Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QEII Platinum Jubilee  (Read 8782 times)
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 06:00:38 PM »

How fun!  Thanks for the link  Thumb up  I'm pretty sure you can see Kate and one of the yorkies (I think it's Bea) milling about to the right.

I can't wait to see them all spiffed up waving in their first carriage ride    it'll be precious and totally AWESOME!

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 06:22:10 PM »

How fun!  Thanks for the link  Thumb up  I'm pretty sure you can see Kate and one of the yorkies (I think it's Bea) milling about to the right.

I can't wait to see them all spiffed up waving in their first carriage ride    it'll be precious and totally AWESOME!

How fun! I see Kate, and I spotted Genie on the right - the tennis shoes give her away, and she's got August.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 06:33:18 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »

Saw this on twitter. Looks like the grandkids practicing for the Jubilee.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬
@NewsCambridges
So excited!!! The Queen's great grandchildren at Windsor Castle!!! For sure we will have a new portrait for Platinum Jubilee 😍🫶🏻 This will be awesome 🥹
https://twitter.com/NewsC...;t=eNA8xFzala7DC8HrpXBXsA

I just saw that too!  That was cool!

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »

I wonder how Eugenie will make sure we only see the back of August's head for the jubilee?  Roll Eyes

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2022, 06:14:39 PM »

Ancient trees dedicated to Queen for Platinum Jubilee

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61286592

One of the best Jubilee programs, IMHO.

Have a look at the photographs, they are marvelous.

The Prince of Wales has urged people to protect "dwindling" ancient trees in honour of the Queen's Platinum Jubilee.
A network of 70 ancient woodlands and 70 ancient trees is being dedicated to the Queen, marking her 70-year reign.
The woodland that inspired the 100 Acre Wood in Winne the Pooh and the apple tree where Sir Isaac Newton discovered gravity are among those included.

We need to "protect the precious ancient woodland habitats for generations to come", the prince said.
The Queen's Green Canopy, of which Prince Charles is patron, has been encouraging people to plant a tree for the Jubilee and create a legacy to the Queen.
"If we are to create the ancient trees of the future we must plant more trees and hedgerows, in fields, churchyards and avenues," the prince added.

As Prince Charles unveiled the collection of woodlands and trees due to be protected across the UK, he asked for the "dwindling" historic natural habitat to be renewed.
He said woodlands and trees do not only exist for "everyone to enjoy", but also to support biodiversity and provide materials for craft workers.
The dedication of ancient trees and woodlands aims to honour the Queen and raise awareness of the importance of conserving ancient trees and woodlands.

Prince Charles said their steadfast and reassuring presence was "a reminder of our long-serving sovereign and her enduring dedication".
"Let us ensure that in her name we can now protect and strengthen this wonderful living canopy for the next 70 years and, hopefully, way beyond," he added.

The range of locations - from rural to urban - being dedicated to the monarch reflects "the unique diversity of all corners of the United Kingdom", he said.

The chosen locations also reflect a range of themes including history, children, education, creative arts and science.
Prince Charles launched the project in a video message recorded under one of the ancient trees. The old Sycamore tree at Dumfries House in Scotland was planted around the reigns of Queen Elizabeth I and King James VI.

"It is remarkable that this ancient tree is as old as Shakespeare's Hamlet and Caravaggio's David and Goliath," he said.

He said more than one million trees had already been planted as part of the "treebilee" campaign for the jubilee.
It has also been announced that primary school children in the UK will be given a book to mark the jubilee, which includes famous quotes from the Queen and details about significant Commonwealth figures such as Nelson Mandela.
The book will be handed out to children in state-funded primary schools, the Department of Education said

Winston Churchill
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2022, 08:00:19 PM »

I love this tree initiative. It's in keeping with his longtime passion, when it wasn't popular and he was roundly made fun of (still happens). I loved the Queen's walk in a garden with Sir David Attenborough. It's a good thing and I had no idea about those historical trees.

Speaking of trees and going slightly off topic, on NPR's The World the other day, Friday, there has been an initiative in Niger to leave alone cut trees. They have been regenerating themselves over the last number of years, maybe 30, while planted trees have mostly died. Slowly the canopy is growing back in Niger and it is benefiting the farmers. There is almost no water in that country. It was such a nice report. Naturally I can't find the link right now.

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2022, 08:09:29 PM »

I love this tree initiative. It's in keeping with his longtime passion, when it wasn't popular and he was roundly made fun of (still happens). I loved the Queen's walk in a garden with Sir David Attenborough. It's a good thing and I had no idea about those historical trees.

Speaking of trees and going slightly off topic, on NPR's The World the other day, Friday, there has been an initiative in Niger to leave alone cut trees. They have been regenerating themselves over the last number of years, maybe 30, while planted trees have mostly died. Slowly the canopy is growing back in Niger and it is benefiting the farmers. There is almost no water in that country. It was such a nice report. Naturally I can't find the link right now.

That's great to know about Niger, Paulina. Given the extensive root system already established it is no wonder shoots sent up from the cut trees are doing better than newly planted saplings.

Winston Churchill
Paulina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2022, 12:21:15 AM »

Still OT, but here is an article and it's recent:

https://www.nationalgeogr...ry-grew-200-million-trees

The problem with incompetent, corrupt, fascist government is incompetence, corruption and fascism,  not government (Jerome à Paris - paraphrased)
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2022, 05:49:39 PM »

The Royal Family
@RoyalFamily

The Gold State Coach will lead the
@Jubilee_Pageant
 on the final day of the #PlatinumJubilee central weekend in June.

Bringing to life iconic moments from The Queen’s reign, the Pageant is just one way to celebrate over this historic event.

Get involved: https://royal.uk/platinumjubilee
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2022, 05:51:13 PM »

Trooping the Color balcony appearances.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2022, 06:01:05 PM »

Wessex kids should be omited, imo, but otherwise it makes sense.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2022, 06:22:27 PM »

St Paul's Cathedral
@StPaulsLondon
St Paul’s will hold a historic Service of Thanksgiving for The Queen’s reign on the morning of Friday 3rd June. The Service will include bible readings, anthems, prayers and congregational hymns, expressing thankfulness for The Queen’s reign...
faith and service; desire to foster unity and peace amongst all peoples; and commitment to care for God’s creation. The Service will include a new Anthem by Judith Weir, Master of The Queen’s Music, that sets to music words from the third Chapter of the Book of Proverbs...
More details about our #PlatinumJubilee events and activities can be found on our website at https://stpauls.co.uk/platinum-jubilee
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2022, 12:23:37 AM »

St Paul's Cathedral
@StPaulsLondon
St Paul’s will hold a historic Service of Thanksgiving for The Queen’s reign on the morning of Friday 3rd June. The Service will include bible readings, anthems, prayers and congregational hymns, expressing thankfulness for The Queen’s reign...
faith and service; desire to foster unity and peace amongst all peoples; and commitment to care for God’s creation. The Service will include a new Anthem by Judith Weir, Master of The Queen’s Music, that sets to music words from the third Chapter of the Book of Proverbs...
More details about our #PlatinumJubilee events and activities can be found on our website at https://stpauls.co.uk/platinum-jubilee

The Service of Thanksgiving for The Queen's reign will occur on my birthday, June 3rd!
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2022, 12:59:32 AM »

Wessex kids should be omited, imo, but otherwise it makes sense.

I’m assuming it’s because James is still a minor and so it makes sense for him to attend with his parents, and it would maybe look awkward to omit Louise so she gets to go too.

Glad the Kents and Gloucesters are still being included. Even if they are still around for Charles’ reign, they, especially the Kents, are getting up there in age, but have devoted their lives to service to the Crown and as they are still working royals, deserve their spots as much as any of the others!
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2022, 02:05:30 AM »

The Telegraph
@Telegraph

👑 Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor is to drive the Duke of Edinburgh’s carriage in the Royal Windsor Horse Show's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, which will pay tribute to the Queen and Duke’s unrivalled contribution to the equestrian world
https://twitter.com/Teleg...;t=XFwpQkxABGWBC8egq-l9AA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: