Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QEII Platinum Jubilee  (Read 69461 times)
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: June 05, 2022, 11:24:00 PM »

I just love that Americans have been so enthusiastic. And has everyone seen the tribute from Michelle Obama?
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2022, 12:02:54 AM »

Just to clarify Mariola I don't think YOU are off the rails. That is an insult. I mentioned it about your argument and expressed myself badly if you took it personally for that I apologize. I just think it is possible to hold differing thoughts about the institution of monarchy and this woman. She is an exception for sure at 70 plus on the throne and as others have said done her best. It's for sure a weird phenomenon but very interesting to me as an outsider.

I took no offence, don't worry.
Mariola

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2022, 12:12:45 AM »

I respect your view point but don't agree. I think what you are seeing is

a) a nation celebrating being together after so long literally kept apart
b) celebrating the person not the Crown (even in the UK automatic respect for nobility and royalty is long gone)
c) people celebrating a woman doing a job that involve a huge part of public service for 70 years, and on the whole doing it pretty well
d) celebrating someone who for anyone under the age of 90 has been there in public literally their entire lives something those without a monarch or those with monarchs who are relatively new may not be able to fathom
e) this is the first and likely last Platinum Jubilee in a generation so people feel more inclined to mark it

Whatever the reason, no one has made people celebrate the Jubilee and everyone has celebrated in different ways. I went to a family party where you had the older great grandparent generation who are very much monarchists and all for how wonderful the RF are, to those who couldn't give a hoot about the monarchy and would happily see President Johnston or President Starmer in office - but all of whom were happy to spend time with friends and family for a party over a long weekend. 

Thumb up
ralf103

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: June 06, 2022, 12:22:24 AM »

Just realised green was the perfect colour for the Queen today - Cams in white, Catherine in red, Charlotte in white and William, Charles, Louis and George in blue - perfect.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: June 06, 2022, 01:22:17 AM »

Oh my Louis sitting in Grandpa Charles' lap!

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Aubiette

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: June 06, 2022, 01:28:32 AM »

Savannah and Mia dancing

https://twitter.com/Chris...;t=1Mo8rdvNGiCbkChV5yiQWQ
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 01:33:59 AM by Aubiette » Logged
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: June 06, 2022, 01:47:13 AM »

Wrong thread
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2022, 02:13:12 AM »

The little crop of the top of Lena's head absolutely still while her cousin and sister dance next to her is hilarious  Laugh bounce
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: June 06, 2022, 02:14:51 AM »

The Queen's balcony outfit was lovely, but the black blob on the hat seems a bit extraneous.  I don't understand its addition at all!
Kayzilla

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2022, 02:18:07 AM »

The Queen's balcony outfit was lovely, but the black blob on the hat seems a bit extraneous.  I don't understand its addition at all!

Me either! My first reaction was “is the Queen wearing a GoPro on her hat??” I mean the footage would be hilarious Laughing
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2022, 02:57:54 AM »

Why is Zara letting those kids stuff their faces at the pageant? They look like greedy little gargoyles!

All of them got a goodie bag from Fortnum & Mason and I daresay there’s nothing wrong with the kids opening it. Louis and Charlotte did too.

Also Mike is there too. Why on earth are you blaming only Zara??  Snare

Zara was raised royal so I would place a higher expectation on her than on Mike. Louis and Charlotte were eating with completely different manners to the Tindall girls.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2022, 03:01:44 AM »

Me either! My first reaction was “is the Queen wearing a GoPro on her hat??” I mean the footage would be hilarious Laughing

It'd be funny if she did...  The footage would be fantastic!

Need a documentary for the classroom?  Hit me up here: https://historydoctube.weebly.com/
Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: June 06, 2022, 03:11:20 AM »

Sky live youtube is not avaibale in my country Sad

Isn't Louis wearing the same shirt George wore on his first the "generation picture"? this one:

Louis has the short sleeved version on, but yes. Both shirts are either replicas or the same shirts William wore as a child.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:55:22 AM by emtishell » Logged
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: June 06, 2022, 03:15:34 AM »

I’m late to this party, but it looks like the parade was a blast! Loving all the interactions with the children, Lena and Charlotte especially. This was definitely a concerted effort to show a close family ( Whistle TWMNBN).

Zara is wearing the same dress Mary wore to Gustav and Carina’s civil wedding (as per instagram).

Eug has a cute video of Augie on her insta - nice to see his face. He definitely looks like Eug as a baby.

Overall its been a great and successful weekend. Happy Jubilee, Ma’am!
thecrownjewelthief

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2022, 03:25:30 AM »

I was out of town this weekend so been catching up on all of the highlights from the last few days - what a fantastic celebration! I love seeing the extended family together and having fun. All of the cousins and second cousins are so cute. There probably is a bittersweetness to this, but it's also kind of cool to get to celebrate HM's life during a happy time rather than only once she has passed.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: