Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QEII Platinum Jubilee  (Read 8780 times)
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2022, 08:24:07 PM »

IMO Louise and James are the grandchildren QEII and Philip had more contact with, growing up.

This is what they were practicing a couple of weeks ago I guess.

Gert's Royals
@Gertsroyals
The Queen’s Great Grandchildren (minus the Sussex kids) will ride together in a horse-drawn carriage as part of the finale of the Royal Windsor Horse Show's Platinum Jubilee celebrations held in Windsor Castle Grounds next Sunday evening.

So this was they were praticing in that twitter video!! Jumping Jumping

Very cool. 

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2022, 09:02:59 PM »

I have read somewhere that will be George, Charlotte, Louis, Savannah, Isla, Mia, Lena, Lucas and Sienna.

I am not sure if this acurate because both Lucas and Sienna and quite young. Unless Savannah and Isla, as older, are on "babysitting" duties, I do not see them attend at all.

No August?

If the littlest ones are along car seats would be a very good thing. Not only will I enjoy the spectacle, I'm interested to see how they work it all out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 09:08:09 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Winston Churchill
CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2022, 10:31:40 PM »

I have read that Sienna will be one of the children included in the carriage ride.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2022, 02:00:33 AM »

Wth?  Thinking

Prince Edward is given Ulster Jubilee role and William and Kate will head for Wales as royals are set to visit all four nations to spread UK unity

Prince William and Kate will visit Wales over the extended bank holiday weekend
Edward and Sophie will go to Northern Ireland and Princess Anne to Scotland
Charles and Camilla to remain in London, but no role for Harry and Meghan

The Queen will use her Platinum Jubilee to emphasise UK unity, sending members of her family to all four nations.

Prince William and wife Kate will visit Wales over the extended bank holiday weekend from June 2 to 5.

Prince Edward and Sophie will go to Northern Ireland while Princess Anne heads to Scotland.
There will be no roles for Prince Harry and Meghan and Prince Andrew.

The four main events of the weekend – Trooping the Colour, the Party at the Palace, the Platinum Jubilee Pageant and a service of thanksgiving – will all be in London.

But jubilee beacons will be lit at 2,000 locations around the UK and the Commonwealth on June 2 and over 60,000 Big Jubilee Lunches involving millions of Britons will be held on June 5.

A Palace spokesman said: ‘Members of the Royal Family will attend engagements in each nation, including public events marking the occasion.’

Further details of the visits will be revealed in the coming weeks.
https://www.dailymail.co....liam-Kate-head-Wales.html
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2022, 03:05:58 AM »

It’s doable. 

Thursday is TTC at 10am and lighting the beacon at 9pm

Friday is church at 11:30

Saturday is the Derby in the afternoon and the concert at 8pm

Sunday is the Pageant at 2:30pm

They could easily spend the day elsewhere before reconvening for the concert on Saturday.  And on Sunday there are various community street parties so the plan could be to attend those.  It’s smart to keep Charles in London while sending William to Wales to stress the next phase…Charles as monarch and William as heir.  Anne does a bunch of stuff in Scotland so that makes sense too.  I do like spreading out rather than just staying in London…the whole country is celebrating and that sort of sentiment needs to be encouraged.
anneboleyn

Warned
Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2022, 03:35:50 AM »

I agree! I like that they are spreading out a bit. It’s a mark of honor for William and Kate. They’ll do a great job.

“And she will keep coming back to life, over and over again, because beneath the skin of this gentle human lives a warrior unstoppable.” - Annabelle M. Ramos
cottesmore girl

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2022, 10:34:08 AM »

It’s doable. 

Thursday is TTC at 10am and lighting the beacon at 9pm

Friday is church at 11:30

Saturday is the Derby in the afternoon and the concert at 8pm

Sunday is the Pageant at 2:30pm

They could easily spend the day elsewhere before reconvening for the concert on Saturday.  And on Sunday there are various community street parties so the plan could be to attend those.  It’s smart to keep Charles in London while sending William to Wales to stress the next phase…Charles as monarch and William as heir.  Anne does a bunch of stuff in Scotland so that makes sense too.  I do like spreading out rather than just staying in London…the whole country is celebrating and that sort of sentiment needs to be encouraged.

Oohh...I'm going to The Derby on the 4th! Hadn't realised QE2 would be there. AFAICR she hasn't attended for the last few years.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and report back with any Royal sightings! Champagne
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2022, 01:56:17 PM »

https://www.smh.com.au/wo...time-20220510-p5ak7s.html

No tiaras ... very low key
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2022, 02:24:40 PM »

I don't mind the Wessex kids on the balcony: As we said, James is still in the "child" stage, and Louise while technically an adult at 18, is still extremely young. All other grandchildren are approaching middle age... Angel

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2022, 02:34:40 PM »

I don't mind the Wessex kids on the balcony: As we said, James is still in the "child" stage, and Louise while technically an adult at 18, is still extremely young. All other grandchildren are approaching middle age... Angel

Agree - Peter and Zara must be over 40, Will around same age and Harry close to. The Yorkies 5 plus years younger ? So Ed's kids are not same generation

Next year I suspect moot point as I think QE won't be here
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2022, 03:12:04 PM »

Agree - Peter and Zara must be over 40, Will around same age and Harry close to. The Yorkies 5 plus years younger ? So Ed's kids are not same generation

That is so terribly, terribly stark. I am totally in denial.
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2022, 03:32:04 PM »

She may hold up but if she is really fragile she might think time to go ... my mother did
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2022, 06:05:30 PM »

I've always considered the Wessex children as a tween generation, all to themselves. There are thirteen years between Genie and Louise, the gap narrows with only four years between James and Savannah. It won't matter as much as time passes on. Still, the Wessex children were a delight to their grandparents after the older ones were grown and that was a lovely thing.

I don't mind them being on the balcony.

Winston Churchill
Lady Liebe

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2022, 06:16:50 PM »

She may hold up but if she is really fragile she might think time to go ... my mother did

I think HM might have held up better if Phillip had passed at 90 instead of near 100. Now with the loss of her steadfast 'rock', plus ill health, she might well be giving up. That's okay. It's sad, and it will be a terrific loss, but she's had a tremendous life, good innings, and we need to mourn, but let her go in peace. (Sorry in advance for tears, Hester)

Winston Churchill
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2022, 06:31:25 PM »

I think HM might have held up better if Phillip had passed at 90 instead of near 100. Now with the loss of her steadfast 'rock', plus ill health, she might well be giving up. That's okay. It's sad, and it will be a terrific loss, but she's had a tremendous life, good innings, and we need to mourn, but let her go in peace. (Sorry in advance for tears, Hester)

When my grandaunt died, she was not taking her medication nor was she eating.  I got the sense that she had made up her mind that it was her time to go.

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: