Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QEII Platinum Jubilee  (Read 8779 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2022, 04:05:53 AM »

Wessex kids should be omited, imo, but otherwise it makes sense.

Why donít you want to see Lady Louise on the balcony?
Cassie84

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2022, 04:41:38 AM »

For me, it just seems out of step with omitting the other grandchildren who are omitted because they arenít working royals. Why are the Wessexes being treated differently to Anneís kids and the Yorks, all of whom have supported their grandmother for many more years. The Cambridge kids make sense - they are the future of the monarchy.

IMO it would have been cleaner to leave Louise and James off - now it seems like they are getting preferred treatment and seems more of a snub / rudeness to the other grandchildren.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2022, 05:26:42 AM »

For me, it just seems out of step with omitting the other grandchildren who are omitted because they arenít working royals. Why are the Wessexes being treated differently to Anneís kids and the Yorks, all of whom have supported their grandmother for many more years. The Cambridge kids make sense - they are the future of the monarchy.

IMO it would have been cleaner to leave Louise and James off - now it seems like they are getting preferred treatment and seems more of a snub / rudeness to the other grandchildren.

Isnít Lady Louise below 18?  Iíd say sheís the upcoming next-generation star of the family. Hey, the Queen gets to choose! 💜
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2022, 09:09:07 AM »

Isnít Lady Louise below 18?  Iíd say sheís the upcoming next-generation star of the family. Hey, the Queen gets to choose! 💜

She turned 18 last November and so is now legally an adult.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2022, 09:53:29 AM »

Sheís riding Philipís carriage for the Jubillee and Iím sure HM did not want to leave James out then. ( I have some MH questions about him but of course  itís really not my business)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2022, 10:45:40 AM »

I have a feeling that Louise was especially close to Phillip the last few years and I think thatís part of the reason she and James are on the balcony. As much as the jubilee is about Betty, I think itís also partly about honouring Phillip. Edward is the future DoE, Louis was very close to Phillip and James is her youngest grandchild.

Itís very possible that there are a few who feel upset about not being on the balcony, but I think many of them also donít mind Louise and James being there.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2022, 03:33:42 PM »

I'd love to see Anne's kids, especially the grandkids, they're all so adorable and the interaction of the cute cousins is always delightful.  Who can forget Ilsa putting her hand over Georges mouth  Laugh bounce

As far as the yorkies and the others  Dead MEH.  They are just takers, it's not like they contribute anything of value to the Firm, except bad headlines, trying to suck granny dry and countless headaches.  If leaving them out meant leaving out some good ones, while not fair, it makes sense.  I'm sure the vile, petty ones are the only ones upset, the others not so much. jmo

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2022, 03:38:37 PM »

This is what they were practicing a couple of weeks ago I guess.

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
The Queenís Great Grandchildren (minus the Sussex kids) will ride together in a horse-drawn carriage as part of the finale of the Royal Windsor Horse Show's Platinum Jubilee celebrations held in Windsor Castle Grounds next Sunday evening.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2022, 04:06:04 PM »

I'd love to see Anne's kids, especially the grandkids, they're all so adorable and the interaction of the cute cousins is always delightful.  Who can forget Ilsa putting her hand over Georges mouth  Laugh bounce

As far as the yorkies and the others  Dead MEH.  They are just takers, it's not like they contribute anything of value to the Firm, except bad headlines, trying to suck granny dry and countless headaches.  If leaving them out meant leaving out some good ones, while not fair, it makes sense.  I'm sure the vile, petty ones are the only ones upset, the others not so much. jmo

Most of ďthe othersĒ live lives away from the public eye 👁.... when they marry or divorce they get attention... as for the York girls they seem inoffensive and mostly not seeking attention

But the change in the guard is coming and the balcony lineup will too .... I doubt those not there this time really care
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2022, 04:31:53 PM »

I'd bet the farm there are  3  VERY upset about it  Jumping  hopefully it's eating them alive

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2022, 05:51:27 PM »

IMO Louise and James are the grandchildren QEII and Philip had more contact with, growing up.

This is what they were practicing a couple of weeks ago I guess.

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
The Queenís Great Grandchildren (minus the Sussex kids) will ride together in a horse-drawn carriage as part of the finale of the Royal Windsor Horse Show's Platinum Jubilee celebrations held in Windsor Castle Grounds next Sunday evening.

So this was they were praticing in that twitter video!! Jumping Jumping

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2022, 06:12:54 PM »

That is really wonderful news, I can imagine a coachload of excited children promenading in front of HM. Can't wait for pictures!
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2022, 06:40:36 PM »

So this would be 8 kiddos correct?

Peter's two girls Savannah and Isla
Zara's two girls Mia and Lena (the boy is too young)
William's three George Charlotte and Louis
Wolfie instead of the York grand babies who are still too young.

I would imagine the babies are even too young for the older girls to hold while wobbling around in a carriage. I wouldn't like it as a mother.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2022, 06:45:04 PM »

I have read somewhere that will be George, Charlotte, Louis, Savannah, Isla, Mia, Lena, Lucas and Sienna.

I am not sure if this acurate because both Lucas and Sienna and quite young. Unless Savannah and Isla, as older, are on "babysitting" duties, I do not see them attend at all.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2022, 06:45:23 PM »

No Iíve read the plan is the older one  are taking care of the younger ones in some fashion ( holdijg them or in car seats helping with major groomsmen on the outside?  And Nanny Maria helping?

I donít know but I canít wait to see it
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: