilla will be QUEEN Consort and not Princess Consort as has been the 'intention' since 2005.

That is a HUGE vote of confidence in Camilla from Elizabeth II and I am so glad that she has publicly made this known - that it is her wish that Camilla has the same title that her mother and grandmother had - HM The Queen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: