Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward News and Events  (Read 2603 times)
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2022, 06:04:29 PM »

Edward has been visiting Kenya this week

https://twitter.com/Royal...;t=gudX3ypVPE6P0_eCqha-Fg

The Royal Family
@RoyalFamily

In memory of his father, The Earl of Wessex plants a tree in Ruiru, Kenya.

His Royal Highness is visiting Kenya in his role as Chairman of The Duke of Edinburgh’s @intaward to see the positive impact of the Awards, which his father founded in 1956.
Today’s tree planting was part of an Awards Ceremony, with 150 young people receiving their Bronze & Silver @intawards– congratulations!

So far, nearly half a million young people from 1,000 schools, colleges and universities across Kenya have benefitted from the scheme.

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 06:06:47 PM »

🇰🇪🇬🇧 On day 2 of his visit to Kenya with The Duke of Edinburgh's
@intaward, The Earl of Wessex today met the Kenyan President, H.E. Uhuru Kenyatta at the State House, Nairobi.

BATUK
@BATUKOfficial

His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex visited Nyati Barracks today for a briefing on the work of BATUK and to meet British and Kenyan members of the BATUK team. #UKinKenya #RoyalFamily
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 06:09:36 PM »

UK in Kenya
@UKinKenya
·
Mar 16
As part of a @DeKUTkenya hosted youth dialogue, The Earl of Wessex met 100 young s from various universities &  got to hear about innovation & entrepreneurship in Kenya
The Duke of Edinburgh's @intaward builds & empowers youth to find their purpose, passion & place in the world.

Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 06:29:47 PM »

The Royal Family
@RoyalFamily

The Earl of Wessex reflects on his visit to Kenya this week.

Read more about HRH’s visit, which he undertook in support of The Duke of Edinburgh’s
@intaward
: https://royal.uk/earl-wessex-visits-kenya
https://twitter.com/Royal...;t=gudX3ypVPE6P0_eCqha-Fg
Paulina

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 06:57:50 PM »

I hope the very first thing Charles does when he ascends is promote the Earl. Someone said in another thread, or maybe it was in the DM comments, that this couple could fill the Gloucester shoes. That seems to be their path and what a good one it is!

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 08:28:50 PM »

I sincerely hope one of the first things Charles does is make Edward Duke of Edinburgh. If he does not Charles will look mighty churlish, in my book. I do think Charles realizes the worth of Sophie and Edward, and that he will need them, along with Anne.

“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.”    Stanley Horowitz
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 08:38:52 PM »

I think Charles knows that - and that they are doing a fab job. I think there is no worry there. Basically the family is "sorted" and slimmed down naturally now.

The Wessex kids are not titled (if I recall right) and Anne's kids are not titled, either, so they are automatically out and they will only be there at big events, e.g. trooping of the colour. The Yorkies have eliminated themselves, Bea and Eugenie might do the occassional job and turn up for big events 
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 09:59:36 PM »

Edward's children are Lady Louise and Viscount Severn. They are entitled to be HRH Princess Louise and HRH Prince James.

Anne's children are not entitled to any titles under the 1917 Letters Patent. The Queen would have to have done something to give titles to Anne's children or Anne or Mark for Anne's children to have titles.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2022, 04:38:45 PM »

The Royal Family
@RoyalFamily
👏 Congratulations to 12,000 young people who have recently achieved their
@DofE Gold Award.

This week, The Earl of Wessex, Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, is hosting four events at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the achievements of the Gold Award holders.

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 08:35:56 PM »

I think Edward is, to use an American baseball term, the utility infielder of the British Royal Family.
SvenskaSarah

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 08:54:27 PM »

I think Edward is, to use an American baseball term, the utility infielder of the British Royal Family.

I agree. I'm glad he took "royal" lessons from his sister and father. Despite a shaky start, he truly is an asset to the BRF. He seems one of the more approachable members of the family too.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 07:11:33 PM »

The Royal Family
@RoyalFamily

🥇Just 42 days until the first @birminghamcg22 Medal is presented!

At Toye, Kenning & Spencer in Birmingham’s historic jewellery quarter, The Earl of Wessex, Vice-Patron of @thecgf, helped to put some finishing touches on Commonwealth Games Medals.

#B2022

🏹 The Earl of Wessex joins some @DofE participants in Birmingham for a spot of archery.
As part of the @birminghamcg22 legacy, the Awards scheme has partnered with Gen22 to provide employability boosting opportunities for young people across the West Midlands.

https://twitter.com/Royal...;t=V8x2WMydIBf0-jKeVtSC_g

« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:18:12 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2022, 06:49:12 PM »

Rookie
@royalfocus1
The Earl of Wessex presents The Queen's Platinum Jubilee medals to South West Reservists, Cirencester #Royals #PrinceEdward #Military #medals

bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2022, 08:31:37 PM »

I think Edward is the happiest of the queen's three sons. His life seems uncomplicated and he has a good woman by his side and what appear to be two great kids. I really thought he was going to be the loser of the family and am pleasantly surprised he's not.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »

The Earl of Wessex visited troops on deployment in Estonia and Germany this week to recognise their service and their commitment to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth throughout her life.

HRH is Royal Colonel @CO_2RIFLES and Royal Honorary Colonel @WessexYeomanry.

In Paderborn, Germany, The Earl met residents and viewed tributes to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth from the local community.

In remembrance of Her Majesty’s visit in 1977, His Royal Highness also added his signature to the Town Hall’s Golden Book.

https://twitter.com/royal.../1573288396906287106?s=12
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: