Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Derf - News & Events  (Read 74617 times)
Aubiette

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2022, 07:16:05 PM »

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I think itís tacky they excluded Mary, particularly if there was a misunderstanding with the invitation. I just read that the King, Queen, and Crown Prince of Jordan have arrived. Also 4 from Spain, etc. Iím going to hide now.  Secret
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2022, 07:33:16 PM »

I know this will be an unpopular opinion but I think itís tacky they excluded Mary, particularly if there was a misunderstanding with the invitation. I just read that the King, Queen, and Crown Prince of Jordan have arrived. Also 4 from Spain, etc. Iím going to hide now.  Secret

No, I agree with you. I think they could've just left her included, it seems a bit rude to me. It would be one thing if they accidentally invited someone really controversial, but it's a bad look IMO.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2022, 07:39:36 PM »

I donít believe it was Maryís interpretation if the FO has apologised. And itís clearly not just HOS plus partner when 3 are attending from The Netherlands and 4 are attending from Spain.

The BRF are friends with the SRF. Charles and Diana used to vacation there when the boys were young.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2022, 08:31:39 PM »

No, I agree with you. I think they could've just left her included, it seems a bit rude to me. It would be one thing if they accidentally invited someone really controversial, but it's a bad look IMO.

I also agree with you.
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2022, 08:39:25 PM »

I would certainly say I'm surprised if there was an error that they didn't just include Mary. It does make me wonder if maybe the invitation was clearer than made out hence why the FCO was so sure of telling Mary she wasn't invited.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2022, 09:11:59 PM »

I could imagine they are running out of seats quickly. And I think it was less undiplomatic to tell Mary it was a mistake than to "snub" all the other crown princesses and princess +1 from other countries by not inviting them.
amethyst

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: September 18, 2022, 09:36:39 PM »

it certainly seemed to be handled strangely ... but then I also noticed that Marie Chantal of Greece was there along with the CP and the queen? if Mary was disinvited I guess why was MC allowed to be there?
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: September 18, 2022, 09:43:39 PM »

They ran out of seats in the row they are assigned to.
 Wink

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2022, 10:07:20 PM »

JC is a former monarchy, thus he and Sofia always have been included in the list as Beatrice. Albert and Paola.
I heard Spanish government also got an invitation, thus the Spanish foreign minister went with F&L. Since King AB governs, he could leave the government seat to his son. Or maybe Hussein wouldn't go to the funeral tomorrow.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2022, 10:17:49 PM »

They ran out of seats in the row they are assigned to.
 Wink

Albert and Paola wouldn't go, there should be two seats left  Wink.
leatherface

Humongous Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2022, 10:20:08 PM »

Or maybe with all the BRF have been through lately they just couldn't suffer Mosh on top of it all.

I mean Mo of Dubai is there with a woman I assume to be his latest squeeze and is most likely to encounter his ex-wife's brother, SIL and nephew in what will be a scene of epic awkwardness and tension, dealing with Mosh and her chicken anus mouth along with this may just be a bridge too far.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: September 18, 2022, 10:23:19 PM »

it certainly seemed to be handled strangely ... but then I also noticed that Marie Chantal of Greece was there along with the CP and the queen? if Mary was disinvited I guess why was MC allowed to be there?

Because Pavlos didn't get the invitation to accompany his mom.  I heard Constantine would attend the funeral.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2022, 10:35:56 PM »

Aren't the Greeks all personal friends with the BRF? Maybe if the king wasn't able to come then they kept Anne Marie on the list and subbed Pavlos but his wife came anyway either on assumption it would be fine or with a specific invite. It's just a drinks reception not dinner so not as horrible if someone extra shows up.
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2022, 10:40:50 PM »

Because Pavlos didn't get the invitation to accompany his mom.  I heard Constantine would attend the funeral.

Pavlos said on bbc the king was not well enough, he would go with his wife and mother representing him
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2022, 10:43:01 PM »

Not bothered by this bit of social faux pas.
It is about the legacy of QEII.
If it was HoS (as well as living past HoS) and their significant others.
QMII is an HoS (without her Henrik).
Fred is and always has been the stand-in HoS for QMII.
Not about whether or not CP Mary got a seat.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: