Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary spotted spending big $$$ in Melbourne  (Read 12471 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2022, 08:29:40 PM »

Everyone misunderstood my comment.

I read it as 'not hiding but not looking for attention either'. Just normal.

Or no?

Other than the “sticky out bum bum” moment I’d agree. I think she looks much diminished without the event trappings and atmosphere and protection of the Danish Royals. Interestingly, other royals don’t look this ordinary in candids. i conject that something has happened for Mary to look so flat.

To me, she looks quite happy.

That’s good! Glad she has a fan amongst the dishing!

That's nice, but commenting that someone looks happy hardly makes me a fan, now does it? I am a neutral observer.

I’m sure she’d be grateful for whatever she can get in this thread. 😹
anneboleyn

Warned
Gigantic Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2022, 09:00:03 PM »

I should start rooting for her, I always seem to like the underdog when it comes to royal women!  Laugh bounce

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2022, 11:21:04 PM »

I should start rooting for her, I always seem to like the underdog when it comes to royal women!  Laugh bounce

😹
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2022, 02:30:06 AM »

When Christian and Isabella start dating, that is when the press interest will increase. Fred and Mary just don't sell like the used to. What can you say, it is a youth obsessed culture.

Except for Denmark, I doubt press of other countries including Australia are interested at them. Mary used to hiring PR agents in Australia to do self promotion, I doubt she would do it for her kids who don't need it since they are royal born and Xian seems to be a low-key type of person.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2022, 04:16:42 AM »

When Christian and Isabella start dating, that is when the press interest will increase. Fred and Mary just don't sell like the used to. What can you say, it is a youth obsessed culture.

Except for Denmark, I doubt press of other countries including Australia are interested at them. Mary used to hiring PR agents in Australia to do self promotion, I doubt she would do it for her kids who don't need it since they are royal born and Xian seems to be a low-key type of person.

Other than Christian kicking some wildlife, having his mother cover his mouth with her hand at an airport, and having to duck unnoticed while a parent carried him under branches that were swiping him, and Isabella’s holey shoes - I haven’t seen them in the Australian press.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2022, 11:34:37 AM »

Is she still skulking in these parts I wonder.
Miss Marple

Ginormous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2022, 12:41:45 PM »

Christian seems a friendly, normal kid. But that's it. Nothing really newsworthy about him (which is good, he is entitled to some normal years).

Isabella made the headlines when she behaved really badly in public towards her mom, that happened at an age where you could expect more tact and also more tactical thinking. This was followed by a kind of "homestory" where she and her friends were pictured shopping or something, it was screaming "this is bad PR, she is just a normal misbehaving teenager, nothing to see here".

Vincent seems a nice kid. Josephine seems to be an Eloise/ Alexia/ Leah/ Camille in the making. Soon she will have a "look at me" Instagram acocunt and feel you more information than you ever wanted.

Mary and Frodo are not doing anything spectacular. Frodo is the most invisible crown prince in whole Europe (and Hakoon is not a workhorse, either). When he shows up and it is not sport, he usually wears a suit that is too small and he has the general appearance of someone who overslept in his clothes ... So it might protect him that there is not more coverage.

Mary is doing better, but always has this fake vibe around her and she always seems like a stressed headmistress playing her rehearsed role. Also not something you want to see every day.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2022, 03:33:03 PM »

A decade ago the media would have been following her around during this trip now, she and Amber just aren't that interesting. When Christian and Isabella start making trips on their own to Australia that is when we may see the media interest start.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2022, 11:28:47 PM »

A decade ago the media would have been following her around during this trip now, she and Amber just aren't that interesting. When Christian and Isabella start making trips on their own to Australia that is when we may see the media interest start.

something very suss about this trip of MEdiana's...

there is NO press coverage.

Why hasn't she called them up to tell them what she'll be doing and where?

very suss Secret

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2022, 11:56:45 PM »

something very suss about this trip of MEdiana's...

there is NO press coverage.

Why hasn't she called them up to tell them what she'll be doing and where?

very suss Secret

G Blink

I reckon Fred is looking happy for a reason and Mary is licking her wounds.
periwinkle

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2022, 02:57:37 AM »

Well the two oldest are off to boarding school and the youngest are more and more independent and pre-teen like so Mary's days of using her children as props are ending. Her husband doesn't need her either. Maybe we'll eventually see her down at the pub like we did with Charlene not that long ago. You always kind of end up where you start. The pull of the familiar.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: