Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary spotted spending big $$$ in Melbourne  (Read 12470 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2022, 10:34:26 AM »

Dare we hope? 😺😬 Mary is solo in Australia - shopping spree with Ambrrrrr in Melbourne on her way to Tassie…
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 11:39:41 AM »

Mosh is in Australia, on a shopping spree? Is she alone or Fred and the kids are with her?

This is vintage dishing here! After a few years on the quiet side, she needed her fix? Clown

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 12:22:58 PM »

I have seen the pictures from the Daily Mail so she is there. Nice to see she has kept Amber as a friend. Mary can completely be herself around Amber whereas with her friends in Denmark she may feel she has to act a certain way.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 12:54:11 PM »

She must have missed Oz during the covid years...

and still official confirmation needed,  but someone in the DM comments said "her son " is in a gap year in Australia, so she might be visiting Christian there if true.

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 01:03:52 PM »

In August 2021 Christian started his final YEARS of secondary education as a student at a boarding school. He isn't on a 'gap year' at all but still has to finish school.

https://www.nowtolove.com...ark-boarding-school-68667

I remember when these photos were released last year when he started at this boarding school.
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 01:14:57 PM »

It’s reasonable to assume that Christian is spending some time on a formal exchange program there (as opposed to a gap year) and Mary is using ait as an excuse to catch up with friends and family.

Edited to add: his school is a participant of https://www.roundsquare.org/
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 01:39:28 PM »

In August 2021 Christian started his final YEARS of secondary education as a student at a boarding school. He isn't on a 'gap year' at all but still has to finish school.

https://www.nowtolove.com...ark-boarding-school-68667

I remember when these photos were released last year when he started at this boarding school.

He started the first year of high school in August 21.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 01:50:12 PM »

Again we need some Danish competence about how "normal" that is. Here in Germany some students interrupt high school, they used to go to the US for a while (which is way harder now because something with the VISA has changed), took a high school year, came back and improved their grades (at least the English grade). Also looked good on your CV.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 01:59:31 PM »

If he goes on a break to attend school abroad or takes a gap year abroad (I absolutely expect him to do one if not both of these), I would expect him to do it either after finishing the regular school year (during hs or university) and definitely not in the middle of a school year (unless it was a shorter stay which was part of his normal schooling).

It’s quite normal to study abroad for Danish students.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 02:01:22 PM »

The DRF does not seem to be to much into the concept of uninterrupted schooling - thinking about all the kids in Verbier. Maybe it is language Mary + Frodo have in mind. I am sure Christian is fluent in English (because of Mary) and Danish and has some good knowledge of French (which seems to be a very important language within the family).
periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 03:17:22 PM »

It's hard to switch between northern and Southern Hemisphere academic years because of the different summers. A friend of mine did this years ago with her girls who loved their experience but were discombobulated for a while constantly being in school. There are tricks to it and I can't remember what they are but surely the antipodal offices know how to help with that. It would be more interesting for Christian to attend school in France where he could learn his grandfather's language but I can understand the pull to Australia. Is he at Geelong like Charles was? Mary is certainly setting her kids up to be comfortable only with the tippy top of life that seems very anti-australia.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 04:19:37 PM »

Joachim worked on a farm in Australia for a while. Hardly a relevant visit to copy for Christian but since Fred spend a semester (I think) at a uni in the US I think Christian will as well. But I honestly doubt he’s in Australia now, at least not for a longer period of time. I think it would have been announced and it seems an odd choice in the middle of the first year of hs..
Paulina

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 07:29:21 PM »

She's on a jolly to a warmer climate. It's gray and freezing in Copenhagen these days.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome ŕ Paris - paraphrased)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 09:44:06 PM »

We had snow! yesterday. In southern Sweden too. Two thirds of the Instagram posts I saw yesterday was complaining about the weather Laugh bounce
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 10:43:45 PM »

As Marge is getting older - nobody knows how much time is left before Christian is crown prince. I could imagine once that has happened, it is not so easy for him to leave the country (also because King Frodo will need a lot of support to leave an intact kingdom for his son). That might be the reasoning he is getting experience now.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: