Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Elizabeth news and photos  (Read 67041 times)
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: May 16, 2022, 07:33:42 PM »

What a beautiful animal. 

And well-named because he truly is glorious.
Not to revive the outrage, but HM seems fairly mobile when horses are involved.
Dropping that, and backing away. Roll Eyes
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: May 16, 2022, 07:40:03 PM »

I hope the dashing horse handler came with Shohrat!

Hester you crack me up  Laugh bounce

ďAnd she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.Ē - Annabelle M. Ramos
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: May 16, 2022, 09:40:37 PM »

What a beauty...

SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: May 17, 2022, 03:10:58 AM »

I do not deny that HM has a strong sense of duty, and i wonder if that awareness is currently turned to how best make the inevitable transition for Charles as smooth as possible? Him attending events on behalf of the Queen may seem completely out of the ordinary and alarming right now, but one day they will be a matter of fact. Perhaps the Queen and her advisors are slowly putting measures in place to make the public awareness/acceptance of the next monarch as soon as possible?
The state opening of Parliament is a rigorous task by anyone's standards, and it is astonishing that someone was able enough to do it until well into their nineties. I also wonder if the Queen has taken inspiration from her late husband in that, while she will never retire in the same manner, but instead she is doing more of what she enjoys in her final years.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: May 17, 2022, 04:45:01 AM »

What a beautiful animal.  

I'm often the first to jump in and criticise Elizabethand the system she presides over, and I'm likely to do it again soon, but I find it hard to not enjoy seeing her so happy.  That is a genuine smile, not a fake one plastered on for the cameras.  She is 96 and has outlived all her friends and her husband; none of her contemporaries are available to chat with and share reminiscences and gossip.  Throughout her life she has performed the duties with which she was burdened at a young age, to the best of her ability.  

I think that for her the opening of Parliament this year was too much of a challenge.  The one thing she really, really enjoys is her horses, and over the last couple of days she has had the chance to get some of that enjoyment.  I am reminded of my mother's enjoyment of her 98th birthday lunch. At that stage she was bright as a button but physically frail and any outing was exhausting for her, but she could get herself around the house with the aid of her walker.  She was living with us and I was her carer and did all the cooking, etc.  All she had to do was be present and enjoy the company of her nieces and cousins who travelled here to be with her for the occasion, and she really, really enjoyed it.  Three months later she had a stroke and was dead within a month.  

Elizabeth has more resources available to her than my mother had, but she is still a 96 year old woman with all the physical limitations that involves.  Mobility is a day to day - even hour to hour - prospect.  I say let her enjoy her horses and anything else she can enjoy, for as long as she can.  Her "duties" can easily be performed by Charles; he's been waiting long enough to do them.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: May 17, 2022, 04:59:45 AM »

What a beautiful animal.  

I'm often the first to jump in and criticise Elizabethand the system she presides over, and I'm likely to do it again soon, but I find it hard to not enjoy seeing her so happy.  That is a genuine smile, not a fake one plastered on for the cameras.  She is 96 and has outlived all her friends and her husband; none of her contemporaries are available to chat with and share reminiscences and gossip.  Throughout her life she has performed the duties with which she was burdened at a young age, to the best of her ability.  

I think that for her the opening of Parliament this year was too much of a challenge.  The one thing she really, really enjoys is her horses, and over the last couple of days she has had the chance to get some of that enjoyment.  I am reminded of my mother's enjoyment of her 98th birthday lunch. At that stage she was bright as a button but physically frail and any outing was exhausting for her, but she could get herself around the house with the aid of her walker.  She was living with us and I was her carer and did all the cooking, etc.  All she had to do was be present and enjoy the company of her nieces and cousins who travelled here to be with her for the occasion, and she really, really enjoyed it.  Three months later she had a stroke and was dead within a month.  

Elizabeth has more resources available to her than my mother had, but she is still a 96 year old woman with all the physical limitations that involves.  Mobility is a day to day - even hour to hour - prospect.  I say let her enjoy her horses and anything else she can enjoy, for as long as she can.  Her "duties" can easily be performed by Charles; he's been waiting long enough to do them.

It's very nice to see her enjoying herself, well-deserved of course after all these years. I wouldn't begrudge her that in the slightest. I'm only making an observation, slightly snide though it may be.
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: May 17, 2022, 05:06:26 AM »

The Queen has been so reliable in her duties, itís a real shock and adjustment for everyone to get their heads around changes in duties and schedules.

Like said upthread, I rather think sheís feeling like doing the fun stuff that is in her interests and is letting Charles and William take over, ever so slightly.

Honestly, Iím surprised she hasnít been doing more stepping back for years and having them step up.

Itís quite logical, if you think about it, but jarring nonetheless.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŗ Paris - paraphrased)
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: May 17, 2022, 05:22:25 AM »

Exactly, I think it would have been better if she had started stepping back a while ago. It would have helped everyone to ease into it rather than have it come down to she's so poorly she can't do it anymore. It comes across as stubbornness, to be honest, I think that's where my frustration lies.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: May 17, 2022, 10:14:36 AM »

Exactly, I think it would have been better if she had started stepping back a while ago. It would have helped everyone to ease into it rather than have it come down to she's so poorly she can't do it anymore. It comes across as stubbornness, to be honest, I think that's where my frustration lies.

Her subjects in general arenít frustratedÖ.but hey, the rest of the world loves and thereby feels it owns her! So long as she is acknowledged as a force for goodÖ
LadyBunion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: May 17, 2022, 01:10:32 PM »

The Queen attending the opening of the Elizabeth Line in London today - was due to be Earl of Wessex but she went along too - looks great

https://www.bbc.co.uk/new...k-england-london-61465207

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: May 17, 2022, 01:29:00 PM »

Hands up everyone who is DELIGHTED that Her Majesty saved her parliament energy for events among her people?
LadyBunion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: May 17, 2022, 01:45:56 PM »

Hands up everyone who is DELIGHTED that Her Majesty saved her parliament energy for events among her people?

Jumping me!

TBH the complexity of the parliamentary thing meant that it had to be decided in advance and hence far better to say no if there was any doubt. This was probably decided on this morning, she probably felt fine so off they went
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: May 17, 2022, 02:00:17 PM »

Honestly, she looks sensational. Not just in her outfit but she seems to have a spring in her step, a joy to her that I thought left with Philip. So nice to see.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: May 17, 2022, 03:09:21 PM »

Agree... if there is no expectation then no excuses required . She is on record as saying she needs to be seen
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 03:21:56 PM by Princess MS » Logged
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: May 17, 2022, 03:47:16 PM »

What a great surprise! Iím so happy to see her out and about. Lovely to see her with Edward as well.

Brief video
https://twitter.com/Royal...;t=q0dVzdRTtlkrXm89bHYxXw
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 04:17:52 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: