Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward News and Events  (Read 8841 times)
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2022, 05:21:49 PM »

There is a custom that a title isn't presented if anyone alive once used that title without their consent. Maybe Anne doesn't want anyone else to have what was her first name - Princess Anne of EDINBURGH. (I doubt that Anne would object but it is a consideration)

It has been less than a month since it became available and it is also seen as bad form to recreate a title that quickly. Even creating William as Prince of Wales that fast was a surprise as normally there is at least a month if not longer from when someone becomes eligible for that title.

There has also been a rumour, since Philip died, that Charles doesn't want to give the Edinburgh title to his brother for some reason even though it was announced that he was part of the agreement that Edward would have it. Remember it is also less than a month since he stopped having that title and thus since his wife stopped being The Duchess of Edinburgh and his mother the Dowager Duchess of Edinburgh. We don't know exactly what having that title meant to Charles but I suspect it meant a lot and he is still grieving both his parents. Giving that title to Edward will be a final 'they are both gone moment'. Give him time.

I suspect he will get it a few days before the coronation but there is no rush for it and Charles has a lot of other things to be worrying about rather than giving an additional title to a younger brother who already had three peerage titles and giving him a fourth will mean he will have more titles than either his younger son, other brother or his mother's cousins - all of whom have three.

To us these things don't mean much but in these circles it can mean a lot.

I agree that the Wales announcement was very early though suspect Charles was mightily glad to see the backend of the PoW title, he had had it so long. I thought he might give Edward the Edinburgh title perhaps on Edward's birthday or just before the coronation
Thistle

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2022, 05:28:04 PM »

I believe giving William the PoW title to soon as a way of Charles to distance himself from the title people associate him to and to give some piece of mind into the "Princess of Wales". He wanted to close a chapter, imo.

Regarding Edward's titles. If he becomes Duke of Edinburgh, I believe it will be around the coronation. We also have to consider Edward is also grieving and he may want to wait a bit before receiving it. To have the title he needed to lose both parents and that is devastating.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2022, 06:18:54 PM »

I hope Edward does become  DOE.  He and Sophie have more than proved their loyalty and are excellent assets to the BRF.  I was under the impression that was what Betty wanted, am I confused?

Aside from Queen, isn't "Princess Royal" the highest ranking female title in the family?  I know Anne follows Kate in precedence only when Wills is there or does the POW now give Kate precedence in her own right?  Would the DOE title change that for Anne?

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2022, 06:45:14 PM »

I hope Edward does become  DOE.  He and Sophie have more than proved their loyalty and are excellent assets to the BRF.  I was under the impression that was what Betty wanted, am I confused?

Aside from Queen, isn't "Princess Royal" the highest ranking female title in the family?  I know Anne follows Kate in precedence only when Wills is there or does the POW now give Kate precedence in her own right?  Would the DOE title change that for Anne?

That's an interesting question and hopefully someone has the answer.  As I understand it  that as the children of the monarch.  William and Harry plus spouses now take precedence over their aunt and uncles and their spouses.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2022, 11:03:07 PM »

The family is in deep mourning for the Queen. I can understand that giving Edward his father’s and the Queen’s husband’s dukedom would not be done in haste.
Paulina

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2022, 06:55:33 AM »

I believe giving William the PoW title to soon as a way of Charles to distance himself from the title people associate him to and to give some piece of mind into the "Princess of Wales". He wanted to close a chapter, imo.

Regarding Edward's titles. If he becomes Duke of Edinburgh, I believe it will be around the coronation. We also have to consider Edward is also grieving and he may want to wait a bit before receiving it. To have the title he needed to lose both parents and that is devastating.

Excellent points Thistle and Lady Bunion. Can’t blame Charles one bit.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2022, 09:54:27 AM »

Absolutely.
Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2022, 10:27:47 PM »

The Earl of Wessex speaks at the Welcoming Ceremony for The Duke of Edinburgh’s @intaward Forum in Romania.

HRH is Chairman of the @DofE International Award, which has helped millions of young people across the world take part in the youth achievement programme.

#WorldReady
https://twitter.com/royal...;t=AneGNrxW5b3k_HXyFYrcZA
Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2022, 06:03:55 PM »

The Earl of Wessex has been in Romania with the @intaward this week, celebrating the achievements of young Award participants while remembering the late Duke of Edinburgh’s legacy.

⚽️ At Academia Viitorul HRH joined some young footballers working towards their own @DofE Awards:

More about Edwards trip to Romania this week.

https://twitter.com/royal...;t=XhEp7nilgi4YBR8RIzTIOg

https://www.royal.uk/earl-wessex-visits-romania

Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2022, 03:44:12 PM »

We are thrilled to announce HRH Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex, as the Royal Patron for Reading Rep: "I look forward to helping with reinforcing this theatre’s inspiring work in the local community and to supporting its future endeavours.” @royalfamily

bit.ly/3SUv6aG

https://www.newburytoday....-reading-theatre-9281822/

Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2022, 08:24:12 PM »

We were thrilled to welcome HRH Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, in his first engagement as our Royal Patron, where he attended the launch of our Corporate Partnership Scheme. The event saw businesses across Reading, and Thames Valley connect and network with fellow organisations.
https://twitter.com/readi...;t=3M658os0kpGF6LBHD1BaKg

bumbershoot

Warned
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2022, 08:57:10 PM »

Edward has what I think of as the ``Windsor eyes.'' He looks a lot like the late Duke of Windsor and the late King George around his eyes.
Mariola

Large Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2022, 11:05:18 PM »

Here he resembles his sister, I think.

Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2022, 02:37:37 AM »

HRH The Earl of Wessex travelled to DC this week to present three UK honour recipients with their awards.

Read more about these recipients below ⬇️
https://twitter.com/ukinu...;t=oyUIVx0OwWyg3hXjAtWl4g
Oliver St. Clair Franklin CBE received the Honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for services to  🇬🇧-🇺🇸 relations. Franklin also serves as Honorary Consul to Philadelphia.

Angela Moore CBE received the Honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for services to economic development and philanthropy in Northern Ireland.

Ernie Allen OBE received the Honorary Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to the protection of children in the UK.

Aubiette

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2022, 11:15:00 PM »

October 10.

The Earl of Wessex has been in Gwent today meeting young people, first responders and arts volunteers across the county.

At a special @dofeuk Challenge Day in Cwmbran, HRH joined a series of team building activities as Trustee of the Award.

After opening @GwentPolice’s new HQ, The Earl met the Heddlu Bach, the area’s ‘mini’ Police force made up of young volunteers looking out for their community 👋

Thank you Gwent for a wonderful welcome today.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: