Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary spotted spending big $$$ in Melbourne  (Read 12472 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2022, 07:52:12 PM »

My only issue is that I am paying for her expenses while I have to see her praised in the Danish public for being an icon of sustainability..

To raise the issue further, whether is Mary or another royal consort, the funding will come from allocation the government gives to the royal house.  That funding is up the royal house to spend as they see fit?

They’re the only publicly funded “branch” that aren’t subject to cutbacks. In a time with cutbacks, growing poverty and a growing focus on sustainability and less spending, I take the liberty of being annoyed with a person, essentially paid by Danish taxpayers, showing no restraints in shopping whilst she promotes herself as an icon of sustainability. YMMV. I think the DRF suck at public service.

You make very valid points. I am beginning to think that Monarchy is outdated.
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2022, 08:58:31 PM »

I am beginning to think that Monarchy is outdated.

I am also starting to think that, which makes me feel sad because there's such a huge history there. However, the idea of a monarchy in general just doesn't seem to fit with the modern, progressive world.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2022, 09:08:27 PM »

My only issue is that I am paying for her expenses while I have to see her praised in the Danish public for being an icon of sustainability..

Well her husband gets 90% of the combined income and her MIL would get multiple times.... I’m not seeing him do much and his mother is doing less all the time

Mary's 10% is her pocket money which is a lot.  Freddle's 90% needs to cover the household and staffs expense, don't know how much is left in his pocket though.

Mary always ran her mouth, but rarely corresponded to reality since day one. Good that Danish press has never held her accountable for what she had said.  But recently I saw her spending less on clothes compared to previous years.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2022, 11:17:05 PM »

She looks like a ordinary woman out shopping.

And I'm sure she enjoys the freedom of being an ordinary woman shopping in her home country.

There will be plenty of issues to critise her for.  But enjoying a private trip in her home land with a close friend is not one.

Who’s criticising the trip?  Mind you, this will be costing the taxpayer.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2022, 11:35:33 PM »

Everyone misunderstood my comment.

I read it as 'not hiding but not looking for attention either'. Just normal.

Or no?
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2022, 02:50:45 AM »

Or no?

Other than the “sticky out bum bum” moment I’d agree. I think she looks much diminished without the event trappings and atmosphere and protection of the Danish Royals. Interestingly, other royals don’t look this ordinary in candids. i conject that something has happened for Mary to look so flat.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2022, 03:01:50 AM »

Or no?

Other than the “sticky out bum bum” moment I’d agree. I think she looks much diminished without the event trappings and atmosphere and protection of the Danish Royals. Interestingly, other royals don’t look this ordinary in candids. i conject that something has happened for Mary to look so flat.

To me, she looks quite happy.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2022, 03:39:20 AM »

Or no?

That’s good! Glad she has a fan amongst the dishing!
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2022, 09:28:32 AM »

A decade ago this would have been a big deal, now she really doesn’t draw the attention.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2022, 10:03:08 AM »

A decade ago this would have been a big deal, now she really doesn’t draw the attention.

I don't think she ever drew that much attention. A decade ago she was courting the press, announced the trip even before she went to Australia,  this time she probably just leaked the news of her visit right before she left  Wink.
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2022, 10:30:05 AM »

I don't think she ever drew that much attention. A decade ago she was courting the press, announced the trip even before she went to Australia,  this time she probably just leaked the news of her visit right before she left  Wink.

Her days of looking glamorous in designer clothes is over ... and no one buys the magazines that used to have her photo on the cover
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2022, 11:21:54 AM »

Her days of looking glamorous in designer clothes is over ... and no one buys the magazines that used to have her photo on the cover
[/b]

Doctor's surgeries, hospitals get them before they pulp them.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Princess MS

Warned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2022, 03:11:42 PM »

[/b]

Doctor's surgeries, hospitals get them before they pulp them.

G Smiley

These days in Covid times there are none in either place
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2022, 03:31:42 PM »

When Christian and Isabella start dating, that is when the press interest will increase. Fred and Mary just don't sell like the used to. What can you say, it is a youth obsessed culture.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2022, 04:27:30 PM »

Or no?

That’s good! Glad she has a fan amongst the dishing!

That's nice, but commenting that someone looks happy hardly makes me a fan, now does it? I am a neutral observer.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: