Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In which order do you read the postings?  (Read 6479 times)
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2022, 10:57:52 PM »

Of course first of all I always click on the ``show unread posts since last visit.'' And then, for some reason, I go to the highest-number page and start from the bottom up. I skip the royals in whom I have no interest, such as Juan Carlos etc. and the folks in Liechtenstein. I also don't find the Belgian royals particularly interesting any longer now that Fabiola is no longer with us. She was always good for a little adventure of one sort of another.

Love to read about tiaras and jewelry. And awful fashion boo-boos, and it's interesting to see intra family sharing of frocks, jewels etc.

My faves are the Nordic-country royals, especially the Norwegians (naturally, as a Norwegian-American), and I'll click on any of the major British royals just in hops there will be some cool photos that I might not have seen. And I love some of the subject-matter topics, like royals and religion or education. I like to learn about royals who might have special talents in the arts or other areas.

What's your favorite area? And how do you like to read Royal Dish?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 10:00:38 AM by Maria » Logged
Nappyolean

Warned
Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 02:24:27 AM »

I scroll to the bottom to see the recent posts of whatever random thing going on. If anything is interesting, I’ll read that. Today, I may see how William is doing in Dubai and also check in to our friends in Monaco and see if Charlene is better. Plus the Princely twins are my favorite Royal children so I like to see. Since a tiara event is coming up, I was scrolling through tiaras that Kate should wear instead of the boring Cambridge knot.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 07:07:45 AM »

I scroll to the bottom to see the recent posts of whatever random thing going on. If anything is interesting, I’ll read that. Today, I may see how William is doing in Dubai and also check in to our friends in Monaco and see if Charlene is better. Plus the Princely twins are my favorite Royal children so I like to see. Since a tiara event is coming up, I was scrolling through tiaras that Kate should wear instead of the boring Cambridge knot.

What tiara event is coming up?

The diplomatic reception, this year, isn't going to be 'white tie' so no tiaras I believe and that would be the only tiara event on Catherine's schedule for the foreseeable future.

The prestigious diplomatic reception, with the dress code now suits and dresses rather then white-tie and gowns, will be hosted at Windsor Castle by the Queen in a few weeks on March 2.https://jerseyeveningpost...atinum-jubilee-milestone/

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 11:22:24 AM »

I go straight to Kate, then
Will
C&C
Sophie (wish there was more!)
HMTQ
Yrma
Marie (wish there was more)
Vickan and Dan

And I slum it on the Carl—Philippe & Snakey threads from time to time…
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 01:52:33 PM »

In general:

1. When I have opened RD I click on Show unread posts since last visit.
2. If this doesn't show any new items, I also check Show new replies to your posts. Because I have the experience that sometimes, due to repetive log out and in (and such), there are apparently new posts which have been set on read in my case.
3. Then I will check the item / thread / posts which caughts my attention the most.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 04:01:22 PM »

I usually just got down the list and click on the sections that I'm interested in. I'll usually start off Monaco, Sweden, BRF... and then move down to General, Off Topic, etc and then Will and Kate.

The only time I'll go for a specific thread is if there is something really big happening (engagement, wedding, baby, funeral) because then I try to keep up more with the thread since it moves so quickly.

I will venture into other sections if I'm really bored but I usually just mark the entire board as read once I'm done checking out the sections I care about.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 05:09:47 AM »

Click <Show unread posts since last visit.>
All of the non-brf royal posts
Dresses/jewelry posts
Non-royal posts
BRF posts last

Sometimes I don't get more than halfway through that order.
If there are too many single posts in a lot of subjects, skip those save those for another day.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 10:54:05 AM by Maria » Logged

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Isabel
Banned
Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 06:50:39 AM »

No order.  I check some of my favourite royals without looking at recent posts.  If there is a controversy that has made the news, I got for that one first 
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 07:52:10 AM »

I go to Unread Threads and read all,
but not the historical threads,
or much of the General section,
or the "Other Royal Stuff" section.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 04:05:42 PM »

Top-down (but I skip Mary threads when they are very vicious for ex. her birthday - it becomes so samey samey)

Mostly I am shallow and I want to see what the royal women wear so I will check Mary, Leti, Máx, sometimes Kate, sometimes Rania, always Caroline of Monaco. I also like to see news of Charlene and hope she will recover fully.

Non-royal stuff is interesting, especially the Covid posts and breaking news.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 04:13:22 PM »

I look at the oldest as they go off the screen first and then what interests me and finally the new posts that are not profiled in Other Royal Families
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 06:08:52 PM »

Top-down (but I skip Mary threads when they are very vicious for ex. her birthday - it becomes so samey samey)

Mostly I am shallow and I want to see what the royal women wear so I will check Mary, Leti, Máx, sometimes Kate, sometimes Rania, always Caroline of Monaco. I also like to see news of Charlene and hope she will recover fully.

“Vicious”? You mean your fellow RD members posting about Mary’s excesses are vicious? That’s quite an accusation. Which posts were vicious rather than mocking or just critical?
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 07:22:04 PM »

Funny thing, I was thinking about the word ``vicious'' the other day as it's one that the former president uses all the time, and I think, most often, incorrectly.  I'm wondering if the word has lost some of its power because he used it in reference to anyone who disagreed with him in even the tiniest way.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 09:35:47 PM »

Funny thing, I was thinking about the word ``vicious'' the other day as it's one that the former president uses all the time, and I think, most often, incorrectly.  I'm wondering if the word has lost some of its power because he used it in reference to anyone who disagreed with him in even the tiniest way.

Perhaps I have used it wrongly? I understand it to mean 'mean' or 'cutting'  (but English is not my first language and also does not seem to be Donald Trump's  Smiley).
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2022, 09:37:43 PM »

“Vicious”? You mean your fellow RD members posting about Mary’s excesses are vicious? That’s quite an accusation. Which posts were vicious rather than mocking or just critical?

Hester, Maria says that opinions do not need to be explained. I made no comment on RD members.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: