Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Marie - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 16396 times)
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2022, 03:57:00 PM »

Always good to see Marie!  I like this dress and the pop of red with the shoes.  I've never been able to pull off an all-white outfit like she has in the previous picture (or like Kate can do with her McQueen suit) and I envy that; it looks fresh and cool.

That's quite a painting of a fire behind her in the one picture; I'm choosing to believe that it is NOT someone being burned at the stake but rather is a celebratory bonfire of some sort!?

I actually do try to be fair in my criticism/praise of royals, although I obviously have favorites, so I was wondering why I don't get annoyed when she is at another art event like I do when Stephanie is at another art event.  I think the difference is that Marie does other events as well - food waste, autism, etc.

Anyway, I'm going to look a little more into these paintings at this exhibit; I love the one of the woman and her dog by the moonlit sea.  One of my goals in my art history class this year is to show them a painting every day that isn't on the curriculum but it's either famous or fascinating or beautiful or interesting or grotesque, etc. - just something to expose them to as much as possible and hopefully cultivate a love for art across the spectrum! 

Don’t worry. It is a celebatory bonfire Wink https://en.m.wikipedia.or...e_Bonfire_on_Skagen_Beach

This is my all time favourite museum and I’ve been there many times. It’s gorgeous in real life. Smiley

Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2022, 04:03:36 PM »

Thanks Harley!   Hug

I can't wait to show that one to my students!  What an amazing museum...I'd love to go some day!  I love the portrayal of light in so many Scandinavian paintings and this museum's collection is magnificent!

By the way the exhibit Marie is opening has the Monet painting (Impression, Sunrise) that the entire Impressionist movement is named after!  Wow!!  I hope you get to see this exhibit!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2022, 05:43:02 PM »

a couple more clearer/bigger pics from yesterday

she visited the Skagen bon fire site yesterday as well

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:18:41 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2022, 05:51:20 PM »

June 23
Marie participates as a special cultural representative for the Danish Embassy in France in an international symposium at Skagen Art Museums on future strategic collaborations in the field of culture
Yesterday, she closely studied impressive masterpieces by PS Krøyer and Claude Monet in the prestigious exhibition "Krøyer and Paris" at Skagen's Museum, which has just emerged through a collaboration between Skagen's Art Museums and the French museum Musée Marmottan Monet.

Today, as a special cultural representative in France, together with about 40 people from various museums and foundations from home and abroad, as well as Minister of Culture Ane Halsboe-Jørgensen, she focused on future collaborations within the art worlds between Denmark and France.

VIDEO HERE

VIDEO HERE

VIDEO HERE

« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:08:11 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:16 AM »

In connection with her bondfire speech, Marie visited the Skagens Museum yesterday

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:23:51 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:56 AM »

June 23
Marie gave the official bonfire speech in connection with the traditional Sankt Hans event at Skagen's tilting lighthouse on Sønderstrand
In Denmark the tradition of celebrating "Sankt Hans", named after John the Baptist is ancient. From what I learned, these days, most bonfires are adorned with a "witch" - a reminiscent of the witch-burnings of the 1600's, a terror that over time has has faded into a cozy midsummer tradition.

The Danish tradition of placing a (symbolic) witch atop a huge bonfire to celebrate midsummer, is done almost everywhere, from the smallest communities to big cities. This particular bonfire was at Skagen, many of those witches contain wheezers, so that the witch will howl when she flies off to Bloksbjerg on her broom.

Before that happens though, it's a common tradition to have someone give a speech, before lighting the bonfire. Sometimes it's a local dignitary or a mayor or a politician, in other cases it's a more prominent person, like Marie. While the fire burns the beautiful and evocative "midsummer ballad" is song by all present.

Princess Marie gave a fun, touching and personal bonfire speech on at the traditional Sankt Hans event at Skagen's tilting lighthouse on Sønderstrand. People were elated with the princess from start to finish and interrupted the speech several times with enthusiastic applause.

Afterwards, Princess Marie strolled down to the water, where she enjoyed the big bonfire with the locals.

VIDEO HERE

VIDEO HERE

VIDEO HERE

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:39:03 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2022, 01:12:06 AM »

Bonfire Speech

VIDEO HERE

VIDEO HERE

Dear everyone,

Thank you very much for the invitation to give this year's bonfire speech in Skagen. It was - to put it a little Jutlandic - a good offer that I could not refuse.

Ever since I came to Denmark, the Danish celebration of midsummer has been one of my favorite traditions, but this is the first time that I am involved in celebrating Saint Hans evening here in Skagen. And I must say that the evening lives up to its good reputation!

There is a special beauty over Skagen. In the summer, the days are a little longer in Skagen than in the rest of the country. Imagine being able to see the sun go down and rise again in just six hours from this place. It is a marvelous and changeable beauty, which is created where the two seas meet all the way up north - quite a short distance from here.

But Skagen is not just a point far to the north. The city is also a gathering point. And it has been for many, many years.

In the 19th century, artists sought together in the city to be inspired by Skagen's beautiful nature - and by each other. North Jutland is called "The Land of Light", and measurements have shown that there is actually more light on the beach in Skagen than elsewhere. And that the light comes from more angles than in the rest of the country. It was precisely the desire to see the world in a new light that led the artists to Skagen. But that was also what led them to travel further out into the world. They went abroad - especially to Paris - in search of new inspiration, new motives, new impressions.

At Skagens Museum, you can currently see a fantastic exhibition, which is precisely about the relationship between PS Krøyer and a number of the French art scene's great painters. Last year, Krøyer was successfully introduced to the French audience in Paris, and now it's the French's turn to visit here in Skagen. And what a visit!

At the moment, one of the world's most famous paintings, Claude Monet's "Impression, soleil levant" (in Danish: "Impression, Sunrise") hangs in the museum. The painting has given its name to the art movement Impressionism, and it is very rarely lent out. It's a bit like having a visit from a rock star!

An exhibition like this does not, of course, does not fall from the sky, but is the result of a multi-year research-based collaboration between Skagen's Museums and the French Musée Marmottan Monet. The collaboration is an excellent example of what can happen when cultural institutions meet across national borders to learn from each other.

Today, as a special cultural representative for the Danish embassy in France, I have had the pleasure of participating in an international symposium here in Skagen together with our Minister of Culture and a number of French and Danish museum people.

I dare to share the main conclusion of the symposium with you: That cultural encounters across national borders are enriching for art, because cultural encounters can challenge, inspire and develop us as human beings. In short: It makes us smarter.

It is not always easy to build a bridge between two cultures. Believe me - this is also sometimes the case at home! But it is also my personal experience that it is a gift to get to know more cultures, more languages ​​and more life perspectives.

Culture is strongest when it acts as a link between people. Like language, culture can bind us together in a community - whether you gather around visual arts, music, food culture - or about sports.

As many of you have probably discovered, it is not only here in the north that we can celebrate an extraordinary Danish-French cultural event this summer. In just one week, the Tour de France will hit the Danish roads in the eastern and southern part of Denmark. It makes me proud. Both as a Dane and as a Frenchman!

Often it is the very simple things in life that bring us together. A bonfire. A song. A sunset. This was the case for the Skagen painters 150 years ago. And so it is tonight here on Sønderstrand.

In a little while we will sing Drachmann's "Midsummer song". It is in my ears one of the most evocative songs we have at home. But there is one of the lines of the song that grabs my heart especially at the moment, and that is when we sing: "We want peace in this country".

At a time when unrest is raging here in Europe, and where so many of our fellow human beings are suffering, I feel a deep gratitude for the community here tonight.

Let us celebrate peace together and rejoice in the community - right here, right now - and let us wish each other a good Saint Hans. "
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 01:38:42 AM by PeDe » Logged

Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2022, 01:13:39 AM »

Nice speech.  And Marie looks very pretty and summer-y in blue and white. 

“The spirit of the artist doesn't belong to one person or another.  It belongs to all of us.  Don't keep its playfulness and generosity buried." 
Gloria Vanderbilt - Woman to Woman
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2022, 01:35:56 AM »

Wonderful speech; such a beautiful defense of why art and culture matter.  And how lucky she is to get to see that painting and then see the bonfire!  AND see the Monet "Impression, Sunrise."  I love how she seems to appreciate how fortunate she is to have these experiences.  Also:  I've officially added Skagen to my dream list.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2022, 04:56:29 AM »

Marie always dresses appropriately and in great fitting clothes! Too bad others her age group cant'/won't/don't. 
Mariola

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »

Marie always dresses appropriately and in great fitting clothes! Too bad others her age group cant'/won't/don't. 

I find her very dowdy, generally, but the white suit is nice - the latest 'princess' uniform it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: