Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Derf - News & Events  (Read 55906 times)
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: September 23, 2022, 10:08:50 AM »

September 22
Yrma participated in the international launch of Denmark’s candidacy for a seat on the UN Security Council in 2025-2026.
Before the launch, the Crown Princess received a briefing from Denmark’s UN ambassador, Martin Bille Hermann. Afterward, she
visited the UN mission and the Consulate General of Denmark in New York and greeted the staff members.

Where's Derf in all this?

He has gone home early to prepare for the evening dinner celebrating MArgrehe (yet again) today, which Daisy cant attend because of COVID. I find it a very strange choice when Denmark is trying to gain a seat at the UN security council, I would rather send Mary home to prepare the dinner and worry about the napkins, unless the court thinks Mary is better suited than the heir, I would think for Denmark a seat in the UN council is more imprtant than yet another birthday dinner.

It seems neither one had a significant role, thus Freddles went home. It's all about the PM and her ministers  Grin.  Is the PM a republican ? I have to say she spoke very good English, better than Freddles.

I’d say Fred is fluent in English but the accent might be the Eurotrash version that was everywhere 20 years ago
Larzen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: September 23, 2022, 11:10:29 AM »

It seems neither one had a significant role, thus Freddles went home. It's all about the PM and her ministers  Grin.  Is the PM a republican ? I have to say she spoke very good English, better than Freddles.

I dont think there has evern been an openly republican PM in Denmark Grin Yes her english is very good, she is a capable and smart woman wether you like her politics or not.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2022, 11:32:01 AM »

Hope this isn’t too OT - Longterm Dishies will recall that Mary had a  boyfriend 9 years her junior before Fred. Footballer-turned-coach Ryan O’Keefe popped up in the footy coverage this afternoon- a kid at the Finals Parade had been named after him! He’s always seemed a lovely guy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.or...3559312782)_(cropped).jpg

Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2022, 03:56:01 PM »

F&M in NYC is a non-factor.
Fred went home to Denmark because he is the Regent when QMII is not on.
Mary stayed behind because there is the whole weekend to go to Bergdorf Goodman ....
She has nothing back in Denmark until September 27th.

anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2022, 04:06:43 PM »

Her wardrobe for the NYC trip have been fab.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2022, 04:27:09 PM »

Yes, I absolutely love the black dress. I would totally go for it in navy.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2022, 04:41:07 PM »

Frodo realized that there is Denmark without his wife and he took off  . The whole UN thing surely was too much and complex for him anyway.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: September 23, 2022, 06:26:06 PM »

September 21
Attending welcoming reception the day before the UN’s 77th General Assembly
Yrma attended, amongst other royals, the USA’s welcoming reception hosted by U.S. President Joseph Biden at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. The reception was held for heads of state and government in connection with the opening of the UN’s 77th General Assembly.

Poor Mary! What an unflattering photo!

It just looks like the fotographer asked them to say something other than 'cheese' and she said 'what???'.  Nice outfit.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2022, 06:27:14 PM »

Mary looks really good with glasses and I like the dress.

Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: September 23, 2022, 06:45:42 PM »

Yep.
Nice black dress.
And Mary knows it.
Thus all that posing in it.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: September 23, 2022, 08:31:38 PM »

September 23
H.M. The Queen hosts an evening party
The Derfs are already back in Denmark. In Daisy's stead, the Derfs hosted an even gala for the government, the Danish Parliament, and the Danish members of the European Parliament.

The Derf's together with the rest of the royal family ensured that the distinguished evening party at Christiansborg Castle had the perfect start.

The royal family this time around entails the Derfs and Bene. An excerpt from an article in BT:

Among the royal family members, what can be called two main characters are missing from the guest list.

- "It's a bit special, what's happening tonight in the Royal Palace. When you write the royal family, you also usually mean Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, but they are not mentioned," says Jacob Heinel, BT's royal correspondent.

On the Royal Household's website, they themselves state that the royal family will be guests at the jubilee, and therefore it is also remarkable that neither Prince Joachim nor Princess Marie will attend.

Especially when it appears on the guest list that both Princess Benedikte and the Crown Prince couple are part of the celebration.

- "It makes the royal family look amputated. There are some who come and some who don't,' says Jacob Heinel and continues:

- "They really want to be part of the royal family, so it surprises me that they are not there," he says.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will host the evening party for the government, the Danish Parliament, and the Danish members of the European Parliament on Friday. This is because HM The Queen has tested positive for corona and is now staying at Fredensborg Castle.

cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: September 23, 2022, 09:21:10 PM »

Well good on her...jet-lag is horrid and unavoidable...even via First Class. I thank Denmark is 6 hours ahead of NY? And flying west to East is worse that E to W
Gemsheal

Big Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: September 23, 2022, 09:33:31 PM »

September 23
H.M. The Queen hosts an evening party
The Derfs are already back in Denmark. In Daisy's stead, the Derfs hosted an even gala for the government, the Danish Parliament, and the Danish members of the European Parliament.

The Derf's together with the rest of the royal family ensured that the distinguished evening party at Christiansborg Castle had the perfect start.

The royal family this time around entails the Derfs and Bene. An excerpt from an article in BT:

Among the royal family members, what can be called two main characters are missing from the guest list.

- "It's a bit special, what's happening tonight in the Royal Palace. When you write the royal family, you also usually mean Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, but they are not mentioned," says Jacob Heinel, BT's royal correspondent.

On the Royal Household's website, they themselves state that the royal family will be guests at the jubilee, and therefore it is also remarkable that neither Prince Joachim nor Princess Marie will attend.

Especially when it appears on the guest list that both Princess Benedikte and the Crown Prince couple are part of the celebration.

- "It makes the royal family look amputated. There are some who come and some who don't,' says Jacob Heinel and continues:

- "They really want to be part of the royal family, so it surprises me that they are not there," he says.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will host the evening party for the government, the Danish Parliament, and the Danish members of the European Parliament on Friday. This is because HM The Queen has tested positive for corona and is now staying at Fredensborg Castle.

Could he not even get a decent haircut?       

And Mary's face looks frozen.   

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: September 23, 2022, 09:35:52 PM »

I do love her earrings.

What a busy week for them!
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2022, 09:49:04 PM »

Well good on her...jet-lag is horrid and unavoidable...even via First Class. I thank Denmark is 6 hours ahead of NY? And flying west to East is worse that E to W

But she is attending a dinner in Denmark, not a breakfast  Wink.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: